MOT query

Started by God14, June 12, 2017, 09:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

MOT is only one of the many, many failings in this place. Over 5 years to see a NHS consultant, MOTs, roads full of potholes etc. etc. It's a long list but still the focus is on shite the absolute minority of people are interested in.

Re. the OP I got an MOT reminder letter and was able to book a slot in Craigavon before the due date but nearly everywhere else in the North has no availability for months.

general_lee

My MOT was due in January, had the reminder well before Christmas so had it booked well in advance. Tested positive for covid so missed the test. Booked in again and the next date was this Friday 29th April. As far as I'm aware you can drive with no MOT so long as you have proof of a test being booked.

delgany

Quote from: johnnycool on April 24, 2022, 10:52:33 AM
Quote from: Armagh18 on April 23, 2022, 09:01:39 PM
Quote from: delgany on April 23, 2022, 08:58:50 PM
Quote from: The CCCC on April 23, 2022, 08:43:50 PM
Best job could be to just email them directly and see although I could be waiting a while on a reply.

I got a reminder letter for May 23rd, last week. Just missed a booking for 20th by a whisker! Nearest date , I could get was on 16th July in Craigavon. Spotted some centres were booked up to Sept.
keep checking online, you've always a good chance of a cancellation check everywhere

I'm in the same boat, car MOT up last week and have been booking and checking for weeks now, still the best date I have is the 30th of July....

If you already have a booking, it won't let you re apply

Rois

It will - just go to change booking and see if anything is available that you want to change to. If not, just don't go ahead with it and cancel out of the screen. Did it myself.
Apparently cancellations come on at 10am.

johnnycool

Quote from: delgany on April 24, 2022, 01:08:09 PM
Best job could be to just email them directly and see although I could be waiting a while on a reply.

I got a reminder letter for May 23rd, last week. Just missed a booking for 20th by a whisker! Nearest date , I could get was on 16th July in Craigavon. Spotted some centres were booked up to Sept.
keep checking online, you've always a good chance of a cancellation check everywhere

I'm in the same boat, car MOT up last week and have been booking and checking for weeks now, still the best date I have is the 30th of July....

I was using this;

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/services/change-your-mot-vehicle-test-appointment-online

delgany

Quote from: johnnycool on April 25, 2022, 10:52:19 AM
Quote from: delgany on April 24, 2022, 01:08:09 PM

I was using this;

https://www.nidirect.gov.uk/services/change-your-mot-vehicle-test-appointment-online

Cheers for that , got sorted !