Restaurants in Belfast?

Started by The Gs Man, January 13, 2009, 01:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfrank

Temps after the bot,i used to order a pizza and sit and wait on that couch with my ticket!!Good times :P :P

Armaghtothebone

Quote from: The Gs Man on January 13, 2009, 01:11:55 PM
Can anyone recommend a decent restaurant in Belfast for dinner?

It's for the wife's birthday, so nothing too pricey.... :)

If however you'd like to have passionate sex on her birthday.....take out a small mortgage and go to The Harbour View.
Really nice Japanese Restaurant beside the Waterfront.Proper chef cooks it all at your table place.
Quality but you'll pay for it.

corn02

corn02

under the bar

Quotei took the missus to Frankie and Benny's on saturday afternoon, a new york style restaurant on the top floor of Victoria Square.
£40 for 2 starters, 2 mains, a garlic bread and a round of drinks. pretty tasty food too!

I detest all American diners esp one like TGI Fridays. 

thebandit

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 13, 2009, 08:13:04 PM
Are bowls very 2008 in Belfast?!

Aye, they're out of date already!!!

thebandit

Quote from: corn02 on January 13, 2009, 10:26:40 PM
Temps...ah wait it's gone.

You're joking... only for it I would have starved in college!!!

Our Nail Loney

No joke, it might have been a shit hole, but you could not beat a temps pizza... Was absolutely class, I was nearly always wrote off when ordering but still. Even cold for breakfast the next morning, I must have looked classy walking down the rod to renshaws scrufy as f**k munching on a pizza slice at around midday!

Minder

Quote from: corn02 on January 13, 2009, 10:44:26 PM
The Apartment.

One of the most pretentious spots in Belfast City Centre, and that is saying something. My wife was in it with work one day for a meal and four of them had to send it back. "Clean rotten" i believe is the industry term.........
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Franko

Quote from: Minder on January 14, 2009, 09:13:13 AM
Quote from: corn02 on January 13, 2009, 10:44:26 PM
The Apartment.

One of the most pretentious spots in Belfast City Centre, and that is saying something. My wife was in it with work one day for a meal and four of them had to send it back. "Clean rotten" i believe is the industry term.........

Have to agree... that place really does attract a higher class of tosser.

charlie stubbs

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 13, 2009, 11:57:47 PM
No joke, it might have been a shit hole, but you could not beat a temps pizza... Was absolutely class, I was nearly always wrote off when ordering but still. Even cold for breakfast the next morning, I must have looked classy walking down the rod to renshaws scrufy as f**k munching on a pizza slice at around midday!

waste not want not onl!!you would have missed your customary fry in helens though if eating your cold pizza!!never big fan of temps just went round caused a scene and normally asked to leave!!a good basket meal in shaws round wednesday normally set you up alright!

SidelineKick

Quote from: charlie stubbs on January 14, 2009, 12:57:04 PM
Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 13, 2009, 11:57:47 PM

waste not want not onl!!you would have missed your customary fry in helens though if eating your cold pizza!!never big fan of temps just went round caused a scene and normally asked to leave!!a good basket meal in shaws round wednesday normally set you up alright!

Thats putting it mildly Charlie, scruff of the neck job most times  :D
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

bigfrank

A big greasy fry in Helens,was hard to beat alright!!Hatfield done a mean basket of food too during the day,get hungry drinkin and pickin horses!!!Always had a soft spot for a Centra Roll on Botanic!!

Tony Baloney

Kam Wah on Botanic used to be great spot for a bit of drunken feeding about 2 in the morning. I'd say some shirts were ruined eating out of that place, as everyone in it used to have half the chinese down their front!

SidelineKick

Harry Ramsdens was another good one for the rip:

"Order on"

I remember asking the fella behind the counter for a "one slash two L B burger"

f**k he hadn't a clue what I was on about.  It was of course a 1/2 lb burger.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.