£2 pints

Started by john mcgill, August 23, 2007, 06:26:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

john mcgill

I see that in the great metropolis of Armagh that a certain pub is offering £2 pints for Thursday night only. Its a bit of a coincidence that it is the day when GCSE pupils get their full picture on GCSEs.  I realise that 16 year olds will take a drink and as a 16 year old I used to sneak into pubs and have older friends buy me Harp (God I was so naive to have drank that cr*p). I do have a problem when the pub is filled with 16 year olds and no doubt younger ones.

inisceithleann

Quote from: john mcgill on August 23, 2007, 06:26:46 PM
I see that in the great metropolis of Armagh that a certain pub is offering £2 pints for Thursday night only. Its a bit of a coincidence that it is the day when GCSE pupils get their full picture on GCSEs.  I realise that 16 year olds will take a drink and as a 16 year old I used to sneak into pubs and have older friends buy me Harp (God I was so naive to have drank that cr*p). I do have a problem when the pub is filled with 16 year olds and no doubt younger ones.

There's no way that ones that young should be in the pub. There is a chain of thought that it's better to have them in the pub however than standing drinking a carry out in the street. You have to sympathise with them as we were all in their shoes once but it doesn't make this publicans actions right.
Life is a ticket to the greatest show on earth

Long time dead

Quote from: john mcgill on August 23, 2007, 06:26:46 PM

What pub would that be John?

The Subbie

Armagh needs something to attract people , maybe £2 pints are a good start.

john mcgill

maddog

Quote from: john mcgill on August 24, 2007, 08:25:08 AM
Harry Hoots

if they were paying me £2 a pint i wouldnt drink in it. Nor too fond of the establishment across the road.

Candyman

The Gas lamp (lawlors, Little Latvia, passport Office) or whatever ye wanna call it has ALL drinks for £2 EVERY Thursday and has been running for a few months now.... jammed to the doors every nite!! still a kip though... ;)

Balboa

Quote from: hardstation on August 24, 2007, 09:17:02 PM
Did anyone see Cookstown on the news?
Ghost oh, if I was thon girl's da, she'd never get out again. Embarrassing or what?

What happened?

Balboa

Quote from: hardstation on August 24, 2007, 09:22:01 PM
Well the cameras were outside the Greenvale(?) last night.
They were all wrote aff but some young girl was lying on the grass, out for the count with her trousers round her ankles.

Surely this is normal practice in Cookstown......

Carmen Stateside

Quote from: hardstation on August 24, 2007, 09:22:01 PM
Well the cameras were outside the Greenvale(?) last night.
They were all wrote aff but some young girl was lying on the grass, out for the count with her trousers round her ankles.

Things havent changed then!! :D