The Many Faces of US Politics...

Started by Tyrones own, March 20, 2009, 09:29:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

NAG1

Quote from: LeoMc on August 08, 2016, 12:42:09 PM
Quote from: stew on August 08, 2016, 12:29:48 PM
Quote from: seafoid on August 08, 2016, 11:53:22 AM
Trump has made a lot of good points about blue collar America. The problem is that  he has no tact.

If he had common sense and stopped insulting the parents of dead soldiers and war heroes he might have had a chance, he has struck a nerve and forever changed the GOP which is a good thing but he is a nightmare both foreign and domestic policy wise.
Like the Brexit vote in the UK he has tapped into a generation who have been ignored by politicians and who do not see a future for them (a decent job, an education for their kids) in their own Country.

So their answer to this much like the brexiteers is to jump head first into something they have no idea about. Only this time it would be handing power to a man who has no idea about the world and at worst is actually dangerous.

stew

Quote from: NAG1 on August 08, 2016, 12:51:22 PM
Trump has made a lot of good points about blue collar America. The problem is that  he has no tact.

If he had common sense and stopped insulting the parents of dead soldiers and war heroes he might have had a chance, he has struck a nerve and forever changed the GOP which is a good thing but he is a nightmare both foreign and domestic policy wise.
Like the Brexit vote in the UK he has tapped into a generation who have been ignored by politicians and who do not see a future for them (a decent job, an education for their kids) in their own Country.

So their answer to this much like the brexiteers is to jump head first into something they have no idea about. Only this time it would be handing power to a man who has no idea about the world and at worst is actually dangerous.

In fairness Clinton has loads of experience and has done an awful job at every turn, a career political animal who is also dangerous, very dangerous, Benghazi and the two email scandals, she is utterly despised by so many that they will vote Trump because they see her as I do, worse even, the left did that with Clinton over Trump.

Obama paying four hundred million to the Syrians on the day 4 hostages were released, Trump is not far wrong on him, he is one of the worst Presidents ever in my opinion, a gutless liberal that has brought the country to unparalled debt and a man that is completely out of touch with his countrymen.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

muppet

Quote from: stew on August 08, 2016, 01:23:07 PM

In fairness Clinton has loads of experience and has done an awful job at every turn, a career political animal who is also dangerous, very dangerous, Benghazi and the two email scandals, she is utterly despised by so many that they will vote Trump because they see her as I do, worse even, the left did that with Clinton over Trump.

Obama paying four hundred million to the Syrians on the day 4 hostages were released, Trump is not far wrong on him, he is one of the worst Presidents ever in my opinion, a gutless liberal that has brought the country to unparalled debt and a man that is completely out of touch with his countrymen.

Ok Stew.

Can you explain what is so, so terrible about the emails?

Then can you explain why Benghazi makes her so evil, please compare with Afghanistan, Iraq 1, Iraq 2 etc, etc?

Finally can you explain why you think Obama gave money to Syria?
MWWSI 2017

Gabriel_Hurl

stew

stew

Quote from: muppet on August 08, 2016, 01:27:42 PM

Ok Stew.

Then can you explain why Benghazi makes her so evil, please compare with Afghanistan, Iraq 1, Iraq 2 etc, etc?

Email, the first scandal: she illegally deleted 3000 emails that mysteriously cannot be accounted for, she also illegally used her home server and left thousands of American abroad exposed by virtue of the fact she was hacked and a lot of the information she put out there was classified top secret or higher, hell, she even had some emails status changes thrown in for good measure, also your hero threw others under the bus with the it is not just me, he did it, she did it, cowardly leadership unfit to govern.

She lied to the parents of the dead people at the embassy, she had ignored over 300 emails begging her to send help because they knew they were under severe threat, she told her kid one thing and the. Surviving parents another.

Finally email scandal number 2, I have always known the Democrat party was corrupt and arrogant, of course she had no idea the fix was in and Saunders and his millions of followers had no chance from the get go.

I am not going to be sucked into comparisons that suit your agenda, I never mentioned afghanistan so why should you bring that into it?

Why do you defend this corrupt bastard?

muppet

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on August 08, 2016, 01:43:13 PM
He didn't - he gave it to Iran

Stew has a Trump-like relationship with facts.

