America`s Gun Culture

Started by Wildweasel74, December 14, 2012, 06:00:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

J70

I'm in two minds about this one.

First and foremost, they can't be allowed to get away with this. These scumbags need to be arrested and prosecuted. Otherwise, what's stopping any moron with an issue, real or imagined, heading into their local federal government office for whatever and taking over the place.

That said, how to bring it to an end is the issue. Do they blockage them, turn off power and prevent supplies reaching them and just wait them out? Or do they negotiate and try to coax them out once they see the futility of what they're doing?

And sure enough, some moronic minor Republicans were quick off the mark with their support for these idiots. Thankfully, the likes of Cruz and Kasich recognize the wider implications and told them to end it immediately.

Eamonnca1

Quote from: J70 on January 05, 2016, 02:11:41 AM
I'm in two minds about this one.

First and foremost, they can't be allowed to get away with this. These scumbags need to be arrested and prosecuted. Otherwise, what's stopping any moron with an issue, real or imagined, heading into their local federal government office for whatever and taking over the place.

That said, how to bring it to an end is the issue. Do they blockage them, turn off power and prevent supplies reaching them and just wait them out? Or do they negotiate and try to coax them out once they see the futility of what they're doing?

And sure enough, some moronic minor Republicans were quick off the mark with their support for these idiots. Thankfully, the likes of Cruz and Kasich recognize the wider implications and told them to end it immediately.

Air strikes.

screenexile

Does this constitute proper action on guns finally? It's not taking guns out of hands per se but it is a 'f**k you' to the NRA that he's gone the Executive Order route. I'm not sure of the ins and outs but is this the best he can do?

http://edition.cnn.com/2016/01/05/politics/obama-executive-action-gun-control/

Oraisteach

It's very little, screen, and it'll be fought tooth and nail every inch of the way.  Very dispiriting.

As for the Oregon Cowboys, I believe their access to public telephones, public electricity and public roads may well be cut off.  Lovely place to be this frigid time of the year.  Hope they keep their word and stay there for eons.

stew

Quote from: Oraisteach on January 06, 2016, 12:25:37 AM
It's very little, screen, and it'll be fought tooth and nail every inch of the way.  Very dispiriting.

As for the Oregon Cowboys, I believe their access to public telephones, public electricity and public roads may well be cut off.  Lovely place to be this frigid time of the year.  Hope they keep their word and stay there for eons.

They wont, they will be fecked into trucks in body bags if they do not leave peacefully, that said since this prez is in office it might have to wait until Clinton gets in office................................. Feck me they could be there nine years because the Democrats are as useless as teats on a bull! Especially the Prez, maybe he can drop leaflets from the sky asking them to please, pretty please, leave the area! Absolute tosser the Prez, toothless, spineless dolt!
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

J70

Quote from: stew on January 06, 2016, 12:42:53 AM

They wont, they will be fecked into trucks in body bags if they do not leave peacefully, that said since this prez is in office it might have to wait until Clinton gets in office................................. Feck me they could be there nine years because the Democrats are as useless as teats on a bull! Especially the Prez, maybe he can drop leaflets from the sky asking them to please, pretty please, leave the area! Absolute t**ser the Prez, toothless, spineless dolt!

What should Obama do in this case Stew?

Should he forget the lessons Bush (Ruby Ridge) and Clinton (Waco) learned in the early 90s and provoke the gun fight these men say they're ready for?

Or do what Clinton later did with the Montana Freemen and wait, negotiate and eventually trick them into peaceful arrests?

J70

It is very little, despite the predictable hysterics of the GOP presidential candidates and congresssional leaders today.

I do wonder, however, how extending background checks can be unconstitutional when they already exist for 60% of gun sales?? :o

Do these people really think their followers are morons?  ;D

Oraisteach

J70, I've amended my view.  Their followers ARE morons, and they're heavily armed, and incensed by fear-mongering TV ads from Ted Cruz saying that "Obama is going to take your guns."

Eamonnca1

Absolute t**ser the Prez, toothless, spineless dolt!

Does Bin Laden agree?

Eamonnca1

Quote from: J70 on January 06, 2016, 02:53:31 AM
Do these people really think their followers are morons?  ;D

They know their followers are morons.

seafoid

The GOP will not move on gun control

Over to the Indigo girls.

Darkness has a hunger that's insatiable and lightness has a hunger that's hard to hear
I wrapped my fear around me like a blanket. I sailed my ship of safety til I sank it.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HUgwM1Ky228

Ike would not recognize today's GOP
Run by small men in thrall to great wealth and the vicious likes of Wayne la Pierre

another thing that isn't given enough attention in the gun debate is America's problem with mental illness , especially for poor people . Treatment in Ireland is far, far superior

http://www.nybooks.com/articles/2015/12/17/under-lock-key-how-long/

magpie seanie

Quote from: Eamonnca1 on January 06, 2016, 04:45:39 AM
Absolute t**ser the Prez, toothless, spineless dolt!

Does Bin Laden agree?

Best US President of my lifetime and it's not even close.

Hardy

Shocking Remarks

(Try not to watch the annoying video at the bottom - it has nothing to do with the piece.)

magpie seanie

Quote from: Hardy on January 07, 2016, 02:10:31 PM
Shocking Remarks

(Try not to watch the annoying video at the bottom - it has nothing to do with the piece.)

That about sums it up!

whitey

Quote from: magpie seanie on January 07, 2016, 02:35:35 PM
Quote from: Hardy on January 07, 2016, 02:10:31 PM
Shocking Remarks

That about sums it up!

You wouldn't  have 1000 Muslims groping and raping outside a train station on New Year's Eve in TX-LOL