You know what really grinds my gears?

Started by corn02, June 02, 2007, 03:41:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lurganblue

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: Niall Quinn on June 10, 2022, 01:28:41 AM
'Health to drive'
Absolutely.
Another one is calling someone who's pregnant "glowing".
Absolute weirdos

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Kidder81 on May 24, 2022, 12:37:33 PM
:-\ The Ulster Scots ad on the radio
What station is it on?

I remember Frank Mitchell ruining some Ulster Scots balloon on the radio about 5 years ago. It was painful.

lurganblue

Quote from: Tony Baloney on June 10, 2022, 01:54:08 PM
Quote from: Kidder81 on May 24, 2022, 12:37:33 PM
:-\ The Ulster Scots ad on the radio
What station is it on?

I remember Frank Mitchell ruining some Ulster Scots balloon on the radio about 5 years ago. It was painful.

U105 i think i've heard it on.  Ulster scots ad that i can completely understand, not a bother. I will have to add that skill to my CV.

JoG2

Let a woman in in front of me in the shop there (only 1 till) . I was standing holding a single item. She takes out her lotto book, jammed packed with scratch cards etc, took 20+ mins.

general_lee

Quote from: JoG2 on June 23, 2022, 09:25:39 PM
Let a woman in in front of me in the shop there (only 1 till) . I was standing holding a single item. She takes out her lotto book, jammed packed with scratch cards etc, took 20+ mins.
Not to be a sexist pig but women are ducking shocking for faffing around at tills, atms, self service tills, petrol stations (parking at pumps when not getting fuel) etc

quit yo jibbajabba

Holdin doors open for the slegs and they dont say thanks. Oul wemen are worse. Gona punch wan in the back of the heed some day.

*not all wemen of course Rois et al 😉

Eamonnca1

If I was holding one item I wouldn't be letting anybody in in front of me. In fact I seldom let anyone in front of me no matter how much I have or how little they have. I've been waiting longer than them and I have a family to get home to where there's always something needed done. I just keep my eyes in front and never look back or let on to myself that I know they're only holding a handful of items.

I once got stuck behind an eternal transaction in a supermarket once when they were dicking around with coupons. Took about five minutes to pay for everything after it was scanned, but they saved a decent amount of money. I'm glad I wasn't in a hurry.

I prefer the shops where they have a bank-style queue management system and you go to the next cashier that's available. I don't know why they never brought it in for supermarkets, maybe they think it'd take up too much room or something, but sure they could make a packet lining the queue route with impulse buys like sweets and minerals and magazines and what have you.

ONeill

You need out of an awkward junction.

I've analysed it over 15 years and only 3% of female drivers will let you out. They're ruthless. 27% of male drivers will.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: ONeill on June 23, 2022, 10:29:39 PM
You need out of an awkward junction.

I've analysed it over 15 years and only 3% of female drivers will let you out. They're ruthless. 27% of male drivers will.

3% is very high
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ONeill

They're friendlier in South Antrim.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JoG2

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on June 23, 2022, 10:18:06 PM
If I was holding one item I wouldn't be letting anybody in in front of me. In fact I seldom let anyone in front of me no matter how much I have or how little they have. I've been waiting longer than them and I have a family to get home to where there's always something needed done. I just keep my eyes in front and never look back or let on to myself that I know they're only holding a handful of items.

I once got stuck behind an eternal transaction in a supermarket once when they were dicking around with coupons. Took about five minutes to pay for everything after it was scanned, but they saved a decent amount of money. I'm glad I wasn't in a hurry.

I prefer the shops where they have a bank-style queue management system and you go to the next cashier that's available. I don't know why they never brought it in for supermarkets, maybe they think it'd take up too much room or something, but sure they could make a packet lining the queue route with impulse buys like sweets and minerals and magazines and what have you.

She was early 60s I'd say, gave me a nice smile as she walked towards me, about to queue up behind me + she didn't have anything in her hands, just that fecking big handbag which held the lotto folder!  ;D

Turf

Quote from: general_lee on June 23, 2022, 09:28:53 PM
Quote from: JoG2 on June 23, 2022, 09:25:39 PM
Not to be a sexist pig but women are ducking shocking for faffing around at tills, atms, self service tills, petrol stations (parking at pumps when not getting fuel) etc
They stand for 20 mins in a queue but only start searching for their bank card/ money etc once they get to the till  ::)

Keyser soze

Worse in a bar where a group of 6 wimmin order and pay for their drinks separately  :-[