House insurance query

Started by theskull1, January 14, 2008, 03:32:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Baloney

Mrs. Baloney reliably assures me that Farmer's Union (in the north) are as cheap and comprehensive as anyone.

thebuzz

Quote from: Tony Baloney on December 04, 2018, 01:50:37 PM
Mrs. Baloney reliably assures me that Farmer's Union (in the north) are as cheap and comprehensive as anyone.

We're with AXA but heard that the Farmer's Union are as good as any.

Aristo 60

How does one estimate re-build cost?

93-DY-SAM

Anyone insured with Aviva on their web-only policy? It is offering a very competitive quote but says that it doesn't come with any phone support, this is purely only by email and text if you need to deal with them. It's something you hopefully never need to speak to anyone about.

ziggy90

Quote from: maddog on January 14, 2008, 03:43:16 PM"There should not be a problem with this as they were husband and wife. the policy will have to be amended to read in the lady's name. An insurer would be very harsh to try and get out of a contract on these grounds and in my opinion would not try this"

But he's from Cookstown so...... :P

Never, ever, ever trust an insurance company.
Trust me I speak from bitter experience.
Questions that shouldn't be asked shouldn't be answered

bennydorano

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on November 23, 2023, 04:40:56 PMAnyone insured with Aviva on their web-only policy? It is offering a very competitive quote but says that it doesn't come with any phone support, this is purely only by email and text if you need to deal with them. It's something you hopefully never need to speak to anyone about.
I have this cover, have done for 2 years, haven't made a claim so I don't know about that end of it, but the website is handy navigated is about all I can tell you. I assume there's an app but I haven't bothered with it.

Gold

Quote from: ziggy90 on November 23, 2023, 06:21:33 PM
Quote from: maddog on January 14, 2008, 03:43:16 PM"There should not be a problem with this as they were husband and wife. the policy will have to be amended to read in the lady's name. An insurer would be very harsh to try and get out of a contract on these grounds and in my opinion would not try this"

I'm sure Maddog appreciates the advice. Sitting as he has before his screen waiting on your reply, with baited breath, for just 15 years.

😁😁
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

maddog

Quote from: Gold on November 24, 2023, 10:51:30 AM

I'm sure Maddog appreciates the advice. Sitting as he has before his screen waiting on your reply, with baited breath, for just 15 years.

😁😁

Ziggy90 is usually quicker with a retort than that.  ;)

ziggy90

Quote from: maddog on November 24, 2023, 11:46:57 AM

Quote from: Gold on November 24, 2023, 10:51:30 AM

😁😁

Ziggy90 is usually quicker with a retort than that.  ;)

I haven't a clue what he's on about.
Do enlighten me Gold.

imtommygunn

Your reply was 15 years after the original post...

Milltown Row2

Quote from: imtommygunn on November 24, 2023, 02:17:04 PMYour reply was 15 years after the original post...

15 years, things starting to slide lol
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

ziggy90

Quote from: Milltown Row2  ;D  ;Dquote author=Milltown Row2 link=msg=2239644 date=1700836297]
Quote from: imtommygunn on November 24, 2023, 02:17:04 PMYour reply was 15 years after the original post...

link=msg=2239644 date=1700836297]

[/quote]

Doh.  ;D

Still true though.