Down has a new Manager

Started by Angus, November 06, 2015, 12:42:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angus

According to reports, two time All-Ireland winner Eamonn Burns has been appointed as the new Down boss.

"Eamonn Burns will undoubtedly bring the same degree of commitment and passion to the job as manager as he did when he was a player and we all wish him well", says County Chairman Sean Rooney.

What you guys think?

T Fearon

Give it a month and see if he's still Down manager

Gold

Down seem v lethargic at present. Real apathy amount supporters.

Would like to see Marty Clarke back and see if they can rise again. They are in Div 1 now so all to play for
"Cheeky Charlie McKenna..."

Red eye

Great to see an appointment made - needs to hit the ground running though as McKenna cup January - only 7 weeks - less Christmas so say 5 weeks to get prepared. Am sure he will too. Down fans need to get behind him - no doubt the County has talent - need all to support him.

stew

I wish him all the worst, being an Armagh man but he was a tremendous footballer and I admired him in a I wish ta feck he was one of us kind of way.

When I say all the worst I meant strictly in GAA terms, in life I have met him and he is a gentleman through and through.
Armagh, the one true love of a mans life.

PAULD123

Quote from: Gold on November 07, 2015, 10:35:07 AM
Down seem v lethargic at present. Real apathy amount supporters.

Would like to see Marty Clarke back and see if they can rise again. They are in Div 1 now so all to play for

Marty is no where near the player he was and it is questionable to say the least if he will ever be that level again. Sad to say his illness is a serious issue and his performances for An Riocht have been far from astounding.