Restaurants in Belfast?

Started by The Gs Man, January 13, 2009, 01:11:55 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigfrank

Bishops also done quick/good food!!!Also have been to Spuds after a night out,never a good idea!!

fitzroyalty

Quote from: Our Nail Loney on January 13, 2009, 11:57:47 PM
No joke, it might have been a shit hole, but you could not beat a temps pizza... Was absolutely class, I was nearly always wrote off when ordering but still. Even cold for breakfast the next morning, I must have looked classy walking down the rod to renshaws scrufy as f**k munching on a pizza slice at around midday!

you for villareal? temps went right throu ya! Whats the new mexican place like thats there?

fitzroyalty

Foo Kin Noodle Bar on bradbury place is good, all you can eat for £6, though students tend to take the pi55 a bit, going up for 3rd/4ths lol.

Centra rolls as mentioned are the way forward, clean dying or not they are hard to beat

bigfrank

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 14, 2009, 01:01:27 PM
Kam Wah on Botanic used to be great spot for a bit of drunken feeding about 2 in the morning. I'd say some shirts were ruined eating out of that place, as everyone in it used to have half the chinese down their front!

That place was the devil!! >:( >:( Its about the only food i didnt even enjoy were i was drunk lol :P The Emerald Chinese used to deliver at 3 in the morning!!

Franko

Top Student Eating Houses (in no particular order)

Temps - (which generally ended up with an insult being fired at old hot chocolate followed by a request to leave)

Centra Botanic - (roll and a bottle of lucozade was the real ticket)

Harry Ramsdens Botanic - on a soberish evening

The chaplaincy - couldnt beat wee Mary for a chap special (had to be almost sober for this)

Esperanto's - only when clean airlocked

Helens - the greasiest fry served by two aul chatterboxes - but it was deadly for the cure (and close to the hatfield)

Cafe Ro-An - something similar (the forerunner to Helen's)

The Hatfield/Renshaws baskets - just the ticket for a thirsty student in the throes of a rip of drink

Feel free to add...

Boolerhead Mel

Anybody remember Bilko's on the Ormeau Road used to get take outs there in the eraly 90's a chip there could have feed an army. Have not been down that way in a long time I'm sure its well gone. 

bigfrank

My name sake Franko,i think u nailed it there!! Forgot bout Cafe Ro An,less greasy than Helens and close to the hatfield also lol :P :P Think everyone has got tossed out of Temps at some stage,it was a real cattle mart in there 8) Did love those centra rolls tho,nite head for one now,i wish  >:( >:(

fitzroyalty

Honourable mention for Casa Nostra, deliver a fry on st paddys day!

SidelineKick

A thread named "Restaurants in Belfast" has managed to put me on a downer. f**k I wish I was at uni again, a Wednesday too!!! Prob be in the Hat now, then go to Bot later if able to make it.

f**k this.
"If you want to box, say you want to box and we'll box"

Reported.

bigfrank

Used to go to that place alot maily because i used to live on Farnham street which is only a few steps away!! Was never really a big fan,did enjoy the occassionally curry chip in it tho! ;) ;)

bigfrank

Quote from: SidelineKick on January 14, 2009, 01:17:59 PM
A thread named "Restaurants in Belfast" has managed to put me on a downer. f**k I wish I was at uni again, a Wednesday too!!! Prob be in the Hat now, then go to Bot later if able to make it.

f**k this.

Pack up your stuff and i will meet u there,just ask for Big Frank when u get to the hatfield,i be in the corner with a pint of harp and the racing post! Nail the Bot later and a bite to eat and ur favourite feedin hole :o :o

Donagh

Quote from: Franko on January 14, 2009, 01:11:44 PM

Temps - (which generally ended up with an insult being fired at old hot chocolate followed by a request to leave)

The chaplaincy - couldnt beat wee Mary for a chap special (had to be almost sober for this)

Feel free to add...

One's closed and the other is dead. As happens the best of us, you gown up, move on and student trends change...

Franko

Quote from: Donagh on January 14, 2009, 01:21:07 PM
Quote from: Franko on January 14, 2009, 01:11:44 PM

Feel free to add...

One's closed and the other is dead. As happens the best of us, you gown up, move on and student trends change...

Aye its been a day or 2 since the holylands had the pleasure of my company.  But like Sideline I am sitting here with the rose tinted glasses on thinking of those great days in Renshaws when Fairytale of New York was played on the jukebox at least 30 times but you never got sick of listening to it!

Tony Baloney

The accents and smell of silage was too much for me in Renshaws!

Franko

Quote from: Tony Baloney on January 14, 2009, 01:29:45 PM
The accents and smell of silage was too much for me in Renshaws!

Ahh jaysus I was in my element! :D ;)