Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 31, 2021, 12:09:18 AM
Quote from: whitey on December 31, 2021, 12:06:34 AM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 30, 2021, 11:57:01 PM
Watch the footage.

I did

Righty O...

They should ban toy guns

Agree....

"Throughout the day, Tamir was frequently seen playing with a toy black airsoft pistol with a removable magazine that was visually virtually indistinguishable from a real .45 Colt semi-automatic pistol"

If I were a cop, I'd say fvck it. Pull up 30 yards away and put on the siren. If he ran away so be it......I''d  the same paycheck at the end of the week whether I apprehend the guy or not.

If it happened to be a real gun, and the un apprehended suspect went on to kill someone with it, well it's someone else problem

Wildweasel74

So how come this person with a toy gun was shot and a white neo nazi running round with a autonatic was fit to walk up to the police. Cop decide this wasn't a registered gun owner foreby the fact he's on a police force and can't identify a 12yr old child.

Milltown Row2

So ban toy guns but keep real ones, brilliant.

The family were paid 6 million in a civil case. The cop was assessed to be dysfunctional and sacked but it was a lawful killing of a 12 year old black kid.

This is why I wouldn't entertain the States as a place to bring up kids, normalising these killings and the way the police union will go to any lengths to defend them them is sickening.

A professional cop, should have the training to assess whether it's a boy or an adult, whether it's a real gun or fake, how to approach a possible real gun (don't drive 4 feet away) situation. Use of taser, assess who is at risk. How it was translated to the cops as code 1, that person needs to lose their job also.

The policy of shoot first seems to go against Protect and Serve ethos.

None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 31, 2021, 10:04:12 AM

The family were paid 6 million in a civil case. The cop was assessed to be dysfunctional and sacked but it was a lawful killing of a 12 year old black kid.

This is why I wouldn't entertain the States as a place to bring up kids, normalising these killings and the way the police union will go to any lengths to defend them them is sickening.

A professional cop, should have the training to assess whether it's a boy or an adult, whether it's a real gun or fake, how to approach a possible real gun (don't drive 4 feet away) situation. Use of taser, assess who is at risk. How it was translated to the cops as code 1, that person needs to lose their job also.

You have a constitutional right to own a gun so they can't be "banned".

Yes, cops should have been fired and prosecuted-I agree

But it's not as cut and dry as you make it out to be

Gun was indistinguishable from a real gun
The cops intended to stop the car further away but it skidded.
Dispatcher never told them it might be kid
Dispatcher never told them it might be a toy gun

general_lee

Seems any spastic with his eyes painted on can become a cop in America

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on December 31, 2021, 12:55:12 PM

Was convenient that it skidded to within 4 feet, the interview of the police office showed him to be not wise.

It still doesn't say how the shooter claimed he was a black male even being 4 feet away ( have you ever stood 4 feet away from someone in broad daylight and thought a 12 year old was an adult? )

When you get cases like this it really puts up red flags in how these numpties get a job and how are they trained! Is there a basic qualification needed to at least get an interview? Like A levels type?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 31, 2021, 03:20:55 PM

Was convenient that it skidded to within 4 feet, the interview of the police office showed him to be not wise.

It still doesn't say how the shooter claimed he was a black male even being 4 feet away ( have you ever stood 4 feet away from someone in broad daylight and thought a 12 year old was an adult? )

When you get cases like this it really puts up red flags in how these numpties get a job and how are they trained! Is there a basic qualification needed to at least get an interview? Like A levels type?

READ THE REPORT

READ THE REPORT

READ THE REPORT

READ THE REPORT

READ THE REPORT

READ THE REPORT

"At approximately 3:11 p.m., an individual made a "911" call to report that a "guy with a pistol" was pointing a gun at multiple people on the playground at the CPRC.  The caller gave a detailed description of the individual, stated that he was "probably a juvenile," and that the gun was "probably fake," but he also described the scene as very frightening.  On the date of the incident, Tamir was 12-years-old and stood 5'7" and 195 lbs.

A 911 dispatcher subsequently broadcast the call as a "Code 1" (the highest priority call) and Officers Garmback and Loehmann radioed that they would respond.  The information the dispatcher relayed to Officers Garmback and Loehmann was "there's a black male sitting on the swing.  He's wearing a camouflage hat, a gray jacket with black sleeves.  He keeps pulling a gun out of his pants and pointing it at people."  The dispatcher did not relay that the individual might be a juvenile or that the gun might be fake.  Thus, the officers believed that they were responding to a playground where a grown man was brandishing a real gun at individuals, presumably including children."

Gabriel_Hurl

What does the leather on police boots taste like?

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on December 31, 2021, 03:26:46 PM

READ THE REPORT

READ THE REPORT

READ THE REPORT

READ THE REPORT

READ THE REPORT

READ THE REPORT

"At approximately 3:11 p.m., an individual made a "911" call to report that a "guy with a pistol" was pointing a gun at multiple people on the playground at the CPRC.  The caller gave a detailed description of the individual, stated that he was "probably a juvenile," and that the gun was "probably fake," but he also described the scene as very frightening.  On the date of the incident, Tamir was 12-years-old and stood 5'7" and 195 lbs.

