Was Barcelona's swarm tackling puke football?

Started by BennyHarp, April 01, 2010, 08:36:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

BennyHarp

After watching the game last night I was disgusted how barcelona have runied football. Chasing down the Arsenal players, tackling them in their own half sometimes in packs of 2 and 3, not allowiing the opposition any time on the ball and causing turn over after turn over of possession. This sort of work rate and tackling is has runied the beautiful game for ever. Then to add insult to injury - after getting themselves into a winning position they retreated to protect their lead! Awful, awful stuff - the only phrase i can think of to describe it is - puke football!!
That was never a square ball!!

longrunsthefox

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 01, 2010, 08:36:52 AM
After watching the game last night I was disgusted how barcelona have runied football. Chasing down the Arsenal players, tackling them in their own half sometimes in packs of 2 and 3, not allowiing the opposition any time on the ball and causing turn over after turn over of possession. This sort of work rate and tackling is has runied the beautiful game for ever. Then to add insult to injury - after getting themselves into a winning position they retreated to protect their lead! Awful, awful stuff - the only phrase i can think of to describe it is - puke football!!

April Fool ?  ::)

Denn Forever

I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

longrunsthefox

They sat back a bit in second half but for much of it was pure class.. ran rings around Arsenel. Pat Spillane has a lot to answer for... does Arsenel and Kerry expect teams to stand back and admire them?

BennyHarp

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 01, 2010, 11:32:12 AM
They sat back a bit in second half but for much of it was pure class.. ran rings around Arsenel. Pat Spillane has a lot to answer for... does Arsenel and Kerry expect teams to stand back and admire them?

But they shouldnt be tackling - its ruining the game for the purists!

magpie seanie

Good post, fair play. Point well made.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 01, 2010, 11:40:51 AM
Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 01, 2010, 11:32:12 AM

But they shouldnt be tackling - its ruining the game for the purists!

You are kidding?  :o

deiseach

BennyHarp

Dinny Breen

Definite contender for post of the year, no sarcasim intended...
#newbridgeornowhere

longrunsthefox

Quote from: BennyHarp on April 02, 2010, 07:32:13 AM
Not sure fox got the sarcasim!

After all the nonsense about Tyrone, it was hard to know was this meant or not...   

rosnarun

It was soccer ball,
of course it was puke football.
If you make yourself understood, you're always speaking well. Moliere

Cybershot

Lad...
wind ur neck in.
A team who can play magnificent, passing, flowing football whilst also be outstanding in the art of winning the ball back must be commended.
Than is not puke football...it's TOTAL football
Ballerin: All Ireland Finalists 1976, Ulster Champions 1976, Derry Senior Champions 1957 & 1976

Puckoon

Quote from: Cybershot on April 02, 2010, 08:18:14 PM

Lad...
wind ur neck in.
A team who can play magnificent, passing, flowing football whilst also be outstanding in the art of winning the ball back must be commended.
Than is not puke football...it's TOTAL football

:D :D :D

BennyHarp