Started by Gabriel_Hurl, November 09, 2006, 10:54:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

OurKid

Quote from: omaghjoe on October 24, 2019, 03:26:20 PM
Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 24, 2019, 03:17:18 PM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 24, 2019, 03:07:40 PM
Quote from: LeoMc on October 24, 2019, 02:58:10 PM
Quote from: oakleafgael on October 24, 2019, 02:56:43 PM
Will this be allowed to happen as Dregish is part of a different parish? Any similar examples in the past?
Is there another club in their parish?

Castlederg. Both they and Dregish lie in Ardstraw West, while NTS lies in Ardstraw East.

Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 24, 2019, 03:01:57 PM
Not a problem, Errigal Ciaran are 4 parishes put together.

Care to name them?
Not a problem
Altamuskin, Ballygawley, Garvaghey and Glencull

I often hear this mentioned like its fact especially from the East Tyrone crowd. Errigal Ciarian is one parish, albeit one large parish but I wouldn't think their pick would be any more than other large parishes Carrickmore, Dromore etc. It would definitely be less than town teams like Omagh Coalisland etc
I think this may be the stupidest thing I've ever came across apart from the time I heard people from trillick calling Rory brennan razza. Coalisland and Omagh are of similar size now are they? One is our county town while the other is a small town with numerous clubs surrounding it. Wise up
And if either had the same pick as errigal how come they don't have 4 teams in adult football?

Pearse Blue

Quote from: OurKid on October 24, 2019, 04:22:16 PM
Will this be allowed to happen as Dregish is part of a different parish? Any similar examples in the past?

Castlederg. Both they and Dregish lie in Ardstraw West, while NTS lies in Ardstraw East.

Care to name them?
Not a problem

I often hear this mentioned like its fact especially from the East Tyrone crowd. Errigal Ciarian is one parish, albeit one large parish but I wouldn't think their pick would be any more than other large parishes Carrickmore, Dromore etc. It would definitely be less than town teams like Omagh Coalisland etc
I think this may be the stupidest thing I've ever came across apart from the time I heard people from trillick calling Rory brennan razza. Coalisland and Omagh are of similar size now are they? One is our county town while the other is a small town with numerous clubs surrounding it. Wise up
And if either had the same pick as errigal how come they don't have 4 teams in adult football?
Which do you think is worse, Razza, Ryzer, Donnerz or LeErOy? Wish Dromore won

SG08

Care to name them?
Not a problem

Carrickmore is not a parish. It is in the same parish as Loughmacrory. Can you imagine if they joined.

LeoMc

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 24, 2019, 03:28:53 PM

Care to name them?
Not a problem

What was Ballygawley back in the day then
Same area different name.

Pearse Blue

Quote from: SG08 on October 24, 2019, 04:29:23 PM

Care to name them?
Not a problem

Carrickmore is not a parish. It is in the same parish as Loughmacrory. Can you imagine if they joined.
Imagine, 30 Scumbags on one team

OurKid

Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 24, 2019, 04:27:48 PM
Quote from: OurKid on October 24, 2019, 04:22:16 PM

Care to name them?
Not a problem

Which do you think is worse, Razza, Ryzer, Donnerz or LeErOy? Wish Dromore won
Don't know my old pal , they must have put their names into a nickname generator they found on the internet.

OurKid 2.0

Are Greencastle the greatest reserve team in the history of Tyrone club football? another championship last night

sensethetone

Quote from: OurKid 2.0 on October 25, 2019, 10:16:29 AM
Are Greencastle the greatest reserve team in the history of Tyrone club football? another championship last night

Is it now time to split Greencastle and Broughderg?

WT4E

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 25, 2019, 09:47:08 AM
Regardless, on the the image itself which has no relevance to the argument. Take a sec and look how closely all the clubs up round us are clustered in the east, and the clubs year on year produce talent. A number of us are in Div 1 aswell, remarkable. Compared to the westies, who only have a handful of div 1 teams.

Population density is the answer here - due largely to proximity to Lough Neagh - Although dont let that get in the way of an east/west Tyrone debate!  ;D

stillsenior

Quote from: Pearse Blue on October 24, 2019, 03:28:01 PM

Care to name them?
Not a problem

Not a chance, twice the size of Coalisland

And remember there are 4 clubs in and around Omagh

Moonshine

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 25, 2019, 10:50:14 AM
Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 25, 2019, 10:48:18 AM
Regardless, on the the image itself which has no relevance to the argument. Take a sec and look how closely all the clubs up round us are clustered in the east, and the clubs year on year produce talent. A number of us are in Div 1 aswell, remarkable. Compared to the westies, who only have a handful of div 1 teams.

Once again...

'twas actually thinking more in mind of the discussion concerning Dregish & Newtownstewart. But whatever makes your opinion the centre of the universe. 🙄

Oh, just a reminder, Errigal Ciaran is simply a one-parish club, that being the parish of Errigal Ciaran. Plenty of other clubs in Tyrone which are the only ones in their parish, and before anyone tries to get smart, the effective catchment area of many such clubs often go beyond parish lines, for example Beragh, Sixmilecross and Seskinore all lie in the one parish, however 6MX is somewhat split between Beragh, Carrickmore and Errigal, while most in Seskinore go with Fintona rather than Beragh.

Do errigal scouts get paid much i wonder. Transfer window a busy time of year.

Coalisland scouts would be better positioned in answering that

Pearse Blue

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 25, 2019, 11:53:15 AM
Quote from: WT4E on October 25, 2019, 10:51:55 AM

Population density is the answer here - due largely to proximity to Lough Neagh - Although dont let that get in the way of an east/west Tyrone debate!  ;D

It only seems to be a significant amount of folk on the eastern edges of Tyrone that seem to care about this west/east supposed rivalry. No one I know living west of the Ballygawley roundabouts tends to give a f**k.

The clubs which have Strabane as their closest town have a somewhat loose "North Tyrone" connection, but they don't go banging on about it.
I wouldn't bang on about it either to be fair, why would anyone want to be associated with Strabane

Goals_Will_Come

Quote from: sensethetone on October 25, 2019, 10:30:02 AM

Is it now time to split Greencastle and Broughderg?

Quote from: topofthesoil on October 25, 2019, 10:32:32 AM

Their keeper, mcdermott i think his name is will be shortlisted for the mckenna cup this year?

I would like to take the time and welcome Brian McCullagh and Dara McDermott's father to the discussion board.

omaghjoe

Quote from: WT4E on October 25, 2019, 10:51:55 AM

The midge and eel diet supports a higher population and is more conducive to better footballers

Olly

Quote from: Fionntamhnach on October 24, 2019, 03:39:05 PM
Probably worth posting this up - taken from the Tyrone GAA county website all the way back to 1999!

Dodgy map
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".