America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

Quote from: J70 on June 02, 2022, 10:23:46 AM
Quote from: omochain on June 02, 2022, 06:13:20 AM
Quote from: Gmac on June 02, 2022, 01:24:42 AM
40 odd shot in Chicago last weekend gun violence out of control

You are correct. Gun violence is out of control. What do you suggest we do to control it.?

He doesn't have anything to suggest.

People in Chicago can cross the state line south of the city and go into Indiana where it's a virtual free for all when it comes to guns. Starting next month, no permits or background checks even needed for 18 year olds and up for handguns. Any guns the cops seize can be immediately replaced from the endless supply from the surrounding states.

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/exclusive-jamel-danzy-speaks-cbs-2-charlie-de-mar-buying-gun-used-death-chicago-officer-ella-french/?ftag=CNM-16-10abd6g

A fuvkin teacher with a masters degree was the straw buyer for a handgun that killed a female Chicago cop. Straw buyers should be facing 20 years in jail

J70

Quote from: whitey on June 02, 2022, 12:06:52 PM

You are correct. Gun violence is out of control. What do you suggest we do to control it.?

People in Chicago can cross the state line south of the city and go into Indiana where it's a virtual free for all when it comes to guns. Starting next month, no permits or background checks even needed for 18 year olds and up for handguns. Any guns the cops seize can be immediately replaced from the endless supply from the surrounding states.

https://www.cbsnews.com/chicago/news/exclusive-jamel-danzy-speaks-cbs-2-charlie-de-mar-buying-gun-used-death-chicago-officer-ella-french/?ftag=CNM-16-10abd6g

A fuvkin teacher with a masters degree was the straw buyer for a handgun that killed a female Chicago cop. Straw buyers should be facing 20 years in jail

Yep.

Baile an tuaigh

This is the crime statistics for April in Chicago. Usually when the weather warms up these numbers climb rapidly.

Mikhail Prokhorov

Quote from: 93-DY-SAM on June 02, 2022, 10:35:01 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on June 02, 2022, 10:29:49 AM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on June 02, 2022, 12:52:54 AM
https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-06-01/tulsa-police-multiple-people-shot-at-medical-building

Arm the doctors and nurses

It was the person that left the door open that caused it

No, they need to arm all doctors and nurses with guns. After all, the only thing that can stop a bad guy with a gun is a good one. Unless they are chicken shit scared like cops in Texas.

The whole thing is fecked up beyond belief.

it's almost like getting a gun is too easy  >:(

Gmac

I could buy guns , drugs and all sorts of stolen property pretty close to where I live any day if I choose too but I do not , what's going on in inner cities and poorer communities is a cultural problem, if you lived in a nice home or in downtown Chicago anywhere within 15/20 minutes where all this crime is taking place do you think people are going to give up their firearms  ?
Raise the age to buy guns , no sale of guns to anyone who fails background check , mandated safety course to be taken before buying a gun .

JoG2

Quote from: Gmac on June 02, 2022, 02:58:23 PM

I could buy guns , drugs and all sorts of stolen property pretty close to where I live any day if I choose too but I do not , what's going on in inner cities and poorer communities is a cultural problem, if you lived in a nice home or in downtown Chicago anywhere within 15/20 minutes where all this crime is taking place do you think people are going to give up their firearms  ?
Raise the age to buy guns , no sale of guns to anyone who fails background check , mandated safety course to be taken before buying a gun .

Why do they have guns in the first place? Not another suburb in a devoloped city outside of the the USA is full of houses, full of firearms. Absolutely insane

J70

And there are socially deprived inner cities and towns all over the world with gang activity, crime, drug abuse and violence. Most of them aren't sitting with rivers of guns flowing into them fueling the never-ending escalation of murder and people getting caught in the crossfire that is present in Chicago and other American cities.

Eamonnca1

Yup. This is why Chicago is the only city the gun nuts ever want to talk about. Never Santa Barbera, never Pismo Beach, never Seattle, only Chicago. Chicago, Chicago, Chicago. I sometimes wonder if it's the only city other than their own that the gun nuts have even heard of.

Gmac

Quote from: J70 on June 02, 2022, 03:41:03 PM
And there are socially deprived inner cities and towns all over the world with gang activity, crime, drug abuse and violence. Most of them aren't sitting with rivers of guns flowing into them fueling the never-ending escalation of murder and people getting caught in the crossfire that is present in Chicago and other American cities.
they don't shoot Waco there in Mexico , Brazil , anywhere in Central America or Africa?
Watch out for Ukraine in the coming years

J70

Quote from: Gmac on June 02, 2022, 05:35:20 PM
Quote from: J70 on June 02, 2022, 03:41:03 PM
they don't shoot Waco there in Mexico , Brazil , anywhere in Central America or Africa?
Watch out for Ukraine in the coming years

I don't know what that means.

seafoid

Murder rate per 100k
St Louis 65.54
Baltimore 58.27
Birmingham 50.62
Detroit 41.45
Dayton 34.18
Baton Rouge 31.72
New Orleans 30.67
Kansas 29.88
Memphis 29.21

I wonder how rates were in the 60s

Gmac

Quote from: seafoid on June 07, 2022, 11:06:30 AM
Murder rate per 100k
St Louis 65.54
Baltimore 58.27
Birmingham 50.62
Detroit 41.45
Dayton 34.18
Baton Rouge 31.72
New Orleans 30.67
Kansas 29.88
Memphis 29.21

probably 95% gang related in these cities.

93-DY-SAM

Quote from: Gmac on June 07, 2022, 04:59:54 PM
Quote from: seafoid on June 07, 2022, 11:06:30 AM
Murder rate per 100k
St Louis 65.54
Baltimore 58.27
Birmingham 50.62
Detroit 41.45
Dayton 34.18
Baton Rouge 31.72
New Orleans 30.67
Kansas 29.88
Memphis 29.21

probably 95% gang related in these cities.

Ah sure that's ok then.  ::)