Premier League 2021-22

Started by Boycey, July 12, 2021, 09:51:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

sid waddell

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 09, 2021, 02:11:52 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 09, 2021, 11:18:01 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on October 08, 2021, 08:34:39 PM
Quote from: sid waddell on October 08, 2021, 08:25:33 PM
Sunderland should rename the Stadium Of Light "The Jamal Khashoggi Stadium" just to troll Newcastle and the Saudis.
Seriously? Trolling using an assassinated journalist ? Christ the night

Why would you want to protect the feelings of Mohammed Bin Salman and Newcastle United?

Shouldn't Saudi Arabia's grotesque human rights abuses and murderous criminality be continuously rammed down the throats of everybody to do with Newcastle United from now on?

Trolling by using a person who, by all accounts was murdered and disposed off in a horrible way is not how I'd be ramming down people's throats of a countries atrocious human rights history. But carry on you weirdo
It's exactly how NI posters on this forum reference the atrocious carry on of the British Army. By referencing their victims.

You must be very Mary Whitehouse in your outlook on life. Or maybe even Mary Poppins.

ONeill

Quote from: nrico2006 on October 09, 2021, 02:30:44 PM
Does the average joe really care about the morals? Are the dynasties linked to the Chelsea, PSG and City owners any cleaner than the Saudi's? Where do you draw the line?

All the same. Add Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal and so on. Same end of the shitty stick. Some just have slightly more billions than the other. I hope Newcastle become the PSG of the English league.
I wanna have my kicks before the whole shithouse goes up in flames.

JoG2

Quote from: ONeill on October 09, 2021, 11:44:28 PM
Does the average joe really care about the morals? Are the dynasties linked to the Chelsea, PSG and City owners any cleaner than the Saudi's? Where do you draw the line?

All the same. Add Liverpool, Utd, Arsenal and so on. Same end of the shitty stick. Some just have slightly more billions than the other. I hope Newcastle become the PSG of the English league.

I've always had a soft spot for Newcastle (going back almost 30 years when the club were brilliant to myself and a member of my family) , will definitely be interesting to watch the next few years unfold.

sid waddell

Presumably the same people who don't care about the moral atrocity of Saudi Arabia laundering their reputation through sport would claim that they would have been against the apartheid regime doing the same back in the day.

They wouldn't.

StPatsAbu

Save for the fact that United's leech owners were not welcomed/needed and took ownership in order to take money OUT disadvantaging the club. The other premier league clubs have benefitted from huge cash injections from the corrupt new owners.

Captain Obvious

I hope Newcastle become the PSG of the English league.

Why, because it will be interesting to watch them fail? Loads have enjoyed PSG regular failures in the Champions league and somehow allowing themselves lose the French league to Lille last season.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Captain Obvious on October 10, 2021, 02:03:31 AM
I hope Newcastle become the PSG of the English league.

Why, because it will be interesting to watch them fail? Loads have enjoyed PSG regular failures in the Champions league and somehow allowing themselves lose the French league to Lille last season.

City have failed to win CL on numerous occasions, even lost the league a few times to Chelsea Liverpool and Leicester of all teams...
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

No matter what the issue or grounds for objection, there is always a "whataboutthis?" waiting in the wings.

Its not always as blatant as when Guardiola went on his Catalonia campaign a few years ago and got Abu Dhabi thrown right back in his face by those who didn't want to hear about the issues concerning Catalans.

Half the shit any of have on us or in our possession at any given time has probably been built on the exploitation and abuse of someone, somewhere.

Not saying we should just say f**k it and helplessly throw up our hands in frustration; you have to draw lines somewhere. But its a fact of life that when you raise some sort of conscientious objection to something, that some fuckwit who'd rather not hear about or give a shit about anything is going to throw something like that back in your face.

Captain Obvious

Interesting views from Klopp.

Capt Pat

When Liverpool only got the draw against Brentford I didn't foresee any of the other top 4 teams having any trouble against Brentford. However Chelsea are lucky to be 1-0 up after 77 minutes. Brentford have been competitive all game.

Capt Pat

Chelsea escaped there. Brentford deserved at least a draw. Mendy saved Chelsea.

laoislad

All the title contenders win this weekend. It's going to be some race.
When you think you're fucked you're only about 40% fucked.

J70

Quote from: Capt Pat on October 16, 2021, 07:07:10 PM
When Liverpool only got the draw against Brentford I didn't foresee any of the other top 4 teams having any trouble against Brentford. However Chelsea are lucky to be 1-0 up after 77 minutes. Brentford have been competitive all game.

Some performance from Mendy.

Brentford are a very entertaining and effective throwback.

Love watching them.

Armamike

They leave it all on the pitch.  Their fans couldn't ask for more from them.
That's just, like your opinion man.

RedHand88

Newcastle game stopped. Players away to the tunnel. Someone in the crowd has collapsed.