America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Iceman

J70 I understand and agree with how you have framed the causes of the problem.  Correct me here if I'm wrong but you seem to sympathize and possibly even condone the current response of attacks on police?
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

J70

Quote from: The Iceman on July 18, 2016, 03:36:00 PM
J70 I understand and agree with how you have framed the causes of the problem.  Correct me here if I'm wrong but you seem to sympathize and possibly even condone the current response of attacks on police?

Really? What have I said that could be interpreted as sypmathizing with or condoning attacks on police?

The Iceman

Quote from: J70 on July 18, 2016, 03:39:03 PM

Really? What have I said that could be interpreted as sypmathizing with or condoning attacks on police?
You're aggressively defending the BLM movement
I will always keep myself mentally alert, physically strong and morally straight

gallsman

That jump could win gold in Rio. :o

J70

Quote from: The Iceman on July 18, 2016, 03:43:48 PM

Defending the reason for their existence. HOW they protest is a separate issue.

If they're getting coopted for rioting or looting, or they are, as a matter of policy, calling for violence against police, then they need to stop and reevaluate what they're doing. If someone gets carried away once in a while in the heat of the moment and lets their rhetoric get out of hand, that is one thing. If repeated incidents of calling for violence or riots occur, that cannot be defended. Hence, my asking Foxcommander for the breakdown on this, given his apparent knowledge of how pervasive it allegedly is.

And I personally have no problem with arrests and charges of people advocating violence, no matter how vague. But, it appears that in America, at least, such speech is legal, up until you make specific or immediate threats.

muppet

This is the biggest achievement of the NRA and GOP in my view.

Anyone that dares to question them or their followers is the enemy. You are ISIS, BLM, Al Queda and cop-killer, all rolled into one. All because you oppose the guns laws and rogue cops shooting innocent people.
MWWSI 2017

The Iceman

Quote from: muppet on July 18, 2016, 04:06:31 PM

Anyone that dares to question them or their followers is the enemy. You are ISIS, BLM, Al Queda and cop-killer, all rolled into one. All because you oppose the guns laws and rogue cops shooting innocent people.
Muppet i disagree and believe the same assertion can be made on both sides. You watch a youtube video of a woman calmly broadcasting her boyfriend bleeding out in the car beside her and already label him as innocent...because facebook says so...

You'll find a lot of typical republican voters voting for an independent candidate this year. I said at the last election a 3rd party is needed as Red is becoming Purple...

Kickham csc

Quote from: J70 on July 18, 2016, 04:04:54 PM

Defending the reason for their existence. HOW they protest is a separate issue.

If they're getting coopted for rioting or looting, or they are, as a matter of policy, calling for violence against police, then they need to stop and reevaluate what they're doing. If someone gets carried away once in a while in the heat of the moment and lets their rhetoric get out of hand, that is one thing. If repeated incidents of calling for violence or riots occur, that cannot be defended. Hence, my asking Foxcommander for the breakdown on this, given his apparent knowledge of how pervasive it allegedly is.

And I personally have no problem with arrests and charges of people advocating violence, no matter how vague. But, it appears that in America, at least, such speech is legal, up until you make specific or immediate threats.

Got agree with that statement. I think that they are directing their ire at the wrong target. The establishment have created a system that is broken and both the Democrats and Republicans are at fault and neither the Democrats or Republicans are interested in finding real solutions.

The politicians are happy to let the police enforce laws that they've made, and use them as a stealth tax collection agency, and mental health triage service, and the only force that is keeping society violently rip each other apart because the gun lobby successfully influences in the favour of any meaningful gun control... and when things go wrong, they'll march with BLM and blame the cops.

BLM should be marching on elected reps place of work, city hall, White House, and Congress, and demanding laws are changed and education improved, and a tax policy that encourages companies to set up or pull employment from areas abject poverty

seafoid

Quote from: Tony Baloney on July 18, 2016, 01:45:01 PM
One of the biggest eye-openers for me over the past few weeks is the prevelance of states permitting open carry. It really is shocking that people can walk about with unconcealed weapons like in a Wild West town.
For me it is that 2 of the cop killers were vets with PTSD. 20 vets a day commit suicide. Another American clusterfuck.
"f**k it, just score"- Donaghy   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IbxG2WwVRjU

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on July 18, 2016, 04:26:03 PM

Muppet i disagree and believe the same assertion can be made on both sides. You watch a youtube video of a woman calmly broadcasting her boyfriend bleeding out in the car beside her and already label him as innocent...because facebook says so...

You'll find a lot of typical republican voters voting for an independent candidate this year. I said at the last election a 3rd party is needed as Red is becoming Purple...

I am labelling him as innocent because that is the LAW in your country, not because of FaceBook.

MWWSI 2017

The Iceman

Quote from: muppet on July 18, 2016, 04:54:53 PM

I am labelling him as innocent because that is the LAW in your country, not because of FaceBook.

Its the country I live in. Ireland is mine. Stephen is my name and it's mine.. ;)

But in your labeling and in your understanding of the situation in your vast experience in law enforcement you have determined that the cop who shot him was wrong.
If you are a cop and a suspect reaches for something in the car that may or may not be a gun - what do you do? The suspect told the cop he had a gun. In the video it looks like it might be on his lap - what do you do?

muppet

Quote from: The Iceman on July 18, 2016, 04:59:12 PM

Its the country I live in. Ireland is mine. Stephen is my name and it's mine.. ;)

But in your labeling and in your understanding of the situation in your vast experience in law enforcement you have determined that the cop who shot him was wrong.
If you are a cop and a suspect reaches for something in the car that may or may not be a gun - what do you do? The suspect told the cop he had a gun. In the video it looks like it might be on his lap - what do you do?

You get the benefit of the doubt of arguing for the cop, while dismissing any of the video as 'FaceBook told you' and sneering at the woman who still had a (literally) smoking gun being pointed at her. You also sneer at my vast experience in law enforcement. You don't want to debate.

You want everyone to believe that it was ok for that cop to shoot that man, and move on, nothing to see here. And then you are astonished when society doesn't move on.

MWWSI 2017

heganboy

Whitey,
Why is that interesting?
Pistorius?
Never underestimate the predictability of stupidity

The Iceman

Quote from: muppet on July 18, 2016, 05:04:30 PM
Quote from: The Iceman on July 18, 2016, 04:59:12 PM

You get the benefit of the doubt of arguing for the cop, while dismissing any of the video as 'FaceBook told you' and sneering at the woman who still had a (literally) smoking gun being pointed at her. You also sneer at my vast experience in law enforcement. You don't want to debate.

You want everyone to believe that it was ok for that cop to shoot that man, and move on, nothing to see here. And then you are astonished when society doesn't move on.
This isn't a debate its a discussion.  I'd like to discuss and get your answer please? What do you do? Shoot or be shot?
What did you make of the cool and calm girlfriend who didn't once look back at her 4yr old child in the back seat but calmly talked through the situation...then fast forward to the news reports the next day and she's had her teeth whitened, extensions added to her hair and is an emotional wreck....then the horse drawn carriage with her draped over it..... whats that all about? this transformation?