2018 NFL Division 1

Started by Kuwabatake Sanjuro, January 02, 2018, 09:17:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

macdanger2

Decent result for Galway, would have been nice to get the win

seafoid

Shocker from Mayo. Against Tyrone. ((Facepalm)).
But sher it is only the league  .
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

Hound

Fair play to Galway for getting the late late equaliser.

A few bouts of argy-bargy in the closing minutes too, so sets the final up nicely.

O'Gara sent off on a straight red 5 minutes after he came on. Hopefully a 6 month suspension!
When we've so many good footballers, how Jim keeps him on the panel is beyond me

omagh_gael

As Sean Cavanagh said, not bad from a defensive team! ;)

longballin

Quote from: omagh_gael on March 18, 2018, 04:41:00 PM
As Sean Cavanagh said, not bad from a defensive team! ;)

Sean Cavanagh said, "We were slaves to a system last year."  Hopefully thats now changed and management has listened.

An Fhairche Abu

Jason Sherlock a lucky man that there were no cameras at the match, I'd put nearly the entire blame for the "antics" down the stretch of the last ten minutes and injury time on him.

spuds

Quote from: An Fhairche Abu on March 18, 2018, 04:44:42 PM
Jason Sherlock a lucky man that there were no cameras at the match, I'd put nearly the entire blame for the "antics" down the stretch of the last ten minutes and injury time on him.
Do tell.
"As I get older I notice the years less and the seasons more."
John Hubbard

From the Bunker

A bitterly cold day in Castlebar. Fair dues to Tyrone, they had a plan and they stayed to the script professionally. Mayo were a bit of a mess, not helped by losing Andy, Boyler, Lee and Cillian. The pitch was a mess also with all the sand. But Tyrone had to deal with that also and had to deal with losing a few decent players of their own.

It's been a while since I've seen Mayo people leave a ground with 15 minutes to go! Brought back long forgotten memories.

Tyrone got a decent lead early on a choked the life out of us. Unfair to single out players, as there was not much anyone could do, so was the Lack luster feel there was to Mayo today! Looks like we are destined for division two. No big deal! It's been coming. The League (especially this year) has seemed a huge inconvenience. Maybe we need Division Two football to blood players and to rest our veterans. Donegal are no world beaters but they have acquitted themselves well in Division One despite lack of points on the board to prove this.

Hopefully today was one of those blips. Or Maybe it's another gradual notch to mark the ending of this decent group! I fear it is more the second. As a collective of Players, Management and fans there are only so many years that the knocks can be taken!

larryin89

The result today although a terrible result/performance, is nothing compared to injury list. #doomed .

Absolutely lump on Galway @15/8 .
Walk-in down mchale rd , sun out, summers day , game day . That's all .

An Fhairche Abu

Quote from: spuds on March 18, 2018, 04:47:23 PM
Do tell.
Selectors, water carriers etc. getting involved with players is a big no no for me anyway, Sherlock went in the middle of two lads holding jerseys on the sideline and that really kicked off a big melee that basically rolled on for the rest of the match in some form with both sets of players pulling, dragging and holding everything that moved.
Jayo spent the rest of the match basically running on the pitch giving instructions, I'd say hoping some Galway player would react again to him.
Dublin will be a different animal in CP,  will be exceptionally difficult for Galway but they will learn a tonne from two games against them, you can't help but be impressed by their ability, calmness and cynicism when required, they are a great team undoubtedly even with a very much second team out there today.

GaillimhIarthair

Absolutely - it's just a pity that he wasn't lifted into the stand during that initial flare up on the sideline - the linesman on that side missed so much in the second half.  Joe let a lot go in fairness I suppose. Fair play to the lads for engineering that late equalizer, it was the least we deserved.

seafoid

Birds of Ireland.
Number 145

Name : Red breasted Mickeybird
Habitat : GAAboard
Life cycle : Active January to August, afterwards radio silence
This year: Following a regular January the bird disappeared from the radar during the month of February
Explanations : Scientists are mystified but suspect a previously unknown mating ritual. Or else an unexpected attack by the Mushroombird. 
The red-breasted Mickeybird has recently resumed singing.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

longballin

Quote from: seafoid on March 18, 2018, 06:36:31 PM
Birds of Ireland.
Number 145

This year: Following a regular January the bird disappeared from the radar during the month of February
Explanations : Scientists are mystified but suspect a previously unknown mating ritual. Or else an unexpected attack by the Mushroombird. 

wtf is that about?  :o

trueblue1234

Quote from: longballin on March 18, 2018, 06:43:57 PM
Birds of Ireland.
Number 145

Seafoid's "humour"

Has a bee in his bonnet about Tyrone. Today did not go as planned for him.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

longballin

Quote from: trueblue1234 on March 18, 2018, 06:49:54 PM
Quote from: longballin on March 18, 2018, 06:43:57 PM
Birds of Ireland.
Number 145

Seafoid's "humour"

Has a bee in his bonnet about Tyrone. Today did not go as planned for him.

I guessed it was about Mickey Harte but can't make head or tail of it  :-\