Motorsport Thread

Started by GiveItToTheShooters, June 19, 2019, 01:55:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GJL

So 40 odd arrests out of 70k-80K people who come into the county for the full weekend is considered a problem?

oakleaflad

Quote from: markl121 on June 25, 2019, 07:19:27 AM
I was about letterkenny the whole weekend working and the problem seemed to be that half the ones who go to the rally don't actually go to the rally, they go to letterkenny in their modified cars and drive about doing laps. Gets worse at night then because the diffing starts on the quieter roads and then the drinking.
This. The Rally itself is well organized and has a good crowd at it. Whilst the overwhelming majority are sitting enjoying the rally in Portsalon or the like there are some idiots who drive about Letterkenny (not near the rally) in their modified cars, add in the drink/drugs element at night and this is where the arrests usually take place.

GJL

Quote from: oakleaflad on June 25, 2019, 10:49:26 AM
Quote from: markl121 on June 25, 2019, 07:19:27 AM
I was about letterkenny the whole weekend working and the problem seemed to be that half the ones who go to the rally don't actually go to the rally, they go to letterkenny in their modified cars and drive about doing laps. Gets worse at night then because the diffing starts on the quieter roads and then the drinking.
This. The Rally itself is well organized and has a good crowd at it. Whilst the overwhelming majority are sitting enjoying the rally in Portsalon or the like there are some idiots who drive about Letterkenny (not near the rally) in their modified cars, add in the drink/drugs element at night and this is where the arrests usually take place.

Totally agree. The genuine rally fans are not the problem. I have been to the rally in excess of 20 times. I've competed in it as well. It is a fantastic event run by a brilliant motor club. Unfortunately there is a bad element that has latched on to the weekend but have no interest in the stages. Id love to see the Garda bring in a mobile car crusher and bale any cars that are not legal...

GJL

Fantastic end to the F1 season. Delighted for Max Verstappen. Deserving winner and a new Champion from a different team is just what the sport needed. Exciting and exhilarating stuff.

GiveItToTheShooters

Quote from: GJL on December 12, 2021, 03:28:34 PM
Fantastic end to the F1 season. Delighted for Max Verstappen. Deserving winner and a new Champion from a different team is just what the sport needed. Exciting and exhilarating stuff.
Completely agree.
Just saw Mercedes have launched some sort of complaints. Not sure what they can do about it now

bennydorano

Watching the Cookstown 100. Main race - what's the rules? Why did front 4 starters appear to get a 5 or 10 second start over the next cohort?

mouview

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

thebar

Very Sad that man was competing at the highest level so sad..RIP Craig.