Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stew

Quote from: J70 on November 29, 2016, 04:50:51 PM
Quote from: stew on November 29, 2016, 09:00:42 AM
Quote from: Gmac on November 29, 2016, 01:29:10 AM
Quote from: stew on November 29, 2016, 01:23:31 AM
Quote from: Gmac on November 28, 2016, 08:06:12 PM
A legal resident 18 year old Somali native is the shooter . More fodder for trump and supporters .
So let me get this straight, an 18 year old radical Islamic terrorist attacks American citizens and it is Trumps fault? With all due disrespect, go f**k yourself you absolute clampett!
you are a clown of the highest order where did I say it's trumps fault ?
I said its fodder for him and his supporters is that true or false ?

Why mention Trump at all, in your zeal to demonise Trump you did not even have the decency to sympathize with the 11 victims, not you, straight to Trump for you mate!

I seriously doubt Trump and his supporters want attacks by Muslims on American soil.

This attack had nothing to do whatsoever with Trump and his support so why bring him into the equation I wonder?

Since Trump would rather American citizens not be attacked by radical scum with a car and a knife the answer to your inane question is no, it is not fodder for them since they would rather events like this not happen, they have a mandate from the people to govern, fodder is the last thing they need son.

Cheerio. ::)

Stew, in fairness to Gmac, I think he's on YOUR side, politically, at least judging by his posts over the past few months.

And his point is valid. See for example, Trumps ridiculous tweets on the San Bernadino and Orlando terrorist massacres.

I do not have a side, I have conservative leanings in the states but am not a republican, I did not want Obama and he has been worse than I thought and I absolutely hate that odious toad  Hillory.

I have no time for Trump but yer man has no business bringing Trump into the equation, I have many friends in the states and some of them are Trump supporters, in no way shape or form do they want Trumps name attached to events like the Somalian **** knifing students.

Anyway, I have moved on, no matter what way you sliced it American is in the shits no matter either one of them got in, at least it will be an interesting ride and there will be no chance of the President going to Prison.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

whitey

Quote from: J70 on November 29, 2016, 09:07:37 PM
Quote from: whitey on November 29, 2016, 09:01:09 PM
Quote from: J70 on November 29, 2016, 08:44:08 PM
I didn't assume anything. I asked a fair question. You came back with "I don't know" and bullshit complaints about elitism.

NOW you're adding points and specifics to it that you hadn't before. They may be legitimate questions regarding attendance and continuance of aid, but you're only asking them NOW, so spare me the elitism bollocks and whining. You're the only one making assumptions here. I argued my points logically. If you have a problem with what I wrote, then address it. You don't get change what we were discussing after the fact and then declare me an elitist.

Lol....your default position was that I was an Islamophobe, for having the audacity to asking that question. If your still wondering why working class voters have been fleeing the Democrats in droves....re read your post.  As the Irish American guy down the Eire Pub said....people are sick to death of being talked down to.  The scariest part is that you don't even realize you're doing it.....it's second nature for a Democrat

Go ahead and show me, point by point, how and where I made ANY assumptions about you or talked down to you in that post where I asked the question about the significance and implications of whether the Boston bombers or the Somali guy had received free tuition.

Go ahead whitey. It's apparently so clear to you. I'll wait...

Keep digging....your only making it worse. Youre the one who brought his religion into it not me

stew

I didn't assume anything. I asked a fair question. You came back with "I don't know" and bullshit complaints about elitism.

NOW you're adding points and specifics to it that you hadn't before. They may be legitimate questions regarding attendance and continuance of aid, but you're only asking them NOW, so spare me the elitism bollocks and whining. You're the only one making assumptions here. I argued my points logically. If you have a problem with what I wrote, then address it. You don't get change what we were discussing after the fact and then declare me an elitist.

Lol....your default position was that I was an Islamophobe, for having the audacity to asking that question. If your still wondering why working class voters have been fleeing the Democrats in droves....re read your post.  As the Irish American guy down the Eire Pub said....people are sick to death of being talked down to.  The scariest part is that you don't even realize you're doing it.....it's second nature for a Democrat

Go ahead and show me, point by point, how and where I made ANY assumptions about you or talked down to you in that post where I asked the question about the significance and implications of whether the Boston bombers or the Somali guy had received free tuition.

I think we are all jaded at this point with this process and tempers are short, GMAC, I apologise sir.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 29, 2016, 09:23:55 PM

Keep digging....your only making it worse. Youre the one who brought his religion into it not me

Oh, so you didn't ONLY mention the Boston bombers and the Somali murderer? You were talking about ALL mass murderers?

