Tea

Started by Eamonnca1, May 02, 2022, 12:27:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Milltown Row2

At wakes I tend to make my own tea, and finger touch the biscuits just in case they are soft... nothing worse than lovely cuppa and bite into a soft biscuit
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Tubberman

Quote from: The Subbie on May 06, 2022, 04:05:09 PM
Does the colour of the inside of the cup determine your enjoyment of a cup of tay ?
I cannot handle & now won't accept a cup of tay with a dark colour inside the cup
The inside of the cup has to be white/ light coloured

This allows me to get the milk addition just right
I find a dark coloured mug badly affects the correct milk addition to the tay

Each to their own but I wouldn't have a dark coloured internal cup or mug about the house

100% correct and right!
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

Eamonnca1

Quote from: The Subbie on May 06, 2022, 09:55:13 PM
Quote from: ONeill on May 06, 2022, 06:52:19 PM
Always liked tea best at wakes. Tea at a wedding or a celebration is too tame.

Wake tay is a tricky one
Proddy wakes are a nervous affair for me when it comes to tay
Violet and Primrose usually don't appreciate an uppity taig like me coming into the scullery at the wake ( usually a neighbours ) giving them instructions on how to make tay the taigy way and not be miserable with the tay ( usually tetleys or nambarrie) and to let it f**king draw
It can sometimes defeat the purpose of going to the wake in the first place
Violet & Primrose can sometimes take a lot of educating about tay & that reusing tay bags , whilst frugal & yes aligns with the strict Calvinist way you were reared just isn't civilised
Let the tay f**king draw

Our own wakes can be equally nervous affairs
If you take a wee look into the kitchen & you see & know the people in the kitchen making the tay & you are comfortable with & have prior experience of their tay then it's ok , but still necessary to watch the next tay pot being poured
You might have to tell them
" ah leave me to the end of that pot" but that would usually be it
When You say that  at at a wake you do see the other tay connoisseurs look at you knowingly in kinship

You can't relax however at a wake
You can be badly caught if an Aunty from Dublin or God forbid England has landed & is trying to do her bit and help in the kitchen ( obviously a married in one , locals should be more than capable  for tay duty )
Allowing unqualified people near the tay at a wake could turn a wake into a very sad affair indeed

;D

Quality!

Gmac

A nice cup of tea after Sunday mass can't be beaten .

rosnarun

on one of our first dates i bought the woman a dulux color sample sheet and pointed out what the color of team  i expected ,
so far after 10 years she still there
Important to get you spake in early
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

trueblue1234

Quote from: rosnarun on May 09, 2022, 02:31:33 PM
on one of our first dates i bought the woman a dulux color sample sheet and pointed out what the color of team  i expected ,
so far after 10 years she still there
Important to get you spake in early

I tried the same. And to be fair the colour is fine now. Once the swelling goes it'll be all good!!

Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

Eamonnca1

Here's another thing I don't understand. The furrowed brow before every sip, as if you're bracing for something painful, followed by the awful slurping sound. Or chomping on the bread for over a minute with the cup poised under the chin, ready for the slurp. What's up with that?

I mean, why drink something that hurts the inside of your mouth because it's so hot? I've tried hot drinks a few times, but I find them physically painful to drink. What am I missing?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 09, 2022, 06:18:23 PM
Here's another thing I don't understand. The furrowed brow before every sip, as if you're bracing for something painful, followed by the awful slurping sound. Or chomping on the bread for over a minute with the cup poised under the chin, ready for the slurp. What's up with that?

I mean, why drink something that hurts the inside of your mouth because it's so hot? I've tried hot drinks a few times, but I find them physically painful to drink. What am I missing?

Apart from the obvious?

Tea is good for the soul, embrace it.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

trueblue1234

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on May 09, 2022, 06:18:23 PM

Milk from the sound of it.
Grammar: the difference between knowing your shit

weareros

Quote from: The Subbie on May 06, 2022, 03:31:56 AM
Quote from: weareros on May 05, 2022, 06:03:16 PM
Quote from: gerrykeegan on May 05, 2022, 05:50:40 PM
Anyone else love using loose tea leaves? Massive difference to the bags. I've a teapot with a filter. I've two different types of tea on the go but I have a Mullingar breakfast tea which is the nicest I've ever tasted. Can't go near coffee anymore.

Old fashioned way for me.
Boil the kettle
Scald the pot
Add the tea leaves
Add the hot water
Let the tea set
Enjoy in a mug

Now we are into a different matter entirely
Let the tea set ??
Concrete "sets" ( it actually cures but that's a different discussion entirely)

You let the tea draw

Yes let it draw but let it set as in let the tea leaves settle before you pour from the teapot. Unless you are into reading the tay leaves as some are wont and like to see a good lot swirling around in the last sup.