American Sports Thread

Started by magickingdom, October 28, 2007, 06:02:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gabriel_Hurl

Brady has seen how terrible the NFC looks in 2022 and decided to give it another go.

gallsman

Quote from: gallsman on January 29, 2022, 07:41:54 PM
I'll believe it when he's not there WK1 in September.

Inevitable.

gawa316

NBA playoffs heating up nicely.

Booker out for the Sun's kinda levels the playing field. Seems wide open right now. Warriors have Curry, Thompson, and Poole going off but Memphis and Morant should not be dismissed. Jazz have a well rounded team but yet find themselves 2-1 down to the Mac's with no Doncic

The East is wide open...Nets 2 down, Milwaukee have Middleton out, Heat looking good but the 6ers have Embid and Harden

Most open I can remember (in my 8 year experience).

Capt Pat

The NFL draft is on tonight. Who will go number 1? The favourite to go number one is Walker the defensive end from Georgia. Not my choice.

Gmac

Jack del rio fined 100k for not having the correct opinion about 2020 summer riots , he will end up fired
Warriors in a spot of bother I think in nba finals, not sure they have the energy to match Boston

Muck Savage

Quote from: Gmac on June 10, 2022, 11:23:00 PM
Jack del rio fined 100k for not having the correct opinion about 2020 summer riots , he will end up fired
Warriors in a spot of bother I think in nba finals, not sure they have the energy to match Boston

Steph had the energy!

gawa316

That was a must win. Celtics have been relentless scoring 3 after 3 in massive times  in the game. I can only see this going to 7

Gmac

Quote from: Muck Savage on June 11, 2022, 05:06:13 AM

Steph had the energy!
steph was unbelievable the last game best I ever saw him play , looking forward to tonight hopefully he plays like that again.

gawa316

Quote from: Gmac on June 13, 2022, 11:57:18 PM

Steph had the energy!
steph was unbelievable the last game best I ever saw him play , looking forward to tonight hopefully he plays like that again.

This season has been a slog for Steph, well, especially the second half. Think the 3 point record kinda knocked him off his stride and then found it hard to recover but the other night he was back to his best. Need Thompson to have some sort of game near is average. Plus Green was on some funk the other night...never imagined him being pulled in the stretch.

Don't think I watched a Boston game all season but have been very impressed by them...apart from the 4th the other night I've never seen a team (well maybe the warriors a few tears back) who can hit 3 and after 3 which would absolutely knock the stuffing out of you

straightred

Quote from: gawa316 on June 14, 2022, 12:20:13 AM
Quote from: Gmac on June 13, 2022, 11:57:18 PM

Steph had the energy!

This season has been a slog for Steph, well, especially the second half. Think the 3 point record kinda knocked him off his stride and then found it hard to recover but the other night he was back to his best. Need Thompson to have some sort of game near is average. Plus Green was on some funk the other night...never imagined him being pulled in the stretch.

Don't think I watched a Boston game all season but have been very impressed by them...apart from the 4th the other night I've never seen a team (well maybe the warriors a few tears back) who can hit 3 and after 3 which would absolutely knock the stuffing out of you
Steph is a legend and I really hope he can get another ring. If he does he's a stick on for finals MVP was well. He's never won that.

Celtics were lucky enough to get past the Heat. Heat had a thin squad and the injuries killed them. Basketball is 5 a side so key injuries can really kill you. Having said that even if they don't win this year they'll be around for a few years - that's a young squad.

gawa316

Wiggin's comes good (again) for the Warriors, with Curry having an off night...0-9 on 3's. Poole's buzzer beater at the end of the 3rd was massive...One more win

Gmac

Quote from: gawa316 on June 14, 2022, 03:25:07 PM
Wiggin's comes good (again) for the Warriors, with Curry having an off night...0-9 on 3's. Poole's buzzer beater at the end of the 3rd was massive...One more win
superb from Wiggins, hoping for a game 7 to round off a nice Father's Day US open golf followed by game 7 and a win for the warriors , maybe a beer or 2 .

gawa316

Quote from: Gmac on June 14, 2022, 03:47:22 PM
Quote from: gawa316 on June 14, 2022, 03:25:07 PM
superb from Wiggins, hoping for a game 7 to round off a nice Father's Day US open golf followed by game 7 and a win for the warriors , maybe a beer or 2 .

I'll take it in 6 but that sounds like a very pleasant Sunday!

Muck Savage

The Dubs!

4 of 8, 6 finals in 8 years. Worst team in the league 2 years ago. Delighted for Klay but I would look to offload him in order to keep Wiggins, without Wiggins they dont win this one.