European Leagues.

Started by laoislad, August 11, 2012, 10:19:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tones

Quote from: Brendan on April 18, 2024, 10:19:53 PMHistory won't look back on Klopps tenure as well as it should as the number of trophies is going to be dwarved by City which is a real shame

Akin to Dublin v any other county. Who really will give a shite?

AustinPowers

Villa keeper Martinez was booked  in the  shootout , after having  been booked in the match

But the first yellow didnt carry over  into the shootout , so he continued to face penalties . Very strange rule

What if he was  booked a second time in the shootout? Would  the sub goalie come in? But what  if all the subs had been used up?

armaghniac

Airline and ferry tickets from Liverpool to Dublin on 23-24 May now available.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

north_antrim_hound

Quote from: Tones on April 18, 2024, 10:24:44 PM
Quote from: Brendan on April 18, 2024, 10:19:53 PMHistory won't look back on Klopps tenure as well as it should as the number of trophies is going to be dwarved by City which is a real shame

Akin to Dublin v any other county. Who really will give a shite?

In fairness city fans wouldn't fill hill 16
There's a man with a mullet going mad with a mallet in Millets

Milltown Row2

It's went from a double decker to a people carrier very quickly
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gael85

Will Croker be still hosting the fan zone?

jcpen

Bad week for all English clubs apart from Villa. Probably not good news for English clubs having a 5th slot in the Champions League.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

johnnycool

Emi Martinez is some spud, the type of player any team would want in their ranks but the opposition and their fans absolutely hate.

With him being an Argie certainly doesn't help to endear himself to the British red tops and their on-line equivalents with football 365 calling him "the pricks p***k"

He's a winner though and doesn't give two shíts how he does it, every team needs a Martinez.  ;D 

snoopdog

Quote from: Gael85 on Today at 12:56:12 AMWill Croker be still hosting the fan zone?
No need now. ;D

jcpen

Quote from: snoopdog on April 18, 2024, 10:04:02 PMBar the early penalty. Atalanta bossed that. As easy as they would've hoped for. They've some good footballers and a good manager. The farewell tour is turning into a shambles
All about context I suppose.
This time last season Liverpool were 20+ points off the top of the table, no trophies won and out of the race for Top 4 for Champions League football.
This season they have a trophy won, will be back in the Champions League next season and are 2 points off the top of the table.
Would Liverpool fans have taken that at the start of the season?
I'm sure other clubs who aren't doing so well this season would be happy with that lot.
Despite their recent form Klopp is leaving them in a good position for next season.
This is one of my 3 usernames.

lurganblue

Quote from: jcpen on Today at 07:20:24 AMBad week for all English clubs apart from Villa. Probably not good news for English clubs having a 5th slot in the Champions League.

Yeah that's gone now.

It was clear from the 1st game at Villa Park that Lille had something about them and that the return leg was going to be a tough evening.  Martinez was outstanding in both legs and would probably be the main reason Villa are through. He's certainly the best keeper I ever remember Villa having on the books.