Who can stop Larry Reilly's Cavan Minors?

Started by ONeill, May 25, 2015, 12:37:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

ONeill

It's a bit like Maradona managing Argentina.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

macdanger2

What's the point of rhetorical questions?

BennyHarp

They should really have entered the senior championship.
That was never a square ball!!

Wildweasel74

Itchy

Was mighty seeing Larry running across the sacred turf yesterday. Fine minor team, but let's hope they don't get hyped up too much just for beating a very poor Monaghan team.

ck

I've been involved in schools and colleges football for a good few years now and I would tip Cavan minors for Ulster at very least. It's not an over night success Cavan are doing things well at development stage. They are reaping the rewards now at both schools and minor/U.21 level.
Cavan will be in the shake up come Aug/Sep too IMO

Main Street

Where or when does it all go wrong for Cavan football?

lenny

Quote from: ck on May 25, 2015, 11:24:43 PM
I've been involved in schools and colleges football for a good few years now and I would tip Cavan minors for Ulster at very least. It's not an over night success Cavan are doing things well at development stage. They are reaping the rewards now at both schools and minor/U.21 level.
Cavan will be in the shake up come Aug/Sep too IMO

Donegal too good for them but Cavan should make the final.

ck

Quote from: Main Street on May 26, 2015, 12:54:36 AM

It's simple, Cavan are not producing enough top quality forwards. Your defensive coaching style means that you are producing workers and grafters who can play but you are lacking the free scoring men like the Brogans, O'Donaghue or Michael Murphy. These lads are the difference in good teams becoming top teams. Cavan are a good team and likely to remain so.

I am hearing that your minors have some serious scoring power. I just hope that isn't coached out of them and they become sweepers or half forwards!

DennistheMenace

Cavan Donegal final would be tasty, two quality sides.

mylestheslasher

Quote from: ck on May 26, 2015, 10:02:29 AM

It's simple, Cavan are not producing enough top quality forwards. Your defensive coaching style means that you are producing workers and grafters who can play but you are lacking the free scoring men like the Brogans, O'Donaghue or Michael Murphy. These lads are the difference in good teams becoming top teams. Cavan are a good team and likely to remain so.

I am hearing that your minors have some serious scoring power. I just hope that isn't coached out of them and they become sweepers or half forwards!

I think there is truth in that but you have to remember where this started, we had a senior team that was so poor it nearly went to Div 4 for the first time in our history. We needed to dedicated grafters etc to build a foundation and that has got us to Div 2. Now it is time to expand on this and start producing forwards. We have a few young lads namely Ryan Connolly and Tom Hayes in the U21s, This minor team also looks to have some quality. They are there at the moment but may need a good few years to be up to inter county standard.

Aristo 60

Only Larry Reilly.

Plus he won't tell the like of us how he'll do it, if indeed he intends to do it at all.

Jinxy

There is a classic paradox which poses the question, "What happens when an unstoppable force meets an immovable object?"
The answer is, "9 months later, Larry Reilly is born".
If you were any use you'd be playing.

ck

Main Street

Quote from: ck on May 26, 2015, 10:02:29 AM

Hard to say what's happening to the young forward talent,
Ryan McAnespie is just about the only  Monaghan minor from the 2013  team that has made it through so far, he's the smallish live wire kid with the reddish hair, mostly he had to graft around midfield on sunday and try to carry the ball through the first Cavan wall of flailing arms (and more). He's a rare gem of a player and in ordinary circumstances he would be doing all his damage to the opposition in the final 1/4 of the field.