America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

Quote from: thewobbler on November 05, 2017, 11:33:08 PM
Quote from: Christmas Lights on November 05, 2017, 11:30:05 PM
Quote from: Gabriel_Hurl on November 05, 2017, 11:19:08 PM
Thoughts and prayers to those affected

Thoughts and prayers really aren't worth a f**k to victims at this stage unless there is a sarcasm element in your post.

Unless America change gun laws, these massacres will continue. It's never going to change though, if sandy hook didn't change anything, then america is a lost cause at this stage.

The fact that in some states a 40 year housewife can legally walk around an Asda carrying a concealed gun as she picks up her apples for the week is absolutely baffling.

It's a sad day when you can't put the victims of an atrocity in your thoughts, without being subject to abuse.

Perhaps you are unfamiliar with the choreography of responses to gun atrocities in the states.

If there is no evidence of Islamic or other terrorism, and the massacre appears to be a case of some disturbed or psychopathic individual getting hold of weapons with few obstacles placed in their way, the standard right wing response is to offer "thoughts and prayers" and "now is not the time to talk about gun policies". Basically useless platitudes and avoidance.

If there is even a sniff of Muslim involvement however...

heganboy

Gabe, wobbler, whitey, stew and J70

shite isn't it?

some f**ker kills a bunch of (white) people in a church with an assault weapon, and you can't say the right thing.There is no right thing to say. Anti gun folks are thinking oh my god here comes the thoughts and prayers from the NRA crew and react when you go there. Other folks sit and wait for the Muslim link and when its not there, then the right wing crew have a completely different reaction about not enough good people with guns, but if its a muslim, then immigration is to balme...

you could go on here for years, but minds are made up, logic is out the window, and the "belief crew" take over. The divided country gets more divided, because the "news" and opinion is a cheer leading contest.

So f**k all of you, f**k your so called news, f**k your second amendment, f**k the left and f**k the right. Five year olds who had your christian belief system and were at church worshipping your God are now lying dead because you want the right to bastardize the constitution and to pretend there is an unassailable right (never mind that it is an amendment) for you to have guns. You like guns.

Maybe he/she had a bump stock and you can ban that, because that was the issue, not the gun.

And while I sit here, pissed off and angry vomiting this post, I am aware that it won't matter a jot. Nothing will change, not until rich white people get impacted, and even then, it better be a lot of them, or the needle won't move.So rah rah Donald, Killory to blame, or screw the Republicans, Bernie would have sorted it, but the real truth, which is hard to swallow is, nope none of the political class would have done a thing, because they make too much money from the gun lobby. The money in arms sways the american public because, (augmented by russian investment,) it conveniently divides the country. the right to bear arms is american (say the russians on Facebook)  everyone else can pry it from my cold dead hands(мои холодные мертвые руки)

I miss logic, I miss reason, but most of all, I miss politicians with courage.

26 down, thousands more to follow, Good night, and good luck.
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

stew

Quote from: heganboy on November 06, 2017, 03:28:15 AM

shite isn't it?

some f**ker kills a bunch of (white) people in a church with an assault weapon, and you can't say the right thing.There is no right thing to say. Anti gun folks are thinking oh my god here comes the thoughts and prayers from the NRA crew and react when you go there. Other folks sit and wait for the Muslim link and when its not there, then the right wing crew have a completely different reaction about not enough good people with guns, but if its a muslim, then immigration is to balme...

you could go on here for years, but minds are made up, logic is out the window, and the "belief crew" take over. The divided country gets more divided, because the "news" and opinion is a cheer leading contest.

So f**k all of you, f**k your so called news, f**k your second amendment, f**k the left and f**k the right. Five year olds who had your christian belief system and were at church worshipping your God are now lying dead because you want the right to bastardize the constitution and to pretend there is an unassailable right (never mind that it is an amendment) for you to have guns. You like guns.

Maybe he/she had a bump stock and you can ban that, because that was the issue, not the gun.

And while I sit here, pissed off and angry vomiting this post, I am aware that it won't matter a jot. Nothing will change, not until rich white people get impacted, and even then, it better be a lot of them, or the needle won't move.So rah rah Donald, Killory to blame, or screw the Republicans, Bernie would have sorted it, but the real truth, which is hard to swallow is, nope none of the political class would have done a thing, because they make too much money from the gun lobby. The money in arms sways the american public because, (augmented by russian investment,) it conveniently divides the country. the right to bear arms is american (say the russians on Facebook)  everyone else can pry it from my cold dead hands(мои холодные мертвые руки)

The NRA own Washington, until the Government take on the NRA nothing will change and that will  not happen anytime soon due to the fact the elected tits on the hill are owned by them.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

seafoid

Another massacre. System problem.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

GetOverTheBar

It's actually beyond the point now of thinking, what will provoke change.

