Down Club Hurling & Football

Started by Lecale2, November 10, 2006, 12:06:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nanderson

Name the club then if you are already prepared to spread idle gossip on the matter

wobbller

Quote from: Nanderson on May 17, 2020, 01:34:15 PM
Name the club then if you are already prepared to spread idle gossip on the matter
If I had wanted to name the Clubs I would have done so 3 or 4 posts ago.Paid help justifying their outrageous weekly wages.

Lotto

Quote from: wobbller on May 17, 2020, 01:39:01 PM
If I had wanted to name the Clubs I would have done so 3 or 4 posts ago.Paid help justifying their outrageous weekly wages.

It's common knowledge that the clubs in question were caught training at Milltown and Derryleckagh.

wobbller

Quote from: Lotto on May 17, 2020, 03:50:14 PM

It's common knowledge that the clubs in question were caught training at Milltown and Derryleckagh.
Not that common in that I didn't know the grounds so all we need now is the Clubs concerned and then look forward to our Sunday Dinner.

CornUladh02

I would find it extraordinary and very hard to believe that clubs had full training sessions at council venues during lockdown.

supersub

Quote from: wobbller on May 17, 2020, 04:35:21 PM

Not that common in that I didn't know the grounds so all we need now is the Clubs concerned and then look forward to our Sunday Dinner.

Your initial post was very assertive and sure footed. Like a kid  who couldn't wait to tell their mate in the school yard a rumour overheard in the youth club. Without taking into consideration what you were saying may affect other persons incorrectly if you don't clarify what the f**k you are talking about. This is why people want to know the clubs in question. You have since backtracked as you realise you had little founding to go in so deep initially.

In any case, for the sake of clarity and the integrity of St Bronagh's GAA Rostrevor, closely aligned with Carlingford Lough as most know and may lead them to believe our club was involved. They weren't. I don't know who was, and it certainly isn't common knowledge, but it certainly was not Rostrevor.

thewobbler

Quote from: CornUladh02 on May 17, 2020, 11:28:15 PM

I would find it extraordinary and very hard to believe that clubs had full training sessions at council venues during lockdown.

That's because it didn't happen.

One place you're not going to train is on a field that is just far enough away from a public road to not be able to stop someone taking photos, but just close enough to a public road for any modern camera to identify faces.

Anyway other wobller the problem here isn't that the GAABoard is mighty, or important or even influential. But there's someone in every club in our county has read this thread now, and has subsequently circulated the question around their own club. And people will stress and promote paranoia as a result.

So it's a Chinese whisper.

Maybe that's what you wanted, to entertain yourself.

But it's shitty behaviour imho.

wobbller

Quote from: thewobbler on May 17, 2020, 11:36:49 PM

One place you're not going to train is on a field that is just far enough away from a public road to not be able to stop someone taking photos, but just close enough to a public road for any modern camera to identify faces.

Anyway other wobller the problem here isn't that the GAABoard is mighty, or important or even influential. But there's someone in every club in our county has read this thread now, and has subsequently circulated the question around their own club. And people will stress and promote paranoia as a result.

Lotto has the answers

wobbller

thewobbler,Are you saying people in your Club(maybe yourself) would circulate a so-called Chinese whisper around the members which would then promote paranoia?

thewobbler

No I'm saying that's what you're doing.

Isn't that obvious?

This one is about you mate, not me, not Ballyholland.

Lotto

Quote from: wobbller on May 18, 2020, 08:48:07 AM

Lotto has the answers

Even worse that one of them was apparently pretending to be their local soccer team when asked what they were at.

wobbller

Quote from: Lotto on May 19, 2020, 08:47:24 PM

Lotto has the answers

Even worse that one of them was apparently pretending to be their local soccer team when asked what they were at.
Ah go on Lotto—put them all out of their misery.

SamFever

Can we move on? This is worse than a Zoom Quiz
among children.

Lotto

Quote from: wobbller on May 19, 2020, 10:49:17 PM

Lotto has the answers

It is interesting that one of the clubs has kept their walking route around their pitches open which I believe is in contradiction of the Croke Park directive.

SamFever

Quote from: Lotto on May 22, 2020, 07:31:51 PM
Quote from: wobbller on May 19, 2020, 10:49:17 PM

Lotto has the answers

It is interesting that one of the clubs has kept their walking route around their pitches open which I believe is in contradiction of the Croke Park directive.
Lotto,You are holding onto a lot of info.