America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gmac

Quote from: PMG1 on April 03, 2023, 05:32:24 AM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on April 02, 2023, 01:18:14 AM
Quote from: PMG1 on April 02, 2023, 12:28:27 AM
I am staying in South Beach Miami for a few days, great place, has really changed my mind of USA after a shit holiday in NYC. But can you tell me is weed legal here? I am not joking when I say you literally smell it in the air all the time

Legal in NYC. Did you not smell it everywhere there?

What was shit about your hols in NY, btw?
Was staying downtown Manhattan, full of people coked out of their head, rubbish in the streets, no atmosphere in the pubs, non stop traffic noise, people tramping over the top of each other - that and the fact that I had my wife and daughter with me who basically dragged me round shops from 10 in the morn till 8 at night then were to tired to do anything at night 😂
most US cities are hell holes

Piskin

Quote from: Gmac on April 04, 2023, 03:21:24 AM
Quote from: PMG1 on April 03, 2023, 05:32:24 AM
Quote from: Jell 0 Biafra on April 02, 2023, 01:18:14 AM
Quote from: PMG1 on April 02, 2023, 12:28:27 AM
I am staying in South Beach Miami for a few days, great place, has really changed my mind of USA after a shit holiday in NYC. But can you tell me is weed legal here? I am not joking when I say you literally smell it in the air all the time

Legal in NYC. Did you not smell it everywhere there?

What was shit about your hols in NY, btw?
Was staying downtown Manhattan, full of people coked out of their head, rubbish in the streets, no atmosphere in the pubs, non stop traffic noise, people tramping over the top of each other - that and the fact that I had my wife and daughter with me who basically dragged me round shops from 10 in the morn till 8 at night then were to tired to do anything at night 😂
most US cities are hell holes

Not all...some are shitloles. Los Angeles is both

trailer

Freedom

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-65293737

This shooting takes the US to a grim milestone of more than 160 mass shootings - in which four or more people are shot - so far this year

J70

And little word about it. Or the one a few days back where the bank employee killed five colleagues in Kentucky. In that case, one of the victims was close to some major politicians, of both sides.

whitey

15 people shot dead in Chicago since Friday

Flat out riots all weekend involving hundreds of teenagers in the tourist area

Incoming Mayor asked people not to demonize the rioters

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on April 17, 2023, 12:56:39 PM

If there was no guns how many would have been shot dead? Better rioting in the tourist areas, might get something done?

Would you have demonized the rioters in Derry back in the day?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

What do you do if hundreds or even thousands of teenagers decide to show up at a location and, inevitably, trouble ensues? Honest question (and I'm not talking about arresting those who end up engaged in violence - that's obviously required).

Mock the mayor-elect if you want (and he's an easy target in a situation like this), but does he not have a point in the larger scheme about trying to address engaging them and providing adult supervision?

The likes of Trump would be screaming about "thugs" and needing a heavy police response or even the military, but would that be any more helpful?

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on April 17, 2023, 01:26:47 PM
What do you do if hundreds or even thousands of teenagers decide to show up at a location and, inevitably, trouble ensues? Honest question (and I'm not talking about arresting those who end up engaged in violence - that's obviously required).

Mock the mayor-elect if you want (and he's an easy target in a situation like this), but does he not have a point in the larger scheme about trying to address engaging them and providing adult supervision?

The likes of Trump would be screaming about "thugs" and needing a heavy police response or even the military, but would that be any more helpful?
the people of Chicago vote these politicians in so they deserve what they get , anyone who can get out of there will and they will be better off

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on April 17, 2023, 01:11:35 PM
Quote from: whitey on April 17, 2023, 12:56:39 PM

If there was no guns how many would have been shot dead? Better rioting in the tourist areas, might get something done?

Would you have demonized the rioters in Derry back in the day?

If they behaved like the teenagers did in Chicago on Saturday night, then yes-100%

whitey

I don't know-how would you deal with a complete break down in societal norms

Ever see this video?

https://twitter.com/bigdave2022/status/1575606411177775105?s=20

How exactly would you "supervise" people like this?

Maybe they could hire some of the docents they fired from the Art Institute (because they were white) to act as chaperons

https://mobile.twitter.com/CPD1617Scanner/status/1647434720265871362

J70

Quote from: whitey on April 17, 2023, 07:48:28 PM

Ever see this video?

Maybe they could hire some of the docents they fired from the Art Institute (because they were white) to act as chaperons

So prickly sarcasm and nothing else to offer?

You reckon all of the hundreds of kids in question are packing guns like those kids were?

That large groups of teenagers, like just about any other large gathering, can respond to and follow the worst elements among them, even though they themselves might not be that way inclined?

whitey

Quote from: J70 on April 17, 2023, 08:00:21 PM
Quote from: whitey on April 17, 2023, 07:48:28 PM

Ever see this video?

So prickly sarcasm and nothing else to offer?

You reckon all of the hundreds of kids in question are packing guns like those kids were?

That large groups of teenagers, like just about any other large gathering, can respond to and follow the worst elements among them, even though they themselves might not be that way inclined?

I'm a realist

How exactly do you "supervise" a mob?

Because that's what they were and behaved like-a mob

J70

But he (the mayor elect) wasn't talking about supervising a mob. His point was that these kids shouldn't have been on the street in the first place if they were properly engaged and had adult supervision.

Edit: And yeah, I did ask how you do handle the mob, but that's a separate question and probably futile.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on April 17, 2023, 08:13:22 PM
But he (the mayor elect) wasn't talking about supervising a mob. His point was that these kids shouldn't have been on the street in the first place if they were properly engaged and had adult supervision.

Edit: And yeah, I did ask how you do handle the mob, but that's a separate question and probably futile.

So now you're crossing a line that absolutely cannot cross with progressives

Criticizing African American parents for their parenting skills

whitey

Quote from: J70 on April 18, 2023, 01:24:53 AM
Quote from: whitey on April 17, 2023, 08:43:40 PM
Quote from: J70 on April 17, 2023, 08:13:22 PM

So now you're crossing a line that absolutely cannot cross with progressives

Criticizing African American parents for their parenting skills

Don't you mean some specific African American parents, assuming these kids were predominantly black?

Like kids from disadvantaged backgrounds the world over, race itself has little to do with it.

I'm not a progressive.

I never said you were a progressive

I said Progressives loose the plot when people criticize African American Parenting and 90% of the people I saw in the video were AA

I'm confused- what does being disadvantaged  have to do with them choosing to travel several miles from their  own neighborhood into downtown Chicago to participate in a riot?

W