Anyway on to the emails, that Stew claims make her a murderer and corrupt.

I had a longer post written but it got lost.

So I am just posting this:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/fact-checker/wp/2016/01/26/600-requests-from-benghazi-for-better-security-what-this-statistic-really-means/
MWWSI 2017

screenexile

Quote from: stew on August 08, 2016, 02:23:57 PM
Quote from: muppet on August 08, 2016, 01:27:42 PM

Ok Stew.

Email, the first scandal: she illegally deleted 3000 emails that mysteriously cannot be accounted for, she also illegally used her home server and left thousands of American abroad exposed by virtue of the fact she was hacked and a lot of the information she put out there was classified top secret or higher, hell, she even had some emails status changes thrown in for good measure, also your hero threw others under the bus with the it is not just me, he did it, she did it, cowardly leadership unfit to govern.

She lied to the parents of the dead people at the embassy, she had ignored over 300 emails begging her to send help because they knew they were under severe threat, she told her kid one thing and the. Surviving parents another.

Finally email scandal number 2, I have always known the Democrat party was corrupt and arrogant, of course she had no idea the fix was in and Saunders and his millions of followers had no chance from the get go.

I am not going to be sucked into comparisons that suit your agenda, I never mentioned afghanistan so why should you bring that into it?

Why do you defend this corrupt b**tard?

Shit stew did you go to the same law school as wee Jamie Bwyson? I mean you mention illegal twice there yet the Justice Department AND the FBI have said that she didn't do anything illegal . . .

You can check the FBI statement again if you're not sure but I'm full sure there is no mention of illegality in there!!!

https://www.fbi.gov/news/pressrel/press-releases/statement-by-fbi-director-james-b-comey-on-the-investigation-of-secretary-hillary-clinton2019s-use-of-a-personal-e-mail-system

LeoMc

Pretty much.
With the Brexit vote there was a sizeable minority for whom the "scare-mongering" was an irrelevancy. The impact to the economy meant nothing to them as they had nothing. They did not have a job to lose or savings to devalue. The global economy was not benefiting them beyond cheaper trainers.

With the US there is a similar blue collar demographic who can remember a time pre-NAFTA when there were jobs and job security. Trump is tapping into that with his "Remember when we made thins" spiel.

heganboy

A third way
Evin McMullen is going to be running as a representative of the "never Trump" campaign. He is currently the Republican's chief policy advisor in the House of Representatives.

interesting to see how this affects both nominees...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

screenexile

Quote from: heganboy on August 08, 2016, 03:13:40 PM
A third way
Evin McMullen is going to be running as a representative of the "never Trump" campaign. He is currently the Republican's chief policy advisor in the House of Representatives.

It's another nail on Trump's coffin I would think... 2 Republicans running can only dilute their vote you would think!

stew

Quote from: screenexile on August 08, 2016, 03:36:11 PM
Quote from: heganboy on August 08, 2016, 03:13:40 PM
A third way

It's another nail on Trump's coffin I would think... 2 Republicans running can only dilute their vote you would think!

Trump is no Republican as well you know, follow the money!

heganboy

there is a lot of social media going on this one, but not a lot of coverage as yet. Hard to tell what the impact will be. A lot of "why don't you just spoil your ballot" and third way is a wasted vote chat.
I think its interesting...
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

LeoMc

Quote from: heganboy on August 08, 2016, 06:08:13 PM
there is a lot of social media going on this one, but not a lot of coverage as yet. Hard to tell what the impact will be. A lot of "why don't you just spoil your ballot" and third way is a wasted vote chat.
There are already Libertarian and Green options on the ballot in most States. That they do not figure even with the poor mainstream options shows just how entrenched the current 2 party system is.

muppet

Quote from: LeoMc on August 08, 2016, 10:36:48 PM
Quote from: heganboy on August 08, 2016, 06:08:13 PM
There are already Libertarian and Green options on the ballot in most States. That they do not figure even with the poor mainstream options shows just how entrenched the current 2 party system is.

I did not know that.

Could you please post up some info on these people?
MWWSI 2017