America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

An Watcher

Feel sorry for those who died but couldn't give a toss anymore about the yanks and their gun culture.  Who in their right mind can support the availability of guns when these killings are becoming such a regular occurrence

Rossfan

Who in their right mind would make a total bag of shit President?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Was reading that a guy in the church was returning fire and him and another gun man chased him down the highway shooting at him in a car doing 95mph!! Thankfully they didnt kill anyone also... but who brings a gun to church? WTF
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

haranguerer

screenexile

Quote from: The Iceman on November 06, 2017, 12:24:11 PM
heganboy why do the antigun folks not think "oh my goodness people are dead" first? did you honestly think first of the reaction of pro-gun people?

I was devastated last night when I read about the shooting. In a church of all places. Kids, a pregnant women, it is sickening.
What am I thinking about it all today?

Why did he target a church? was he angry at God like so many are? why did we lose this guy? how did we miss him? why was he left behind? why did he turn away from God? why didnt he ask for help?

there are lots of people in dark dark places - we need to all be lights. whether you believe that light comes from God or not - we need to be the light that shines in to the darkness, in to the dark corners where people like this shooter live, lost in the darkness and suffering and misery, we need to get to people before they decide to massacre a church or jump off a bridge or walk in to traffic

I'm not a pro-gun nut job. I'm a responsible gun owner who enjoys shooting, a bit of hunting and I'm prepared to protect my family if I ever have to.
My prayers go out for the families who have lost loved ones. Those that were killed are likely saints now. Martyred for their faith - hopefully they are praying for all of us now - Lord knows we need it

We used to think that but now these incidents are becoming so frequent that it's hard not to get angry when it's so clear that the could be radically decreased if a few people in the country showed some f**king balls.

All loss of life is horrible no matter what the cause but when it can be prevented by showing some leadership it should be!!

whitey

Quote from: Rossfan on November 06, 2017, 01:17:10 PM
And how would you feel if the perpetrator was a brown skinned Muslim?

These are 2 parallel discussions that have no business being lumped together

(1) What do we do about gun violence?

(2) Are we properly vetting people we let into the country?

Do some people react differently when a white person commits an atrocity? Yes

Do others use an incident like last week to paint an entire religion in a negative light? Yes

The world isn't perfect and neither is the United States.   People are predisposed to bias and prejudice based on how they are brought up and what they learn in school. The likes of Fox News have a lot to answer for.   Conversely those in the left are so fvckin afraid to offend anyone the can't call a spade a spade when they need to either.

There are people with guns in this country who have no business having guns, and there are people who were let into this country who have no busness being here.  End of

whitey

Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 06, 2017, 01:54:04 PM
Was reading that a guy in the church was returning fire and him and another gun man chased him down the highway shooting at him in a car doing 95mph!! Thankfully they didnt kill anyone also... but who brings a gun to church? WTF

Haha....that's the "good guy with a gun narrative for you".  Complete fvckin madness

My guess is he had the gun out in the car and went out to get it.

If he had it in church and you asked him why, I think he could point make a valid case.

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 06, 2017, 02:01:46 PM
Quote from: Milltown Row2 on November 06, 2017, 01:54:04 PM

Haha....that's the "good guy with a gun narrative for you".  Complete fvckin madness

My guess is he had the gun out in the car and went out to get it.

If he had it in church and you asked him why, I think he could point make a valid case.

Texas AG was saying today that more guns in church will be necessary going forward.

I've no doubt that is what is going to happen.

stew

Quote from: Rossfan on November 06, 2017, 01:17:10 PM
And how would you feel if the perpetrator was a brown skinned Muslim?

Would you ever f**k off looking for racism where there is none!  You are a sickening arsehole with that shite, people died in awful circumstances and the best you can do is talk about brown skinned Muslims, not one person on here hoped the assailant was a brown skinned Muslim, they were too busy reeling from the shock that 26 people died at the hands of a maniac in a Church!

Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

stew

Quote from: Rossfan on November 06, 2017, 01:48:22 PM

I know right! Thankfully the American people came to their senses just in time to ensure Hillary never got the job!

I love it that inept gimps hate the fact that Trump beat their champion Hillory, go vote for Weinsteins mate you clown!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Quote from: stew on November 06, 2017, 02:16:51 PM

I know right! Thankfully the American people came to their senses just in time to ensure Hillary never got the job!

I love it that inept gimps hate the fact that Trump beat their champion Hillory, go vote for Weinsteins mate you clown!
Stew

Trump.is the political equivalent of venereal disease. I wouldn't boast about him. As PJ Ô Rourke observed, Hillary and Trump were both wrong but she was wrong within the normal parameters.

Via FT:
"The intervention of senior administration figures to mitigate or reinterpret impromptu declarations from the Oval Office has become a recurring theme of the six chaotic months of the presidency. The dark threat to North Korea, issued from the clubhouse of the Trump golf resort in New Jersey, illustrated the unpredictability of the commander-in-chief, catching Trump's own advisors unaware with his fiery rhetoric."

blewuporstuffed

Hillary's inadequacies  dont make Trump  any less of a bag of shit.

Any time he is criticised on here , your go to statement seems to be ' yeah, but Hillary....'
I can only please one person per day. Today is not your day. Tomorrow doesn't look good either

The Iceman

read reports this morning that the shooter's former In-laws attended this Church - maybe he was looking for them?
He was a proclaimed Atheist. Quite an angry one it would seem from some of his FB posts and comments from former class mates. I'm not pointing at Atheism as the culprit here before we go down that rabbit hole. A lot of people said he was depressed. He left behind two kids and a ex wife.
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

J70

Quote from: The Iceman on November 06, 2017, 03:54:04 PM
read reports this morning that the shooter's former In-laws attended this Church - maybe he was looking for them?
He was a proclaimed Atheist. Quite an angry one it would seem from some of his FB posts and comments from former class mates. I'm not pointing at Atheism as the culprit here before we go down that rabbit hole. A lot of people said he was depressed. He left behind two kids and a ex wife.

Kicked out the Air Force and jailed for domestic violence, including against his kids.

The Alex Jones universe is proclaiming this as the first wave of the antifa civil war (Saturday being such a letdown for them).

Rossfan

Thankfully I don't live in the Nutcase States of America so can't and don't want to vote for any of ye.
Ye really need to give that Country back to its original owners to run it until ye catch up with the rest of the world.
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM