The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: stew on September 17, 2016, 02:45:09 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 17, 2016, 01:33:45 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on September 16, 2016, 08:56:22 PM
Quote from: dec on September 16, 2016, 07:58:04 PM
Apparently the Donald has finally worked out that Obama was born in the US.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/15/politics/donald-trump-obama-birther-united-states/index.html

Clever Donald - That will get him votes from the black population. I doubt he actually believes it (because we all know it isn't true).

We all know you have a dim view of African Americans with their whining about discrimination and their criminality, but now you're saying they're incredibly stupid too?!
you liberals take classes into putting words in peoples mouths perchance?

He never said black people are incredibly stupid, not even close!

That is exactly what he is saying if he thinks Trump's bullshit attempt to put his birther shite behind him is going to win black votes.

But go ahead and explain how else that statement could be interpreted.

J70

Quote from: foxcommander on September 17, 2016, 08:00:18 PM
Quote from: J70 on September 17, 2016, 01:33:45 PM
Quote from: foxcommander on September 16, 2016, 08:56:22 PM
Quote from: dec on September 16, 2016, 07:58:04 PM
Apparently the Donald has finally worked out that Obama was born in the US.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/09/15/politics/donald-trump-obama-birther-united-states/index.html

Clever Donald - That will get him votes from the black population. I doubt he actually believes it (because we all know it isn't true).

We all know you have a dim view of African Americans with their whining about discrimination and their criminality, but now you're saying they're incredibly stupid too?!

J70 - that's an awful racist thing to say about the blacks. Shame on you for stereotyping them.

They are your words, not mine.

They're my take on your attitude towards them based on your contributions here.

WAsn't making ANY statement on the actual situation.

J70

Quote from: stew on September 17, 2016, 02:34:02 PM
I read an article on an answer Clinton gave to a question on what her greatest contributions to society were, she spoke at length and said absolutely nothing at all, she can't run on her record because it is horrendous and that is why her entire focus is negative on Trump.

15% of people are still undecided, she has the black and the Hispanic vote sewn up and she still is a point behind that ballix Trump,

Time for change, enough of the same old same old.

I look forward to the next installment if leaks that hurt Clintons bid to be the POTUS.

I also cannot believe that muppet gallwhatever actually believed I would vote for Clinton! What a tube! :-[

If this campaign is the most negative ever, that is pretty much entirely down to Trump. He scorched-earthed his way through the GOP primaries with lies, appeals to prejudice and the most ridiculous negative, personal attacks seen in modern times (Ted Cruz STILL won't endorse him FFS!). That Clinton, after a relatively very substantial Dem primary season in opposition to Bernie, is forced down in the gutter now, is merely fighting fire with fire.

But that aside, exactly what change is it that Trump is going to bring, and how will that be for the better, or even at least better than Hillary?

AZOffaly

Hey, no fair. He's going to make America great again!

stew

Quote from: AZOffaly on September 19, 2016, 01:06:16 PM

Meanwhile at the ranch the Dems let almost 600 people who were to be deported citizenship, ass clowns!

It was great to see the multi millionaire/billionaire Hollywood elite tell us all who to vote for, one stupid bitch even went so far as to compare Trump with Hitler, does anyone on here really give a damn who these tools want as President? I don't care who they are going to vote for and I give not one fig about their political affiliations lie!

The amount of money spent in America is staggering, how can these two not be corrupt when spending hundreds of millions of dollars for a job that pays a tiny fraction of that amount, power and influence are what make that job attractive, these two have both in spades, how much is enough for these greedy people?

Apparently the war with these terrorists is all about the Narrative people. people are dying all over the globe in many ways at the hands of these Islamic terrorist animals but that does not matter, Clinton and Obamantion want to win the narrative instead of taking these f**kers out by the root!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

screenexile

Quote from: stew on September 20, 2016, 09:43:46 AM

Meanwhile at the ranch the Dems let almost 600 people who were to be deported citizenship, ass clowns!

It was great to see the multi millionaire/billionaire Hollywood elite tell us all who to vote for, one stupid bitch even went so far as to compare Trump with Hitler, does anyone on here really give a damn who these tools want as President? I don't care who they are going to vote for and I give not one fig about their political affiliations lie!

The amount of money spent in America is staggering, how can these two not be corrupt when spending hundreds of millions of dollars for a job that pays a tiny fraction of that amount, power and influence are what make that job attractive, these two have both in spades, how much is enough for these greedy people?

Apparently the war with these terrorists is all about the Narrative people. people are dying all over the globe in many ways at the hands of these Islamic terrorist animals but that does not matter, Clinton and Obamantion want to win the narrative instead of taking these f**kers out by the root!

600 more Dem voters great and well needed in the fight against the fascists!!

stew

Quote from: screenexile on September 20, 2016, 11:01:12 AM

600 more Dem voters great and well needed in the fight against the fascists!!

:)

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

FFS stew, the citizenship thing is down to a gap in fingerprint records going back to a failure to digitize them going back to the 90s. I haven't seen anything stating that this is a Dem or Obama failure and not a Bush/GOP failure also.

As for celebrity pontificating on candidates, there is plenty of that on both sides: do you get upset when right wingers do it?

Hardy

An interesting piece on the appeal of Trump to white male workers and how it's related to the decline of unions:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/14/opinion/sunday/the-decline-of-unions-and-the-rise-of-trump.html?_r=0

dec

The first debate is on tonight, 9pm Eastern time. It is expected to get a massive audience, all the major networks will be showing it so it won't have any competition other than Monday Night football (Atlanta Falcons v New Orleans Saints).

Billys Boots

Quote from: Hardy on September 24, 2016, 07:34:25 PM
An interesting piece on the appeal of Trump to white male workers and how it's related to the decline of unions:
http://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/14/opinion/sunday/the-decline-of-unions-and-the-rise-of-trump.html?_r=0

It's very interesting that while the Republican party has been the main instigator of the disempowerment of the US trade unions, the vulnerable turn in their moment of need to ... a Republican candidate. 
My hands are stained with thistle milk ...

screenexile

At this stage I think the debates will be the major factor in this Election. If Hillary can lure the Donald into a few traps and call him out then she should win quite easy but if she lets him away with the childish bullying without fighting back smarter then she could be in real difficulty.

If she can turn this into a substantive debate on policies then she wipes the floor with him but if it turns into a dogfight then I think he wins which is a pity. It could end up being real car crash TV!!

I would love to stay up and watch it but it's far too late.

I hope she wipes the floor with him.

Minder

Are there many "undecideds" at this stage ?
"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Canalman

Quote from: Minder on September 26, 2016, 04:10:06 PM
Are there many "undecideds" at this stage ?

Not too many, but they and in particular the ones in the so called swing states usually decide the elections.

Reckon both camps each have give or take 45%  hard core voters.

J70

Quote from: screenexile on September 26, 2016, 03:40:40 PM
At this stage I think the debates will be the major factor in this Election. If Hillary can lure the Donald into a few traps and call him out then she should win quite easy but if she lets him away with the childish bullying without fighting back smarter then she could be in real difficulty.

If she can turn this into a substantive debate on policies then she wipes the floor with him but if it turns into a dogfight then I think he wins which is a pity. It could end up being real car crash TV!!

I would love to stay up and watch it but it's far too late.

I hope she wipes the floor with him.

It doesn't matter if she is full of substance, these debates are all about "gotcha" moments or someone making the wrong facial expression or some smartarse putdown.

Think Bush Senior looking at his watch (OMG!!), Reagan ending the age issue in '84 with a joke or "besting" Jimmy Carter by saying "there you go again", Al Gore looking bored, the "You're no Jack Kennedy" putdown of Quayle.

The Trump campaign is furiously fighting back against the idea of him being fact checked as well during the debate. They know he has little to bring to the table in terms of details and  I guess are hoping that he is just allowed to bullshit away and look the part with no real time pushback.

Basically, with the low expectations, as long as he doesn't behave by an arsehole, he has little to lose, while she has a lot.