Irelands Greatest Figures

Started by Shortso79, March 22, 2010, 10:57:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nally Stand

Never mind andrea corr, jim's omission from this list is an outrage.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

passedit

Don't Panic

Olly

I notice that there are no religious figures. Surely with a country so enshrined in religion, we should have?
Access to this webpage has been denied . This website has been categorised as "Sexual Material".

Declan

Just to put these sort of polls into context Cheryl Cole was recently voted the the Most Inspirational Woman of the Decade :D :D

Aerlik

No George Best?

Charles Franklin?

Harry Ferguson, the man who revolutionised agriculture?

Martin O'Neill?

Anthony Tohill?

Kenneth Branagh?

Joey Dunlop

Spike Milligan
To find his equal an Irishman is forced to talk to God!

Nally Stand

"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

Nally Stand

Feckitt

Nally Stand, that is the most legendary post in the 5 years that I have been on this board.

Bernard McHugh.  :o  I nearly fell off the chair laughing.  I had forgot all about him ;D

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

give her dixie

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

ziggysego

Testing Accessibility

muppet

Imagine having Daniel O'Connell and Daniel O'Donnell mentioned not only in the same context as great figures but actually listed consecutively.

Despite the current plight of religion how come some one like Saint Colmcille doesn't get a mention, is it because he wasn't in a boy band?

RTE had a good opportunity to copy a BBC idea and make a decent job of it. Instead it is already an embarrassment as they seem to confuse celebrity with relevance.

MWWSI 2017

A Quinn Martin Production

Quote from: Olly on March 24, 2010, 10:01:47 AM
I notice that there are no religious figures. Surely with a country so enshrined in religion, we should have?

Fr Neil Horan...
Antrim - One Of A Dying Breed of Genuine Dual Counties

armaghniac

QuoteDespite the current plight of religion how come some one like Saint Colmcille doesn't get a mention, is it because he wasn't in a boy band?

Actually Colmcille was in a band before he became a Saint.

If at first you don't succeed, then goto Plan B