I think the only thing, and I really hope this never happens is if there's a casualty of someone linked very high up politically or someone hugely famous or influential that really gets this is order.

This thread will likely continue for decades, it's a massive problem which they just accept.

Hardy

Most people share your despair, heganboy, but maybe there's hope, even in a democracy where dollars count more than votes.

J70

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 06, 2017, 10:34:14 AM

I think the only thing, and I really hope this never happens is if there's a casualty of someone linked very high up politically or someone hugely famous or influential that really gets this is order.

This thread will likely continue for decades, it's a massive problem which they just accept.

Two members of the House of Representatives have been shot (thankfully not fatally) in the past seven years.

Famous people have died or been shot over the years, from singers and actors up to presidents.

Half the country is paranoid that the slightest concession to gun control means confiscation. The NRA and the rest of the gun lobby are nothing if not experts at scaremongering their single issue constituency. (The bump stock discussion petered out within days, yet another illustration of the cynicism of the "thoughts and prayers, now is not the time" crowd.)

And there are so many guns out there at this point that, realistically, anyone determined to get hold of one probably can, whether legal or not, with a bit of work. Gun control laws wouldn't be worth a shit without real efforts to rein in the illegal gun trade, get guns off the street, and proper tracking of weapons.

As I said earlier in the week, thank f**k the lowlife who mowed down the people in the bike path along the Hudson didn't put in the extra work it would take in the NYC area to get real guns.

Rossfan

Time the rest of the World deported all white Americans from their countries.
Those guys are all potential terrorists, come from a Country where people go around carrying guns and kill thousands of their fellow country people annually.
Only a matter of time before they start killing the rest of us.

For the benefit of 6 Cos residents I'd better put one of these in :P
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Denn Forever

When IS the time to talk about it Mr. President?
I have more respect for a man
that says what he means and
means what he says...

seafoid

Quote from: GetOverTheBar on November 06, 2017, 10:34:14 AM

Guns are as American as ethnic cleansing.
The NRA only relates to 20% of Americans but it has an emotional hold on the country.
Maybe it will end like Tammany Hall did. That was another all powerful lobby that did what it liked.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

whitey

Quote from: heganboy on November 06, 2017, 03:28:15 AM

shite isn't it?

Its never going to change.....its part of the culture.

Seeing as he was taken down by "a good guy with a gun" is only going to add fuel to the rhetoric.

There was a law in place that should have prevented him from getting that gun......whoever didnt follow protocol should be charged as an accesory and face life in jail but that will never happen

I know its a selfish thing to say, but Im glad I live in a state with the lowest gun ownership and gun deaths in the country.   I wouldnt let on inside the door

The Iceman

heganboy why do the antigun folks not think "oh my goodness people are dead" first? did you honestly think first of the reaction of pro-gun people?

I was devastated last night when I read about the shooting. In a church of all places. Kids, a pregnant women, it is sickening.
What am I thinking about it all today?

Why did he target a church? was he angry at God like so many are? why did we lose this guy? how did we miss him? why was he left behind? why did he turn away from God? why didnt he ask for help?

there are lots of people in dark dark places - we need to all be lights. whether you believe that light comes from God or not - we need to be the light that shines in to the darkness, in to the dark corners where people like this shooter live, lost in the darkness and suffering and misery, we need to get to people before they decide to massacre a church or jump off a bridge or walk in to traffic

I'm not a pro-gun nut job. I'm a responsible gun owner who enjoys shooting, a bit of hunting and I'm prepared to protect my family if I ever have to.
My prayers go out for the families who have lost loved ones. Those that were killed are likely saints now. Martyred for their faith - hopefully they are praying for all of us now - Lord knows we need it
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

Rossfan

And how would you feel if the perpetrator was a brown skinned Muslim?
Davy's given us a dream to cling to
We're going to bring home the SAM

Milltown Row2

Quote from: Rossfan on November 06, 2017, 01:17:10 PM
And how would you feel if the perpetrator was a brown skinned Muslim?

Or a white skinned Muslim?
None of us are getting out of here alive, so please stop treating yourself like an after thought. Ea

The Iceman

a Muslim gunning down a church of Christians has an obvious motive right? this guy in Texas, we can only speculate - but it isn't hard to question his sanity, the darkness in his life, possible mental illness...

a Muslim gunning down a church would point to the radicalization of someone? kill these people and you'll get XYZ... also possible mental illness to believe that...so I would question their sanity too, their darkness....

we find both men in similar places... the house across the street or next door, out getting the groceries, doing your job.... you can be a light wherever you go. that light has a chance of breaking through with anyone.  Like I said you don't have to believe that light comes from God. You can still be a light, still reach people
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight