America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

magpie seanie

Quote from: blewuporstuffed on November 06, 2017, 03:51:06 PM
Quote from: stew on November 06, 2017, 02:16:51 PM
Quote from: Rossfan on November 06, 2017, 01:48:22 PM
Who in their right mind would make a total bag of shit President?

I know right! Thankfully the American people came to their senses just in time to ensure Hillary never got the job!

I love it that inept gimps hate the fact that Trump beat their champion Hillory, go vote for Weinsteins mate you clown!

Hillary's inadequacies  dont make Trump  any less of a bag of shit.

Any time he is criticised on here , your go to statement seems to be ' yeah, but Hillary....'

Yes. False equivalence is the term. We all know Hillary would be poor and unimaginative and possibly a bit bent. Which would be utopia compared to the catastrophe that America and the world is now dealing with. I just hope/pray (delete as applicable) that he is removed from office before he does too much irreversible damage.

Sandy Hill

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 06, 2017, 09:02:09 PM

I know right! Thankfully the American people came to their senses just in time to ensure Hillary never got the job!

I love it that inept gimps hate the fact that Trump beat their champion Hillory, go vote for Weinsteins mate you clown!

Any time he is criticised on here , your go to statement seems to be ' yeah, but Hillary....'

Yes. False equivalence is the term. We all know Hillary would be poor and unimaginative and possibly a bit bent. Which would be utopia compared to the catastrophe that America and the world is now dealing with. I just hope/pray (delete as applicable) that he is removed from office before he does too much irreversible damage.

+ 100
"Stercus accidit"

whitey

Quote from: Sandy Hill on November 06, 2017, 09:06:44 PM

+ 100

You guys are in serious fvcking lala land as it pertains to Hillary

What was in the 30,000 emails that were deleted?  It must have been so bad she rolled the dice and risked her entire candidacy to delete and scrub the server.

The Clintons are seriously bad people.....I'm not in Stew's zip code calling her Killary, but Donna Brazille came out and said she feared for her life

That's fvcked up

magpie seanie

Quote from: whitey on November 06, 2017, 09:28:04 PM

+ 100

What was in the 30,000 emails that were deleted?  It must have been so bad she rolled the dice and risked her entire candidacy to delete and scrub the server.

The Clintons are seriously bad people.....I'm not in Stew's zip code calling her Killary, but Donna Brazille came out and said she feared for her life

That's fvcked up

You know what was in those emails? Sweet f**k all. And everyone knows. If I hear anyone talking about those f**king emails again I'm going to lose it. Total and utter horseshit smokescreen bullshit. Sure the same charges could be fired against Kushner and guess what were in his emails - f**k all as well. Until someone comes up with some evidence or tells us what was in them then its f**king playground stuff.....which is exactly the level that Trump operates at. People that can't separate the levels of badness here really worry me. Look where it has got to? Good job the guy in North Korea has more cop on than Trump or we could all be half blown to Mars by now.

whitey

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 06, 2017, 09:38:51 PM

+ 100

That's fvcked up

You know what was in those emails? Sweet f**k all. And everyone knows. If I hear anyone talking about those f**king emails again I'm going to lose it. Total and utter horseshit smokescreen bullshit. Sure the same charges could be fired against Kushner and guess what were in his emails - f**k all as well. Until someone comes up with some evidence or tells us what was in them then its f**king playground stuff.....which is exactly the level that Trump operates at. People that can't separate the levels of badness here really worry me. Look where it has got to? Good job the guy in North Korea has more cop on than Trump or we could all be half blown to Mars by now.

Explain the forensic scrubbing of the server, if you think the emails are a red herring

stew

Quote from: The Iceman on November 06, 2017, 03:54:04 PM
read reports this morning that the shooter's former In-laws attended this Church - maybe he was looking for them?
He was a proclaimed Atheist. Quite an angry one it would seem from some of his FB posts and comments from former class mates. I'm not pointing at Atheism as the culprit here before we go down that rabbit hole. A lot of people said he was depressed. He left behind two kids and a ex wife.

