Premier League 2023-2024

Started by Dire Ear, July 31, 2022, 12:39:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

Emery signing an extended contract with Villa today will put to bed any summer speculation in that regard.

HokeyPokey

Quote from: From the Bunker on April 20, 2024, 11:57:21 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 20, 2024, 11:37:32 AMMust be a parade or two for those glorious points tally's?

That's the tough sh1t of sport. You can be the best team in a below average league and you can be a really top team in a  in a competitive league.

City are going for their 6th league title in 7 years. They'd be going for 7 in a row if Liverpool did not break their run. They are going for an unprecedented 4 in a row this year. People can say money is the factor, but money will only buy you a very strong squad. You still need hunger and organisation. I hear all this talk of the 115 charges against City, if they held any substance then City would be deducted points like Forest and Everton. There is no way the League would treat one club different to the rest. Klopps record of being competitive in the League here and there and being competitive in the Champions League is over blown. Any other club other than City could do what Klopp has done at liverpool the last 5 to 6 years. It's mad that he lasted so long at the club.

Cities are much more complicated. Not sure why it should take so long. There's loads of dodgy stuff like receiving millions of sponsorship money from companies that didn't exist.

Money can only get you so far (see Yanited). But it can get you the best manager in the world, the best players and scouts etc. Pep hardly went to Man City for the mediocre history, did he? It's not as if he took a bunch of lads from the academy either. It's an impressive sporting feat what they have achieved, but it's pretty clear that they did so outside the financial rules etc., which are lax as it is. 

quit yo jibbajabba

F*ck me Bunker I've read some shite on this board but that's deffo up there 🤣🤣🤣🤣 sorry/glad I missed it first time round. Those last two sentences will take some beating.

When you've time on your hands write down the amount of points the likes of United Arsenal Chelsea Spurs finished behind city in the past 6,7 years then revisit your musings 🤣🤣🤣

From the Bunker

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on Today at 04:25:04 PMF*ck me Bunker I've read some shite on this board but that's deffo up there 🤣🤣🤣🤣 sorry/glad I missed it first time round. Those last two sentences will take some beating.

When you've time on your hands write down the amount of points the likes of United Arsenal Chelsea Spurs finished behind city in the past 6,7 years then revisit your musings 🤣🤣🤣

I was playing Devils advocate......  ;)

quit yo jibbajabba

Have I just made a fool of myself?!
Won't be the first time

I should go back and read all but cba but will apologise 😆🤝

Blowitupref

All too easy for Arsenal against Chelsea tonight, I didn't see the FA cup semi final but on this poor showing tonight how did Chelsea only lose 1-0 against Man City at the weekend?
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

mrdeeds

Quote from: Blowitupref on Today at 09:26:30 PMAll too easy for Arsenal against Chelsea tonight, I didn't see the FA cup semi final but on this poor showing tonight how did Chelsea only lose 1-0 against Man City at the weekend?

Were the better team against City.

Saffrongael

Quote from: Blowitupref on Today at 09:26:30 PMAll too easy for Arsenal against Chelsea tonight, I didn't see the FA cup semi final but on this poor showing tonight how did Chelsea only lose 1-0 against Man City at the weekend?

Every game is different
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

quit yo jibbajabba

Chelsea are a shambles.

Going against popular opinion but mccoist annoys me. There, Ive said it 🤓

JoG2

Quote from: Saffrongael on Today at 09:33:46 PM

Every game is different

Just depends if certain players could be bothered to really put in a big shift in any certain match

Saffrongael

Quote from: quit yo jibbajabba on Today at 09:38:01 PMChelsea are a shambles.

Going against popular opinion but mccoist annoys me. There, Ive said it 🤓

He's a dose
Let no-one say the best hurlers belong to the past. They are with us now, and better yet to come

Blowitupref

5-0 flattered Chelsea tonight.
Is the ref going to finally blow his whistle?... No, he's going to blow his nose

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Blowitupref on Today at 09:57:55 PM5-0 flattered Chelsea tonight.

Arsenal could easily have had 5 more. Chelsea completely crumbled.