Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2023, 10:43:24 PM
Quote from: whitey on March 28, 2023, 10:40:53 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2023, 10:02:24 PM
Multiple cars, dogs, cats, children. I See your logic ;D

You obviously don't live here

Very common for people to have multiple houses, cars, jobs, boats, businesses

Equating them to automatic weapons is just daft though.

Wondering if your child will survive school must be a strange one

My young kids have been through multiple active shooter drills.

The price of "freedom" apparently.

As are the dead primary school aged kids of Sandy Hook, Uvalde and now Nashville.

And countless older school and university kids.

Milltown Row2

It's the normalising those drills for kids that is bizarre, as I posted earlier no school shootings in the uk since Dunblane..

Americans are a strange bunch
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

J70

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 28, 2023, 10:48:51 PM
It's the normalising those drills for kids that is bizarre, as I posted earlier no school shootings in the uk since Dunblane..

Americans are a strange bunch

The gun nuts have been utterly brainwashed. Gun ownership (of any type of weapon they desire) is a part of the culture war that has been surrendered as only one side has any significant number of motivated voters.

And they couldn't give a single f**k about someone else's dead child.

Wildweasel74

3 of them girls are only 9, that's horrendous. starting to think America got bigger problems that guns. Place seems to have a higher % of nuts than other countries. Kinda hard given some of the clientell running round Northern Ireland.

whitey

I said no one needed automatic weapons and I'm not against banning them

There are legit reasons people would have more than one hand gun

93-DY-SAM

The argument that more good people need guns to protect themselves from bad people with guns. At what point does America become safe and have enough guns?  When every man, woman and child is carrying one?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on March 29, 2023, 12:22:43 AM

I said no one needed automatic weapons and I'm not against banning them

There are legit reasons people would have more than one hand gun

Do the majority of people living in America live in built up areas/city's? So hunting wouldn't be a big thing? Unless you like hunting 9 year old school kids I suppose then you probably do need up to 7 guns
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on March 28, 2023, 11:08:33 PM
3 of them girls are only 9, that's horrendous. starting to think America got bigger problems that guns. Place seems to have a higher % of nuts than other countries. Kinda hard given some of the clientell running round Northern Ireland.

They have mentally ill people the world over. Regular mass shootings are a uniquely American problem.

The problem is the guns.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on March 29, 2023, 07:22:18 AM
The argument that more good people need guns to protect themselves from bad people with guns. At what point does America become safe and have enough guns?  When every man, woman and child is carrying one?

If guns kept people safer we'd be allowed to carry them on commercial flights with no restrictions.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on March 29, 2023, 07:36:59 AM
Do the majority of people living in America live in built up areas/city's? So hunting wouldn't be a big thing? Unless you like hunting 9 year old school kids I suppose then you probably do need up to 7 guns

83% of people in America live in urban areas.

FL/MAYO

The man who did the Pulse nightclub shooting in Orlando was on a do not fly list yet he was able to legally purchase firearms. Too dangerous to fly yet safe enough to purchase weapons, it's crazy 😧.

Gmac

The last 3 years have done with any chance of gun control I'm afraid.

J70

Sandy Hook killed gun control once and for all.

When the c***ts were able to brazen their way through that unspeakable atrocity, they could see off anything.

It's almost forgotten today, but that f**ker in Las Vegas in 2017 shot more than 500 people.

Think about that!

And the only response was the feeble bump stock ban, and even that is currently being challenged through the courts by the gun lunatics and will probably end up in front of the Supreme Court.

Gmac

Yesterdays news will see a spike in gun purchases I'm sure , maybe that's what this administration wants though.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on March 31, 2023, 03:16:57 PM
Yesterdays news will see a spike in gun purchases I'm sure , maybe that's what this administration wants though.

Yes, THEY'RE the ones calling for violence and protest.

Not the loudmouth wannabe tough guy and his minions. ::)