Athiesm has nothing to do with bar fuelling his hatred of faith in God, no one else is to blame here, I wonder how much he was on the authorities radar given his propensity for violence against women, his record and his posting of weapons online he should not have had.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on November 07, 2017, 01:05:24 AM
Quote from: The Iceman on November 06, 2017, 03:54:04 PM
read reports this morning that the shooter's former In-laws attended this Church - maybe he was looking for them?
He was a proclaimed Atheist. Quite an angry one it would seem from some of his FB posts and comments from former class mates. I'm not pointing at Atheism as the culprit here before we go down that rabbit hole. A lot of people said he was depressed. He left behind two kids and a ex wife.

Athiesm has nothing to do with bar fuelling his hatred of faith in God, no one else is to blame here, I wonder how much he was on the authorities radar given his propensity for violence against women, his record and his posting of weapons online he should not have had.
The authorities can't keep tabs on everyone with mental illness who has a gun. Guns have to be regulated
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

blewuporstuffed

One of Trumps first acts as president was to repeal restrictions on people with mental health issues obtaining guns, now he blames the mass shooting epidemic on mental health issues, not guns.
Its beyond belief.  :-\
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

magpie seanie

Quote from: whitey on November 06, 2017, 09:54:01 PM

+ 100

That's fvcked up

Explain the forensic scrubbing of the server, if you think the emails are a red herring

Explain what was in them if you don't. There's zero doubt in my mind this is a nonsense.

whitey

Quote from: magpie seanie on November 07, 2017, 08:33:32 AM

+ 100

That's fvcked up

Explain what was in them if you don't. There's zero doubt in my mind this is a nonsense.

Because there was seriously comprimising and incriminating information contained on it

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/358982-early-comey-memo-accused-clinton-of-gross-negligence-on-emails

Christmas Lights

https://youtu.be/WEExlz7YktI

Trying to find positives amongst a mass murder ffs. Basically, if they where too die at least it was in a church. Deeply religious people like this come across as almost brainwashed

screenexile

Quote from: whitey on November 07, 2017, 10:18:41 AM
Quote from: magpie seanie on November 07, 2017, 08:33:32 AM

+ 100

That's fvcked up

Because there was seriously comprimising and incriminating information contained on it

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/358982-early-comey-memo-accused-clinton-of-gross-negligence-on-emails

You see here's the problem. You've said that there was "compromising and incriminating" evidence in the emails yet put a link to an article which doesn't mention either of these things. The very definition of "Fake News"!!!

NAG1

Genuinely sick to my back teeth of hearing about these emails:

Could someone who tihnks they are a big deal on here please provide me with some information that was contained in them, that would lead to them actually being a big deal?

Please leave out the right wing rhetoric and BS that has blown up around this issue and just detail what these emails were supposed to have contained?

StGallsGAA

I guess no-one will ever know what the deleted emails contained but *if* the Clintons are really as evil as some are making out, then it's also pretty likely they didn't get this far by emailing details of their past/current/upcoming major criminal operations!!  Whatever was contained it's obvious it was embarrassing to the extent they got the server cleaned to hide it.   My guess that's more likely to be stuff like Hillary having and itchy muff or Bill rodding some Uni freshers than plans to execute rivals or import drug shipments from Nicaragua. 

J70

Good NY Times article today on the relationship between gun supply and mass murders. Unsurprisingly, it's a positive correlation. The US is exceeded only by Yemen in the rates of mass shootings.

America's gun homicide rate was 33 per million people in 2009, far exceeding the average among developed countries. In Canada and Britain, it was 5 per million and 0.7 per million, respectively, which also corresponds with differences in gun ownership.

Americans sometimes see this as an expression of deeper problems with crime, a notion ingrained, in part, by a series of films portraying urban gang violence in the early 1990s. But the United States is not actually more prone to crime than other developed countries, according to a landmark 1999 study by Franklin E. Zimring and Gordon Hawkins of the University of California, Berkeley.

Rather, they found, in data that has since been repeatedly confirmed, that American crime is simply more lethal. A New Yorker is just as likely to be robbed as a Londoner, for instance, but the New Yorker is 54 times more likely to be killed in the process.

They concluded that the discrepancy, like so many other anomalies of American violence, came down to guns.

More gun ownership corresponds with more gun murders across virtually every axis: among developed countries, among American states, among American towns and cities and when controlling for crime rates. And gun control legislation tends to reduce gun murders, according to a recent analysis of 130 studies from 10 countries.

This suggests that the guns themselves cause the violence.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/11/07/world/americas/mass-shootings-us-international.html