Mayo v Dublin Sat 2nd March - 7pm Croke Park

Started by Fuzzman, February 13, 2013, 04:27:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Keane

Hard not to fancy Dublin in this one, one of the lads has a preview done if anyone wants to take a look:

http://www.livegaelic.com/news/allianz-football-league-preview-dublin-vs-mayo/

mayogodhelpus@gmail.com

"From a personal point of view, another September final was watched through the fingers as Mayo flattered to deceive in yet another showpiece, and as a Dubs supporter, you couldn't help feeling that we'd have put up a better show."

Enough read, I cleaned my arse with it, when I got to that bit.

Mayo by 6
Time to take a more chill-pill approach to life.

Captain Obvious

They way Dublin performed against Meath,Laois,Mayo it's very doubtful if they had put up a better show.

moysider

Quote from: Keane on February 27, 2013, 08:18:46 PM
Hard not to fancy Dublin in this one, one of the lads has a preview done if anyone wants to take a look:

Sorry I looked.

One of the lads is a gobshite.

ballinaman

Quote from: Keane on February 27, 2013, 08:18:46 PM

Jesus, what the hell was that? Drivel.

highorlow

QuoteHard not to fancy Dublin in this one, one of the lads has a preview done if anyone wants to take a look:

I thought the piece was quite informative, biased fair enough but shur he is a Dub.

Hope James Horan has a read of it.....................he might learn something!

"And what can we expect of the Metropolitans? They have a new manager, new philosophy and plenty of new faces for the Boys in Blue supporters to get used to. Jim Gavin has mixed a lot of youth and experience in his first two Allianz Football League team selections and also through the O'Byrne Cup. Some of the new faces have especially impressed. The likes of last year's U21 winners Kevin O'Brien and Jack McCaffrey have shown well in the first two games and another two men who have impressed have been Bernard Brogan and Paddy Andrews, who has shown signs of finally coming of age in the Blue and Navy."
They get momentum, they go mad, here they go

Tubberman

Quote from: highorlow on February 28, 2013, 01:04:29 PM
QuoteHard not to fancy Dublin in this one, one of the lads has a preview done if anyone wants to take a look:

I thought the piece was quite informative, biased fair enough but shur he is a Dub.

Hope James Horan has a read of it.....................he might learn something!

"And what can we expect of the Metropolitans? They have a new manager, new philosophy and plenty of new faces for the Boys in Blue supporters to get used to. Jim Gavin has mixed a lot of youth and experience in his first two Allianz Football League team selections and also through the O'Byrne Cup. Some of the new faces have especially impressed. The likes of last year's U21 winners Kevin O'Brien and Jack McCaffrey have shown well in the first two games and another two men who have impressed have been Bernard Brogan and Paddy Andrews, who has shown signs of finally coming of age in the Blue and Navy."

Well that's hardly new news
"Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."

ballinaman

Verdict:
Mayo seem to be at more experimental stage at this part of the season as James Horan seems to know what his team are all about so he's trying different options
A nothing comment.

Sam2011

Dublin team:

1. Stephen Cluxton
2. Darren Daly
3. Kevin O'Brien
4. Johnny Cooper
5. Darragh Nelson
6. Ger Brennan
7. Jack McCaffery
8. Declan O'Mahony
9. Cian O'Sullivan
10. Paul Flynn
11. Tomas Brady
12. Ciaran Reddin
13. Paddy Andrews
14. Diarmuid Connolly
15. Bernard Brogan

heffo

Weak Dublin team - Mayo have a far stronger and experienced team out

Declan

Interesting to see how the backs fair out alright and I must admit I'm not a fan of O'Mahony but best of luck to them

ballinaman

Looking forward to seeing McCaffery in the flesh. Looks a player.

Mayo Mick

Should have enough in the tank to take care of that Dubs team. Would have liked to see Horan try a few players in this game but it seems the 2 points are more important.  Need to be more focused than we were v Tyrone though.
If You Don't Bring Home The Bacon, You'll Get Treated Like A Pig!!

Crete Boom

Interesting team from Horan and I'm very interested to see how O' Shea goes at no 11 cause we have struggled to fill that position ever since Mac left the scene. I don't know if Barret is a corner back and like others I would have liked to see Michael Walsh get a run there. Strong looking half back line for us and I like the midfield pairing of Gibbons and big Barry. Hopefully Doc and Conroy can keep there good form going up front. The key is we can't kick as much position away as we did against Tyrone and Kerry cause I don't think we'll dominate the middle third as much as we did against Tyrone. Hopefully the inside line will get a much improved supply of quality ball to give them a chance to take on their men.
  I don't know much of the Dubs team but that's a very tasty full forward line of Andrews, Brogan and Connolly and it could be a long day for our lads at the back! There is still a spine of experience down through the Dubs team with Flynn, O' Sullivan, Ger Brennan and Cluxton. Personally I'm really looking forward to seeing McCaffrey in the flesh as well and let's face it there hasn't been many dull Mayo Dublin games over the last decade!

heffo

Quote from: Crete Boom on March 01, 2013, 10:13:11 AM
I don't know much of the Dubs team but that's a very tasty full forward line of Andrews, Brogan and Connolly and it could be a long day for our lads at the back!

I doubt Connolly will play tbh