America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Maybe it will make the mass murder of kids stay in the headlines for an extra day.

But probably not.

jcpen

Quote from: Taylor on March 28, 2023, 11:13:05 AM
What sex/preferences etc the shooter is hardly matters in this instance though.

The headline should be yet another mass shooting in a school in the US & those poor families - nothing else

It should be all be about the mass shooting is right. Some seem to be more offended over the misgendering of the shooter though

https://twitter.com/iamyesyouareno/status/1640580770262573057?s=46&t=yehLzYU6JEaTwS-hVH9NqA
This is one of my 3 usernames.

whitey

Quote from: jcpen on March 28, 2023, 01:39:31 PM

The headline should be yet another mass shooting in a school in the US & those poor families - nothing else

It should be all be about the mass shooting is right. Some seem to be more offended over the misgendering of the shooter though

https://twitter.com/iamyesyouareno/status/1640580770262573057?s=46&t=yehLzYU6JEaTwS-hVH9NqA

LOL-it reminds me of the day my niece was trying to explain what non binary meant to my 84 year old father in law. Let's just say they didn't make any progress

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on March 28, 2023, 01:54:28 PM

LOL-it reminds me of the day my niece was trying to explain what non binary meant to my 84 year old father in law. Let's just say they didn't make any progress

Maybe if he'd turned his hearing aid up he would have heard what she had to say ;)
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

RedHand88

Sigh... Liberals.

Gmac

She was seeing a doctor for mental illness, of course , she also had purchased 7 weapons legally

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Gmac on March 28, 2023, 06:28:58 PM
She was seeing a doctor for mental illness, of course , she also had purchased 7 weapons legally

20% of Americans are seeing psychiatrists, what's your point?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

dec

Exercising her god given and second amendment protected right to keep and bear arms.

Milltown Row2

Quote from: dec on March 28, 2023, 06:45:20 PM

Exercising her god given and second amendment protected right to keep and bear arms.

I wonder does it change the view of a parent who's into guns if their child is killed because of them?

Has there been a school shooting in the UK since Dunblane?

Gmac

Quote from: dec on March 28, 2023, 06:45:20 PM

time to stop encouraging mental illness and promoting the trans genocide bs
If I have medical problem that impacts my driving my license is revoked time for universal background checks and ban sale of certain guns to the general public.

J70

Quote from: Gmac on March 28, 2023, 06:51:38 PM
time for universal background checks and ban sale of certain guns to the general public.

Careful gmac.

Sensible statements like that will get you dismissed as a bleeding heart progressive in much of the US.

armaghniac

Anyone that is not sure if they are a man or a woman should be banned straight off from having an automatic weapon.
If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B

Jell 0 Biafra

Seeing as it's almost always straight men who do this, it would make more sense to ban anyone who is sure they're one of those.

Gabriel_Hurl

Quote from: armaghniac on March 28, 2023, 07:32:22 PM
Anyone that is not sure if they are a man or a woman should be banned straight off from having an automatic weapon.

agreed

Tony Baloney

Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on March 28, 2023, 07:44:27 PM
Quote from: armaghniac on March 28, 2023, 07:32:22 PM

agreed
Yep there should be an exceptionally high bar to prove you need to own one (it should be a very small %age of people).