Investments

Started by illdecide, December 11, 2017, 03:47:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

screenexile

I do think we're heading for a downturn next year so might try and save a bit to invest in the dip next year at some stage.

Eamonnca1

I've been watching Warren Buffet interviews on YouTube. Plenty of good advice in there. He likes companies that are undervalued, and he invests in them for the long haul rather than going for a quick killing. He stays away from businesses he doesn't understand, which I think is wise. He doesn't touch crypto, he reckons it's another Dutch Tulip mania, and I agree with him. I know there's  people that got rich on the upswing, but it's one of those cases where you only hear about the boys that win, and it could put your smoke out if you get in just before the bubble bursts. Too risky for my liking, even for investing a small sum.

Berkshire Hathaway stock has never been split, so it's up to nearly half a million dollars per share now and it doesn't pay a dividend. This is deliberate to discourage speculation. There is a Berkshire Hathaway B stock that's only $326 per share, but it doesn't pay a dividend either.

If you want dividends, there's an article here about dividend-paying stocks owned by Berkshire, so you might fancy a flutter on some of them.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: screenexile on May 04, 2022, 10:48:50 PM
I do think we're heading for a downturn next year so might try and save a bit to invest in the dip next year at some stage.

Stocks have already been sliding for a while, so I'm starting to get in now.

thedice

How/What do board users use to invest in stocks and shares?

I see revolut metal you are able to trade in New York listed shares?

Milltown Row2

The wife was given a fair number of premium government bonds recently, I remember Martin Lewis saying one time that they  should always keep their value and the odd win you get, will cover what you would lose by putting it into a savings type thing..

Anyone any history of using them or lucky enough to get a win? Only know of a couple of people that have and generally its £25 or a couple of hundred.
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

imtommygunn

I've won 50 quid on them twice.