1-1 should be enough for the league?

JPGJOHNNYG

Sigh of relief. That Joe Hart save was vital

The Subbie

Quote from: Itchy on May 01, 2022, 01:49:43 PM
Can't defend and no steel in midfield. Lucky  if  they get a draw here
Yeah defence looks suspect without juranovic and badly miss a midfield enforcer
Last 15 mins of first half was a purple patch but 2nd half was woeful

Brother Beaton was as benign as he could be to the zombies but didn't hit the heights that brother madden did -he'll have questions to answer in the lodge later no doubt

bennydorano

Jesus, hanging on for dear life at the end there. It all seems to go to pieces when real pressure is exerted, which was painfully exposed in Europe. Still, we were cruising at 1-0 with a host of missed chances in the first.

Should be league won anyway and the management thinking of next year's  CL. While McGregor was excellent again today another central midfielder is essential. You'd still like to see 2 or 3 quality signings in addition to making the loan deals for Carter Vickers & Jota permanent.

Main Street

The adage, game of two halves applies, could've won could've lost. Maeda missed two gilt edged chances as did Rangers.
Rangers had to go for it and went down fighting to the end.
McGregor needs an enforcer anchor at CM, Bitton wasn't fit enough to play in that game.

illdecide

Maeda should have scores at least two, one will disappoint when he looks back as he seen McGregor coming and pulled out of the header thinking he was going to get clattered. Sevco had two great chances to score in second half too so maybe a draw was fair enough but it's always the team who finishes the stronger that you remember being on top.

The word on the street is Jota is going back to Benfica for another chance with them so doesn't look like he's gonna sign. CCV deal is looking stronger but there s few clubs sniffing around him too. Juranovic was a big miss today but when you look at the players they'd missing we can't complain. Hatate doesn't rock my boat TBH and O'Reilly and or Rogic are far too inconsistent for my liking. Celtic need for 4-5 good first team signings in the summer (at least) and not squad players but players who are going to compete for a place and are better what we have. Maeda is a great runner but without the engine he'd be very ordinary TBH, no real end product and certainly wouldn't have the silky skills of Jota but I suppose if he did he'd be a £50m player...lol.

Anyway league is won and i can't wait for the last game of the season v Motherwell as i'm going to that...HH
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

It's official, 

due to sanctions against Russia and Russian clubs,
An updated qualifying process for the Champions League has been published, which shows benefits for Scottish teams.
The Premiership champions will go directly into the competition's group stages, while the second-placed side will now go into the third round of qualifying rather than the second.

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/61301238

bennydorano

Happy days.

Was hoping to take my lads to a European night before Christmas. Been a long time from I was at CP, how big a nightmare would it be trying to get 3 tickets (v the least glamorous team)?

illdecide

Quote from: bennydorano on May 02, 2022, 07:15:43 PM
Happy days.

Was hoping to take my lads to a European night before Christmas. Been a long time from I was at CP, how big a nightmare would it be trying to get 3 tickets (v the least glamorous team)?

Benny i refused a second cycling Holiday trip this Sept/Oct knowing a CL game abroad was coming down the tracks. A wee 3 nighter in Spain/France/Germany etc is on my list for sure.
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

uimhr ocht

Spare season book jock stein upper available for last two games due to lad doing exams,would need season book back though anyone interested pm thx

bennydorano

Reported in the Irish News today that Jota has told Benfica he wants to stay in Glasgow, Celtic have the option to buy for £6.5m.

Plus, in News sure to enrage Angelo, Mark Lawwell (son of the devil Peter) joins as Head of 1st team scouting & recruitment. Wouldn't have been aware of his track record tbh, but looks pretty impressive and Ange has worked with him before.

toby47

Bournemouth promoted to the Premier League last night.

Celtic scoop another 2million for Ryan Christie due to a clause in the contract.

The Subbie

Quote from: toby47 on May 04, 2022, 11:41:53 AM
Bournemouth promoted to the Premier League last night.

Celtic scoop another 2million for Ryan Christie due to a clause in the contract.

Put that straight towards the Jota deal and that's a savage bit of business

Main Street

Quote from: bennydorano on May 04, 2022, 10:24:14 AM
Reported in the Irish News today that Jota has told Benfica he wants to stay in Glasgow, Celtic have the option to buy for £6.5m.

Plus, in News sure to enrage Angelo, Mark Lawwell (son of the devil Peter) joins as Head of 1st team scouting & recruitment. Wouldn't have been aware of his track record tbh, but looks pretty impressive and Ange has worked with him before.
I don't know about Mark the son of Peter, but totally positive about the prospect of Jota signing on the dotted line.

clarshack

Poor 2nd half but champions again and that's all that matters.