O'Rourke advocates Burmese style suppression of freedom of speech in the GAA

Started by Cosmo Kramer, April 04, 2010, 10:30:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

pintsofguinness

Quote from: Main Street on April 05, 2010, 12:54:28 PM
Maybe I am reading to much into it but i found that GAA man comment to be slightly nauseating.

To me it read as if you are a good GAAman, that puts you above adverse comment.
That adverse comment is coming from b**tards.
And being a good GAA man means that you should not be regulated like those non GAA folk.
If you find that nauseating you may get a bucket before looking at Fermanagh county board's statement.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Main Street

Quote from: pintsofguinness on April 05, 2010, 01:03:39 PM
Quote from: Main Street on April 05, 2010, 12:54:28 PM
Maybe I am reading to much into it but i found that GAA man comment to be slightly nauseating.

To me it read as if you are a good GAAman, that puts you above adverse comment.
That adverse comment is coming from b**tards.
And being a good GAA man means that you should not be regulated like those non GAA folk.
If you find that nauseating you may get a bucket before looking at Fermanagh county board's statement.

slightly nauseating :)

There are degrees.

magpie seanie

O'Rourke is just frustrated he can't say what he likes all the time but anonymous posters on internet forums can. Again though - he gets paid for what he says so not like with like.

Secondly - we all know many GAA journos use internet forums whether browsing or otherwise so if they're all up for honesty etc maybe they should admit that first. Like the few famous stories that were nicked off here down the years.

As for myself - very few people in Sligo don't know who I am. In fact all the Sligo posters are easily identifiable. Not sure with other counties how easy/hard it is to identify folk but I can't imagine it would be that difficult. There's not really a lot of anonymity in it to be honest.

Edit - Read that back and it sounded incredibly arrogant. What I mean is that anyone from Sligo who is in GAA circles and reads this board can easily find out who I am.

I think the comment about Seán Quinn was ill advised and pointless.

pintsofguinness

already on the quinn thread typ but as I said on there, embarrassing.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

Main Street

Hardy

passedit

Any sign of Spartacus yet?

This is the land of the nod and the wink. Anything that sheds light to the great unwashed will be frowned upon. Knowledge is power.
Don't Panic

muppet

MWWSI 2017

Main Street

bennydorano

I've written this before but I think we should implement a similar system to our beloved OWC friends, who have to pay for the right to post there.  It mightn't cut down on the vitriol some spout but it would defientely dissuade a few maggots from joining in the first place.  A form of registration could be done fairly easily I'd imagine(if someone could be arsed doing it).

illdecide

I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

Already been stated that O'Rourke's unrealistic and unworkable proposals for vetting can be dismissed. He actually does not even understand the problem never mind his solution proposals plucked from God knows where.

on the OWC patronage type solution.
The OWC is obviously a forum to serve OWC supporters, the forum policy that appears to work, to their satisfaction on the comparable (to here) general football forum, is active interfering moderating not any restricted patronage access for sale policy.
The standard reached "to their satisfaction" does not preclude the usual % of idiotic comment that you might get here.

Rufus T Firefly

Quote from: bennydorano on April 06, 2010, 04:23:49 PM
I dont know how you find Ealing Green a good debater either btw, could bore you to death so that you give up the will to continue engaging from what I remember of him.

I wonder does he post under another handle here?   ::)