America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

whitey

It's a thankless job Milltown

These guys put their lives on the line every day when they go to work protecting the regular law abiding people in these neighborhoods

One mistake chasing an armed suspect on a dark street and you could end up (a) dead (b) facing decades in jail

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.bostonherald.com/2021/11/21/boston-police-squad-tackles-gun-toting-suspect-who-says-thank-you-for-not-shooting-me/amp/

Wildweasel74

Worried about their own life's, why? Did the kid draw on them? How about identitfying if he was the correct person to start with,. How was he threating, was he Branding a gun in plain sign.?why they not ask him to raise his hand and get on the ground? Did they ask if he was armed? Sorta looks like the shoot to kill policy the RUC operated, and we looking some of them jailed yrs later, but in America people are regularly killed by police following no procedure. How these clowns get a job and how come they don't see jail+?

whitey

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on December 31, 2021, 11:59:27 PM
Worried about their own life's, why? Did the kid draw on them? How about identitfying if he was the correct person to start with,. How was he threating, was he Branding a gun in plain sign.?why they not ask him to raise his hand and get on the ground? Did they ask if he was armed? Sorta looks like the shoot to kill policy the RUC operated and we looking lf them jailed yrs later but in America people are regularly killed by police following no procedure. How these clowns get a job and how come they don't see jail+?

It was thoroughly investigated and they were exonerated based on the FACTS.....not what YOU heard on CNN

They showed up to a situation that was entirely different to what the dispatcher told them they were showing up to

Wildweasel74

Did the lad draw a gun on they or not? That's a simple yes or no?

whitey

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 01, 2022, 12:36:28 AM

According to the report

"At that moment, it appears that Tamir made movements of some sort with both his left and right arms.  The positioning of the moving arms suggests that Tamir's hands were in the vicinity of his waist, but his hands are not visible in the video. "

So are the cops supposed to wait for him to start blasting them before they take action?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on January 01, 2022, 01:02:48 AM

According to the report

"At that moment, it appears that Tamir made movements of some sort with both his left and right arms.  The positioning of the moving arms suggests that Tamir's hands were in the vicinity of his waist, but his hands are not visible in the video. "

So are the cops supposed to wait for him to start blasting them before they take action?

Imagine? Blasting them with a toy gun!? The carnage
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on January 01, 2022, 02:00:42 AM

According to the report

That's not what they were told he had by the dispatcher

"Thus, the officers believed that they were responding to a playground where a grown man was brandishing a real gun at individuals, presumably including children."

RedHand88

According to the report

First of all it wasn't a "toy gun", it was an airsoft BB gun with the orange tip removed. The tip would have identified it as non lethal.

What would you do presented with that situation, knowing that hesitating could very well leave you dead?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: RedHand88 on January 01, 2022, 09:09:38 AM

According to the report

First of all it wasn't a "toy gun", it was an airsoft BB gun with the orange tip removed. The tip would have identified it as non lethal.

What would you do presented with that situation, knowing that hesitating could very well leave you dead?

He was 12, the chances he had a real loaded gun were slim to nothing, pulling up 4 feet away ( spare me the car slid 40 feet ffs) I'd have not put my self in a position of danger, I'd have asked him to put the toy gun down, there was no one else in the park so no danger to anyone but himself at this point, I'd have used my training and assessed it to be not a code 1 I'd have worked out he wasn't an adult either.

Here's what I would have done, I'd have waited more than two seconds to fire 2 shots into a 12 year old. The cop said he gave multiple warnings (in two seconds?!) if I can say that in one second I'd be doing well, ear witnesses heard the shots, then the warnings being shouted.

The cop lost his job in another police force but managed to get a job in Cleveland police department ffs!  A f**king liability on the loose, the other cop was done for assault before this incident. Two people you don't want with a gun, the police union are trying to get his job back ffs!

This is the same police who used up to 40 police cars chasing someone who didn't use a indicator and claimed the car was shooting at them, but it was a backfire, no guns no shooting from in the car but 137 shots fired into the car, one cop jumped up onto the car bonnet and was shooting like he was in some arcade game!

The police need training or accountability or both. There are bad guys and they need to be taken down but Christ the night when you watch or read some of these incidents you do wonder
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whitey

Milltown Row

I think we agree on about 80% of what went on here

Cops should have been fired and prosecuted. The guy who shot Tamir should never have been hired in the first place. I'm also skeptical of the car skidding 40 feet, but if it made it into the DOJ report it probably happened.

But from 3000 miles away, the comfort of your sitting room and the benefit of watching and rewatching the video multiple times making statements like they should have known the gun was a fake and they should have known he was a juvenile is just pure rubbish

They were responding to a code 1 of an adult male with a real gun......not a cat stuck in a tree

Wildweasel74

How come a neo-nazi can walk up to the police with a automatic and not get shot Whitey. Was he not identified as a danger? Were the police not in fear of their life? Police in fear of their life, what way would they have cut it over here during the troubles? Probably shot up a couple of suspects without no evident of a gun present.

Gmac

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 01, 2022, 07:46:17 PM
How come a neo-nazi can walk up to the police with a automatic and not get shoot Whitey. Was he not identified as a danger? Were the police not in fear of their life? Police in fear of their life, what way would they have cut it over here during the troubles? Probably shot up a couple of suspects without no evident of a gun present.
what are you talking about

whitey

Quote from: Wildweasel74 on January 01, 2022, 07:46:17 PM
How come a neo-nazi can walk up to the police with a automatic and not get shoot Whitey. Was he not identified as a danger? Were the police not in fear of their life? Police in fear of their life, what way would they have cut it over here during the troubles? Probably shot up a couple of suspects without no evident of a gun present.

Because he wasn't breaking any laws and posed no threat to anyone that night apart from 3 Antifa low lives who tried to murder him

whitey

Speaking of the Troubles....you guys realize that NORAID was almost entirely funded by AOH/FOP types in the big cities with sizable  Irish American populations

You had no problem with them when they were sending you guns and money and getting Visas for Gerry Adams when he was banned from the country

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on January 01, 2022, 08:23:59 PM
Speaking of the Troubles....you guys realize that NORAID was almost entirely funded by AOH/FOP types in the big cities with sizable  Irish American populations

You had no problem with them when they were sending you guns and money and getting Visas for Gerry Adams when he was banned from the country

Who is 'use' ?