6 County Assembly Elections - 5th May 2022

Started by Snapchap, February 23, 2022, 10:18:43 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

imtommygunn

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 13, 2022, 08:07:29 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 13, 2022, 07:57:40 AM
Quote from: theskull1 on May 13, 2022, 06:30:21 AM
Not long I fear before the "bomb and the bullet" card gets played by unionism so as to force the EUs hand. The UK government will be happy to have the leverage

Apparently poots said on Nolan - it's either the protocol or the peace process.
What are they going to do? Attack innocent unarmed Catholics/foreigners?

Your guess is as good as mine but the Holy Cross thing and Coveney threat wasn't a good start.

The brits love this. It's a stick for them to beat the EU with.

Armagh18

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 13, 2022, 08:32:39 AM
Not long I fear before the "bomb and the bullet" card gets played by unionism so as to force the EUs hand. The UK government will be happy to have the leverage

Your guess is as good as mine but the Holy Cross thing and Coveney threat wasn't a good start.

That's my only fear tbh. History shows hows how dangerous the c***ts can be with the Brits backing and arming them. You'd like to think it would never go back to that but would you honestly put anything past the Tories?

Eire90

was the coveny thing organised or a lone nut i suppose if you enough lone  nuts it can cause chaos

imtommygunn

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 13, 2022, 08:45:23 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 13, 2022, 08:32:39 AM

That's my only fear tbh. History shows hows how dangerous the c***ts can be with the Brits backing and arming them. You'd like to think it would never go back to that but would you honestly put anything past the Tories?

It's a bit like the pandemic really - peasants are disposable. May have been a lone nut. The DUP and various other loyalist wing nuts are whipping up a frenzy though.

(I don't think there will be anything particularly much tbh but I do think that neither the DUP or the tories would really care if there was.)

Milltown Row2

Let them riot and burn down their own areas and stop their own bus services. The fight isn't with catholics, its with the British government that brought in the protocol, any deviation away from that should be pulled by the media and questions by those encouraging it and those running it

Oh and its handy that its coming into marching season too :D
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

It's been portrayed as being with the EU and Irish government though.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on May 13, 2022, 09:07:02 AM

Again this should be pulled up on, Boris should be at the top of the bonfire this year but no doubt that will be saved for the first minister of NI lol!
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Armagh18

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 13, 2022, 09:05:41 AM
Let them riot and burn down their own areas and stop their own bus services. The fight isn't with catholics, its with the British government that brought in the protocol, any deviation away from that should be pulled by the media and questions by those encouraging it and those running it

I'm sure they'll find some way to blame the Catholics.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Armagh18 on May 13, 2022, 09:10:58 AM

If the media allow it, and at the end of the day they are controlled by in large by the government to a degree, they could spin it that way..

While it was great to see Alliance do well it would have served the Nationalists voters better had more nationalist/republican MLA's been voted in but both sets SF/SDLP have no real love for each other, which is strange because at the core of their political views is a UI...

imtommygunn

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 13, 2022, 09:09:19 AM
Quote from: imtommygunn on May 13, 2022, 09:07:02 AM

Again this should be pulled up on, Boris should be at the top of the bonfire this year but no doubt that will be saved for the first minister of NI lol!

Pulled up by who? No one pulls Johnson on anything - sure he says and does what he likes and then Starmer gets made the villain.

johnnycool

As pointed out by the NI Twitterati the UK Attorney General last night on Question Time slipped in that the Protocol was causing GB businesses to look at basing in NI.

Not a good thing for the Torys I'd have thought..

Main Street

Quote from: Farrandeelin on May 13, 2022, 07:07:43 AM
Quote from: Eire90 on May 13, 2022, 06:34:56 AM
A Queen's University professor has suggested that Britain may try to claim back the entire island of Ireland in the event of Sinn Féin leading government in both Belfast and Dublin.

In an opinion piece published by  RTE, Prof Cathal McCall, who teaches European politics and borders at Queen's, said some Tories still believe Ireland "belongs to Britain".

"After all, it was Britain's 100 [years] ago and it still holds a part of it, so why not all of it?", he added.

The author of the book Border Ireland: From Partition To Brexit, Prof McCall said opinion polls suggest "Sinn Féin will also be the unassailable victor in the next Irish general election", due to take place in 2025.

"A Sinn Féin taoiseach is in the offing for the first time in the history of the state," he said.

"What would be the British government's attitude to Sinn Féin's electoral dominance on the island of Ireland should it materialise?"

Prof McCall said that Britain could "respect the democratic decisions taken, north and south, and pledge to advance British-Irish intergovernmental cooperation with the Irish republican interlopers".

That shower of f**kers in RTÉ's wet dream.
RTÉ??
That nutcase is hired by Queens University as a professor of History, one that contemplates a scenario where Britain would wage a war against an EU member, a country they don't really give a shít about. The professor's need for attention has overwhelmed him.

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 13, 2022, 09:26:18 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on May 13, 2022, 09:10:58 AM

If the media allow it, and at the end of the day they are controlled by in large by the government to a degree, they could spin it that way..

While it was great to see Alliance do well it would have served the Nationalists voters better had more nationalist/republican MLA's been voted in but both sets SF/SDLP have no real love for each other, which is strange because at the core of their political views is a UI...

Been saying that a long time, the nastiness against fellow nationalists(both ways) baffles me. SF pushed Allliance over SDLP to get full control over nationalist community, difficult times ahead now for Alliance I think

Fear Bun Na Sceilpe

Quote from: Main Street on May 13, 2022, 11:09:01 AM
A Queen's University professor has suggested that Britain may try to claim back the entire island of Ireland in the event of Sinn Féin leading government in both Belfast and Dublin.

In an opinion piece published by  RTE, Prof Cathal McCall, who teaches European politics and borders at Queen's, said some Tories still believe Ireland "belongs to Britain".

"After all, it was Britain's 100 [years] ago and it still holds a part of it, so why not all of it?", he added.

The author of the book Border Ireland: From Partition To Brexit, Prof McCall said opinion polls suggest "Sinn Féin will also be the unassailable victor in the next Irish general election", due to take place in 2025.

"A Sinn Féin taoiseach is in the offing for the first time in the history of the state," he said.

"What would be the British government's attitude to Sinn Féin's electoral dominance on the island of Ireland should it materialise?"

Prof McCall said that Britain could "respect the democratic decisions taken, north and south, and pledge to advance British-Irish intergovernmental cooperation with the Irish republican interlopers".

RTÉ??
That nutcase is hired by Queens University as a professor of History, one that contemplates a scenario where Britain would wage a war against an EU member, a country they don't really give a shít about. The professor's need for attention has overwhelmed him.

Its SF facism-dont worry about it.

Shout loud enough and often enough and the sheep will listen

tonto1888

Quote from: Fear Bun Na Sceilpe on May 13, 2022, 11:11:40 AM
Quote from: Main Street on May 13, 2022, 11:09:01 AM

RTÉ??

Its SF facism-dont worry about it.

Shout loud enough and often enough and the sheep will listen

A tactic you are fond of yourself when it comes to SF