And by the way, I made NO mention of religion at all in the post to which you took such exception and started your idiotic accusations.

Here it is again, just in case you're confused:

Let's say this dude and the marathon bombers WERE getting free tuition or whatever... what exactly is the significance of that and what are the implications?

whitey

Your seriously asking me what significance is and implications are there that a newly arrived "refugee" from Somalia (who entered via Pakistan) just yesterday tried to commit mass murder in the name of Islam, is attending a public university-most likely on the tax payer dime-

From a fiscal viewpoint, do you not think that taxpayers have a right to know by what process and by whose authority these grants were made? (And I would ask the same question off any "refugee" regardless of where they came from and what their skin color was)

muppet

And Trump is the solution!
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on November 29, 2016, 11:34:23 PM

I never said that he was the solution...that's one of a number of reasons traditional Democrats were turned off by their own party thus cycle

J70

Quote from: whitey on November 29, 2016, 11:26:32 PM
Your seriously asking me what significance is and implications are there that a newly arrived "refugee" from Somalia (who entered via Pakistan) just yesterday tried to commit mass murder in the name of Islam, is attending a public university-most likely on the tax payer dime-

From a fiscal viewpoint, do you not think that taxpayers have a right to know by what process and by whose authority these grants were made? (And I would ask the same question off any "refugee" regardless of where they came from and what their skin color was)

Of course they have the right to know.

But you also included the Boston bombers, the younger of whom has been in the US since he was a child and was a college student at the time of the bombings. The only common denominator with the Somali guy is that they became radicalized/violent jihadists while they were students (given that you ultimately made such a big deal of my apparent conclusion regarding the religious issue).

Hence my question about what the significance and implications would be. If you are simply talking about someone abusing their free tuition and there being no institutional response, that's one thing. If you are talking only about refugees getting benefits, that's another. If you're talking about profiling someone based on religion or ethnic background or whatever, that is yet another.

So again, what exactly is the significance of these people getting grants/tuition, assuming they did get it?

Is it the fact that they ended up committing mass murder or the fact that they came in, at varyingly distant points in relation to their acts, as refugees and got benefits, regardless of their radicalization, or the fact that there was no response to abuse of benefits?

By the way, YOU said "I honestly don't know" when I first asked about the significance/implications.

muppet

Quote from: whitey on November 29, 2016, 11:40:33 PM

I never said that he was the solution...that's one of a number of reasons traditional Democrats were turned off by their own party thus cycle

....and by extension.....why Trump won the election. A man who only talks down to people. Bigly!
MWWSI 2017

whitey

Quote from: muppet on November 29, 2016, 11:42:41 PM

....and by extension.....why Trump won the election. A man who only talks down to people. Bigly!

While he may not have addressed your concerns, he sure as hell addressed theirs and that's why he won the election (Now whether he can deliver on any of those promises....that's an entirely different question)

muppet

Quote from: whitey on November 29, 2016, 11:52:01 PM
Quote from: muppet on November 29, 2016, 11:42:41 PM

While he may not have addressed your concerns, he sure as hell addressed theirs and that's why he won the election (Now whether he can deliver on any of those promises....that's an entirely different question)

;D ;D ;D

His campaign was the intellectual equivalent of an email from a Nigerian Princess looking to rest some money in your bank account.
MWWSI 2017

magpie seanie

Anyone can say - "I'm going to create millions of jobs" but frankly anyone who believes that statement when there is no plan at all to make it happen is a fool. Trump won the election due to the Democrats crap candidate and campaign more than anything. He addressed no concerns in any tangible way.

Gabriel_Hurl

QuoteA toddler has now shot a person every week in America for two years straight. Yes, you read that correctly.

Gabriel_Hurl

Five people dead and eight injured after a gunman opens fire at Fort Lauderdale airport in Florida

QuoteArmy National Guard tells ABC News alleged perpetrator Esteban Santiago was honorably discharged about four months ago.

QuoteBroward County Commissioner Chip LaMarca says on Facebook the gunman arrived on a flight from Canada with a checked gun in his bag.

Mr LaMarca said the suspect claimed his bag and went to the bathroom to load the gun before coming out and firing.

Senior officials have told ABC News the suspect flew from Anchorage to Minneapolis, and finally to Fort Lauderdale.

Captain Obvious

Is it normal to be allowed to have a gun in your checked baggage? The American airports baggage area has major flaws where anyone could walk in from outside without any security