A 911 dispatcher subsequently broadcast the call as a "Code 1" (the highest priority call) and Officers Garmback and Loehmann radioed that they would respond.  The information the dispatcher relayed to Officers Garmback and Loehmann was "there's a black male sitting on the swing.  He's wearing a camouflage hat, a gray jacket with black sleeves.  He keeps pulling a gun out of his pants and pointing it at people."  The dispatcher did not relay that the individual might be a juvenile or that the gun might be fake.  Thus, the officers believed that they were responding to a playground where a grown man was brandishing a real gun at individuals, presumably including children."

The playground was empty, they'd have assessed that already when they arrived. instead the only ones pointing real guns and shooting kids dead were the cops, who had history of being unable to control situations.  Their assessment took 2 seconds

I've watched the footage and read the report, I watched the interview also, he was 12 years old with a toy gun. If you've problems with how someone can't distinguish between that, then that's your bag.

I remember the brits killed a lad holding a paint brush on the Falls years ago during the troubles, knew the family, there was another young lad in Dunloy who went back to an arms dump he had found and told his dad who informed the police, they lay in wait and when that kid went back for a nosey they killed him, if I read the report on those deaths I'd still say they were not justified, if you'd read them you would be happy with it.

It's shoot first and ask questions later, it's not let's see what the real problem is, I suppose I could call in a 911 say my neighbour who's a gun hidden in his waistline( who I don't like) pulled it out a couple of times, and I'm scared, would the cops just shoot him ?

Rossfan

Probably would if he was black.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 31, 2021, 05:01:43 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 31, 2021, 03:26:46 PM

READ THE REPORT

READ THE REPORT

READ THE REPORT

READ THE REPORT

READ THE REPORT

READ THE REPORT

The playground was empty, they'd have assessed that already when they arrived. instead the only ones pointing real guns and shooting kids dead were the cops, who had history of being unable to control situations.  Their assessment took 2 seconds

I've watched the footage and read the report, I watched the interview also, he was 12 years old with a toy gun. If you've problems with how someone can't distinguish between that, then that's your bag.

I remember the brits killed a lad holding a paint brush on the Falls years ago during the troubles, knew the family, there was another young lad in Dunloy who went back to an arms dump he had found and told his dad who informed the police, they lay in wait and when that kid went back for a nosey they killed him, if I read the report on those deaths I'd still say they were not justified, if you'd read them you would be happy with it.

It's shoot first and ask questions later, it's not let's see what the real problem is, I suppose I could call in a 911 say my neighbour who's a gun hidden in his waistline( who I don't like) pulled it out a couple of times, and I'm scared, would the cops just shoot him ?

So when the FACTS demolish your argument you bring up stuff that happened 3000 miles away 5 decades ago in an effort to manufacture some type of narrative

Police were wrong but not entirely to blame

Milltown Row2

The bar is too high to convict these clampits, it's their word against the dead persons. No actual witnesses on the day as there was no one in the park, the only danger he was to anyone was himself if he fell off the swing!

What cops are very good at though is getting their story right, it must be the only thing they work on at cop school.

'Experts' on both sides were brought in. One set said it was unreasonable and the other said it was reasonable. Let's go with the cops on the expert side.

On reading the report (again) it uses the video to suit its own agenda and not a good video when it doesn't suit!

Anyways, America looks like a great place to live. If you're white

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 31, 2021, 06:40:32 PM
The bar is too high to convict these clampits, it's their word against the dead persons. No actual witnesses on the day as there was no one in the park, the only danger he was to anyone was himself if he fell off the swing!

What cops are very good at though is getting their story right, it must be the only thing they work on at cop school.

'Experts' on both sides were brought in. One set said it was unreasonable and the other said it was reasonable. Let's go with the cops on the expert side.

On reading the report (again) it uses the video to suit its own agenda and not a good video when it doesn't suit!

Who do you think the police were trying to protect from the "armed gunman"?

White people or black people?

I'll give you a hint.......it wasn't white people!

https://www.cleveland.com/metro/2014/11/cleveland_neighborhood_where_t.html

Milltown Row2

Quote from: whitey on December 31, 2021, 09:27:04 PM

But they weren't protecting anyone but themselves, as they were worried about their own lives and killed a 12 year old because of it. There was no one ( in their own words on that report you mentioned) in the park when they arrived!

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on December 31, 2021, 09:38:41 PM
Quote from: whitey on December 31, 2021, 09:27:04 PM

But they weren't protecting anyone but themselves, as they were worried about their own lives and killed a 12 year old because of it. There was no one ( in their own words on that report you mentioned) in the park when they arrived!

If they were worried about themselves they'd have stopped about 50 yards away and activated the siren and loudspeaker and told him to drop the gun

Who said anyone was in the park? They were trying to take a gun off the street.....period!

If he made a run for it and they didn't catch him, then they'd have been blamed if he had gone on to shoot someone else (assuming the gun was real, which is what they were told by the dispatcher)