Birmingham 50.62
Detroit 41.45
Dayton 34.18
Baton Rouge 31.72
New Orleans 30.67
Kansas 29.88
Memphis 29.21

I wonder how rates were in the 60s
probably 95% gang related in these cities.

Ah sure that's ok then.  ::)

Do people in Ireland necessarily care when criminals and other involved in family feuds kill each other?

Loughshore2022

Incels get blamed for most shootings which is discrimination. The media tried to bring incels into the Texas shooting due to his loner status. All the men in prisons are non incel men with many previous girlfriends yet the media call us the dangerous ones? Only one US shooting had incel roots, Isla Vista in 2014. All other shootings were related to mental illness or racism. What America really needs to do is sort out the bullying in their schools but I don't think it can be sorted as it is a part of human nature to bully the weak.

Eamonnca1

Awwww, the poor little snowflake incels.

J70

Are incels  not considered "dangerous" due to the violent misogyny espoused by many on their online forums in addition to several mass murders?

Is incel culture/philosophy something that should be respected?

There are plenty of people who go through dry spells or for whatever reason struggle to get a date or get laid, but they don't retreat into a self-pitying culture of resentment and grievance against the opposite sex.

Unless there is more to the incel state than this?

johnnycool

Quote from: Loughshore2022 on June 07, 2022, 11:09:50 PM
Incels get blamed for most shootings which is discrimination. The media tried to bring incels into the Texas shooting due to his loner status. All the men in prisons are non incel men with many previous girlfriends yet the media call us the dangerous ones? Only one US shooting had incel roots, Isla Vista in 2014. All other shootings were related to mental illness or racism. What America really needs to do is sort out the bullying in their schools but I don't think it can be sorted as it is a part of human nature to bully the weak.

For a neanderthal maybe.

Intelligence and morals are meant to help us override these animal instincts which you evidently are prepared to accept.

LeoMc

Quote from: Loughshore2022 on June 07, 2022, 11:09:50 PM
Where to start with that sentence....

Puckoon

Quote from: Puckoon on August 09, 2019, 04:11:03 PM
Quote from: whitey on August 09, 2019, 04:09:30 PM

I'm all for gun regulation and extremely tight regulation at that. I'm in favor of a gun buyback program. I'm in favor of people needing to take out extra homeowners insurance. I'm in favor of taking away guns from domestic abusers, substance abusers and anyone with a criminal record. I'm in favor of upping the age at which people can buy guns. I'm in favor of banning high capacity magazines. I'm in favor abolishing open carry laws. I'm in favor of restricting the storage and use of assault weapons to secure shooting ranges. I'm in favor of background checks that include a trip to the proctologist

What I'm not of favor of is an overblown knee jerk reaction to ban assault weapons that  provides some great talking points to CNN but will prevent less than 1% of gun deaths

Why?

Still?

J70

Quote from: Puckoon on June 08, 2022, 10:43:17 PM

I'm all for gun regulation and extremely tight regulation at that. I'm in favor of a gun buyback program. I'm in favor of people needing to take out extra homeowners insurance. I'm in favor of taking away guns from domestic abusers, substance abusers and anyone with a criminal record. I'm in favor of upping the age at which people can buy guns. I'm in favor of banning high capacity magazines. I'm in favor abolishing open carry laws. I'm in favor of restricting the storage and use of assault weapons to secure shooting ranges. I'm in favor of background checks that include a trip to the proctologist

What I'm not of favor of is an overblown knee jerk reaction to ban assault weapons that  provides some great talking points to CNN but will prevent less than 1% of gun deaths

Why?

Still?

1% of gun deaths is still 400 people per year. I'm sure there are many more injured.

Assault weapons should absolutely be banned. There is no reason someone should have one except if its needed for their work.

And just about all of those very reasonable things whitey said he supports are completely anathema to the American right. Good luck competing in a Republican primary with any of that on your platform.

whitey

Why?

Still?

There are millions of law abiding citizens who own these guns who have extensive firearms training either through their gun clubs or the military. Why should their constitutional rights be infringed upon because of the actions of a handful of madmen?

Also please note what I said-"I'm in favor of restricting the storage and use of assault weapons to secure shooting ranges."

So you can't have one at your house and you can't have one in your car (if I had my way)

Armagh18

Quote from: whitey on June 09, 2022, 03:32:34 PM

Why?

Still?

There are millions of law abiding citizens who own these guns who have extensive firearms training either through their gun clubs or the military. Why should their constitutional rights be infringed upon because of the actions of a handful of madmen?

Also please note what I said-"I'm in favor of restricting the storage and use of assault weapons to secure shooting ranges."

So you can't have one at your house and you can't have one in your car (if I had my way)
Reasonable enough. I don't think anyone is really arguing against that!

general_lee

What is the need to own or use an assault rifle?

Gabriel_Hurl

Killing prairie dogs and raccoons

Gmac

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 09, 2022, 08:35:31 PM
Killing prairie dogs and raccoons

do you think the US should be more like Canada where Castro jr just makes up whatever laws he wants
That's why Americans will never part with any guns .

tonto1888

Quote from: general_lee on June 09, 2022, 08:29:43 PM

there is none

whitey

Quote from: tonto1888 on June 10, 2022, 04:08:14 PM
Quote from: general_lee on June 09, 2022, 08:29:43 PM

there is none

Actually there is

The rationale that "some" of these gun owners have is that they need to have the same fire power as (a) criminals and (b) law enforcement. In the event that a tyrant takes over the country they need to be able to fight fire with fire

Now whether you think that's a bunch of mullarkey or not, is besides the point. That's where the right to bear arms comes into play