America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2023, 08:10:08 PM
So your point was for republicans or northern catholics WHO VILLIFYNTHE UNITED STATES AT EVERY TURN? You're strange

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on May 08, 2023, 08:27:05 PM
So your point was for republicans or northern catholics WHO VILLIFYNTHE UNITED STATES AT EVERY TURN? You're strange

Eh? I'm not sure what your point is. Gaddafi was the main provider, yes American provided funds but Gaddafi provided the guns.

I'm not sure how this point is relevant to fuvking headcases running around mass murdering people and gor Americans and glipes like you attempting to give some justification for having guns based on something that was written 250 years ago..

There are ludicrous laws that were written over 250 years ago in various countries, do you feel they are ok?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on May 08, 2023, 08:40:43 PM
Quote from: whitey on May 08, 2023, 08:27:05 PM

Eh? I'm not sure what your point is. Gaddafi was the main provider, yes American provided funds but Gaddafi provided the guns.

I'm not sure how this point is relevant to fuvking headcases running around mass murdering people and gor Americans and glipes like you attempting to give some justification for having guns based on something that was written 250 years ago..

There are ludicrous laws that were written over 250 years ago in various countries, do you feel they are ok?

I put up a link that chronicled (probably) dozens of instances of where Noraid provided guns and ammunition to the IRA

A lot of the gear was lifted from US Military bases, by US military personnel

Then some clown brought up Vietnam-but the people who fought in Vietnam were the same ones providing the IRA with an enormous amount of weaponry. The IRA weren't too worried about the Vietnamese then we're they?

Follow the thread and you'll see how we got to this part of the discussion.

Milltown Row2

I do, people with guns kill people people without guns don't. But you're looking at a period of over 30 years

In one year alone (2021) there was nearly 49,000 gun related deaths in that great country

Over 35 years there was 3,500 deaths during the troubles
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Gmac

See the ex marine who subdued the mentally ill man on subway in nyc is going to be charged with manslaughter, why would anyone intervene in a situation like this in cities like New York

whitey

Quote from: Gmac on May 11, 2023, 10:34:47 PM
See the ex marine who subdued the mentally ill man on subway in nyc is going to be charged with manslaughter, why would anyone intervene in a situation like this in cities like New York

Saw that

When my kids were younger they took MMA. The coaches were for the most part, former college wrestlers

A trained wrestler can knock someone unconscious in 10 seconds with a choke hold

Why this guy was choking the deceased for something like 10 minutes is beyond me

The immediate bystanders must have felt very threatened because they were helping the Marine pin the guy and did not intervene to help the deceased

It's a tragic event but I'm not surprised he's getting charged

trailer

He should've just shot him with a gun and claimed self defence. The 'Murica way!

J70

You think everything he did is ok, that there is no possible justification for bringing this charge?

J70

I should add, it may turn out that Penny did nothing wrong, but the issue appears to be why he held him in the chokehold for so long. The train only went one stop after Neely boarded, which would generally take only a minute or two at most. Once it stopped in the next station after the trouble had started, should he not have released him and got out of the car?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on May 12, 2023, 03:46:19 PM
I should add, it may turn out that Penny did nothing wrong, but the issue appears to be why he held him in the chokehold for so long. The train only went one stop after Neely boarded, which would generally take only a minute or two at most. Once it stopped in the next station after the trouble had started, should he not have released him and got out of the car?

They're going to find it hard to convict this guy (according to an attorney on Morning Joe)

An argument could be made that they thought he was on drugs due to his behavior and that if they let him up he was liable to attack them. The key witnesses according to the attorney are the bystanders who helped subdue him

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on May 12, 2023, 03:24:21 PM

You think everything he did is ok, that there is no possible justification for bringing this charge?
don't know the full facts so don't know , my point is why would you intervene in a situation in these cities anymore .

J70

Quote from: Gmac on May 12, 2023, 04:37:41 PM

don't know the full facts so don't know , my point is why would you intervene in a situation in these cities anymore .

What do you mean?

Overzealous DA offices?

That's hardly restricted to large liberal cities, depending on the issue in question.

But yeah, I think people will be less inclined to intervene physically depending on the outcome of this, for better or worse.

J70

Quote from: whitey on May 12, 2023, 04:25:10 PM
Quote from: J70 on May 12, 2023, 03:46:19 PM

They're going to find it hard to convict this guy (according to an attorney on Morning Joe)

An argument could be made that they thought he was on drugs due to his behavior and that if they let him up he was liable to attack them. The key witnesses according to the attorney are the bystanders who helped subdue him

That's going to be a big issue all right.

Plus whether given the approaching stop everyone could have just moved away from the guy and got out once the doors opened. Timing could  be important.

Another line joins the F line between those two stations, so the F train they were on might have been held up between stations if another train was coming in off the other line.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on May 12, 2023, 04:54:19 PM
Quote from: Gmac on May 12, 2023, 04:37:41 PM

What do you mean?

Overzealous DA offices?

That's hardly restricted to large liberal cities, depending on the issue in question.

But yeah, I think people will be less inclined to intervene physically depending on the outcome of this, for better or worse.
these lunatics are  everywhere on public transport in cities and are a nuisance at least and a serious danger in most cases but they are still there every day even after being arrested 40+ times
So you must ask yourself who do these cities care about the paying customer or the mentally ill/violent people ? Someone was attacked with a meat cleaver on Bart yesterday and the Bart spokesman says they have more police, mental health professionals and intervention ambassadors on board most trains
How about locking these people away and arrest people who won't pay the fares and arrest anyone intimidating people for no reason?  Most cities ruining regular people's lives to accommodate.05 % of population