Gordon is gone. A new dawn(fades)?

Started by Denn Forever, May 10, 2010, 06:54:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

EC Unique

Quote from: reddgnhand on May 12, 2010, 06:28:36 PM
Quote from: EC Unique on May 12, 2010, 02:32:42 PM
Quote from: Sandino on May 12, 2010, 02:17:07 PM
I had to take a very deep breath before I typed this comment. I agree with the longrunsthefox. There I said it and it may be a first but what the heck. It will be us feckers here who get the hit. I' not sure but how many Tories were voted in between Scotland Wales and the North of Ireland, less than a handful. These areas will now be over looked for the good of Little England and that magical 40% at the next election.

Indeed there are those who misuse the DLA system but I feel sickened by EC Unique with your generalisations. Few of us know what goes on inside many homes and a blanket response from the Tories will only hurt the innocent and vulnerable as well as the misusers. Anyone who lived through the Thatcher years will agree we have a lot to worry about under a Tory government. The 'black economy' was a very small economy back in the 80's. in the future I wonder if we in the north will have the same view on migrant workers as some do at present when our children again set off around the world looking for employment.

Thanks Sammy

I did not generalise! I said that there were genuine cases where people are entitled to welfare!!

I just hope that the cuts get rid of the spongers and the people who really need it get it.

A whole new system that would root out the people who are happy to sit at home when they are perfectly capable of a days work and yet protects the genuine people would be a good thing for all of us.

No?

How would you do it. The system is abused by the one's that should know better.

I don't know the answer but surley there has to be some way of filtering out the bluffers. I guess we will soon see.

Zapatista

Quote from: EC Unique on May 12, 2010, 09:45:06 PM
You agree with my assesment. It appears where we disagree is that something needs to be done to sort it out.

I disagree with a large amount of your assesment.
We disagree that people on SW need to paddle their own boat.