Previous topic - Next topic

?

?
62 (89.9%)
?
7 (10.1%)

Total Members Voted: 69

ned

Bayo, Weah and Burke in. Now for a right back and centre back and we are good to go.

Targetman

Any info on Bayo, have to be honest I know nothing about him, glad we're not signing players that wouldn't qualify for club 18/30!!

Main Street

Quote from: screenexile on January 08, 2019, 11:07:03 AM
Quote from: themac_23 on January 08, 2019, 10:57:18 AM
Surely we'd be better buying a lower league English conference team, send young players down there and also a project to start getting up the leagues and sure ya never know what could happen ???

Celtic could be playing in the Vanarama National League in no time!!!
Gotta aim higher than the nationals, how about Yeovil Town? and they would come already appropriately hooped.

JimStynes

Quote from: ned on January 08, 2019, 10:12:57 PM
Bayo, Weah and Burke in. Now for a right back and centre back and we are good to go.

Are they any use though

ned

Quote from: JimStynes on January 09, 2019, 04:43:02 PM

Are they any use though

I'll let you know in March.

Over the Bar

Underwhelming, mediocre signings if ever there were ones. £15-£20M centre back needed urgently.

ned

Quote from: Over the Bar on January 09, 2019, 08:37:32 PM
Underwhelming, mediocre signings if ever there were ones. £15-£20M centre back needed urgently.

This is the Celtic thread, you know! If you want £15m signings support Bournemouth.

From the Bunker

Quote from: ned on January 09, 2019, 09:42:01 PM

This is the Celtic thread, you know! If you want £15m signings support Bournemouth.

Jez, there are lads here who want to go down the road of Sevco and end up Bankrupt.

MoChara

We signed Van Djik for 2.5 million its good scouting we use not big money. That's why Bayo needs to be given a chance someone sees something in him and hes got a big thumbs up from Lubo.

illdecide

There is a 5 min youtube showing Bayo's goals and TBH he's still a bit rough around the edges but he's def a big prospect, he throws himself about big time and gets stuck into the centre halves. My only problem he gets yellow carded a lot for these tackles and has had one or two reds.
Judging by his goals, his physique and pace Celtic didn't pay £2 million for him for a laugh
I can swim a little but i can't fly an inch

Main Street

The great ship Rangers run aground, throttled yet again. Stevie G left raging against everything but their slipshod defending

The loanee Weah looks a very good prospect,  but a 5 months loan period is a bit short time to expect him to perform as a bone fide hit man up front, as per urgent requirements. Though it would be nice if he could stay on for the next season, it's a hell of a lot better than reserve league football in France and would polish up the rough edges.

themac_23

Quote from: Main Street on January 23, 2019, 11:34:26 PM
The great ship Rangers run aground, throttled yet again. Stevie G left raging against everything but their slipshod defending

The loanee Weah looks a very good prospect,  but a 5 months loan period is a bit short time to expect him to perform as a bone fide hit man up front, as per urgent requirements. Though it would be nice if he could stay on for the next season, it's a hell of a lot better than reserve league football in France and would polish up the rough edges.

From what ive heard its all agreed for next season with Weah, announced as a 6 month deal but if we're happy and the players happy it'll be for next season, apparently wasnt announced as 18 months after what happened with Musonda.

Think we looked back to close to our best last night, sharp and crisp movement all over the pitch. We maybe were running on empty and needed that break to recharge the batteries, when you look at the squad we have and the players to come back, Eddie, Rogic, Tierney we will have a hell of a lot of options, just add a good RB and i think we're good till the end of the season, also think Bain gives a bit more confidence to the defence, great to see a keeper pass a ball rather than just hoof it out of play or to the other team. looking forward to getting over to the Valencia home game in a few weeks, hopefully we've a wee run together by then.

MoChara

From what I'm reading Rangers Great Hope Defoe was anonymous yesterday with his goal a tap in, both him and Davis hooked before the 90 minutes. It'll be hurting them to be in third now.

Sinclair's putting in great performances again thankfully and that's helping, good to see young henderson getting out for a spell, he seemed a bit over awed at the start but did set up the last goal it'll only serve him well.

Main Street

Henderson and Weah look to be great pals already judging by their demeanor. Two 18 year old coming on as subs in front of  55.000 fans at Celtic Park and one ends up assisting the other to score. That's the stuff of dreams.

paddyjohn

Quote from: MoChara on January 24, 2019, 09:28:37 AM
From what I'm reading Rangers Great Hope Defoe was anonymous yesterday with his goal a tap in, both him and Davis hooked before the 90 minutes. It'll be hurting them to be in third now.

Sinclair's putting in great performances again thankfully and that's helping, good to see young henderson getting out for a spell, he seemed a bit over awed at the start but did set up the last goal it'll only serve him well.

I work with a loyal son of Ibrox who went to the Killie game last night, he said Defoe was knackered after 25mins and Davis didn't figure at all.