Orange Order Welcomes Pope Benedict XVI Visit.......NOT

Started by Hereiam, March 24, 2010, 10:45:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hereiam

Well I think this clears everthing up!!!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/northern_ireland/8586255.stm

I think the Pope needs to meet a few of these lads to let them get matters of their chests.

Minder

"When it's too tough for them, it's just right for us"

Hereiam

I suppose its the rawness of the language they use that surprises me. I know it shouldn't as I am well aware of what they are about but they really are a crowd sad men stuck in a world of their own.

ardmhachaabu

Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

ziggysego

Don't worry, if the Pope does visit Ireland, the OO have someone to protect them.

Testing Accessibility

Hardy

Quote"We take this opportunity to call on all the people of our land to examine the Scriptures of the Old and New Testaments, especially on the matter of eternal salvation," the Order said.

Fair enough. I found this:

Doth the wild ass bray when he hath grass? Who hath sent out the wild ass free? or who hath loosed the bands of the wild ass? .... the dumb ass speaking with man's voice forbad the madness of the prophet.

And in what appears to be a separate reference to the DUP wing of the OO:

... for they are gone up to Assyria, a wild ass alone by himself: Ephraim hath hired lovers.

T Fearon

Fair enough, then thse dissident catholics should now see why and indeed tolerate protests against their marching through areas where they are not wanted

Bensars

Listened to this on radio ulster this morning and by the sound of it, there were  strong feelings  against the statement from within the unionist community. All in all, it has been reported as a major own goal for the Orange Order.

bingobus

I look forward to there statement on Islam or muslims which also disagrees greatly with there teachings!!!  ;D

I would wonder how that will go down in the middle east  ;D  ;D

The Subbie

"The Order said it recognised the right of the Pope to visit his flock as it recognises the civil and religious rights of all. "

Aye right ::)