Did Brady covered up child abuse?

Started by longrunsthefox, March 14, 2010, 02:39:56 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Shoud Sean Brady be charged and put before the courts?

Yes-he should be charged
69 (68.3%)
No- he should not
32 (31.7%)

Total Members Voted: 101

pintsofguinness

Quote from: ardmhachaabu on March 16, 2010, 08:09:58 PM
I saw somewhere today that Smyth was a member of the Norbertine Order.  If that's true, it means that Brady was utterless powerless as he couldn't have done a thing about Smyth still being a member of the clergy or anything else for that matter.  There are very strict protocols in place between a diocese and any religious order living inside the boundaries of the diocese.  It's also up the the head of any order to decide what punishment a member should receive and if they should be reported to the authorities

I know that some of you will say none of matters in which case I am wasting my time.  Anyway, I have said all I have to say and won't be replying to any more posts
You do know smyth wasn't stealing stealing pens from the stationary cupboard, he was repeatedly raping children. 

I wonder would you or iceman have the same views if, god forbid, it was one of your children or family that he'd been raping.
Which one of you bitches wants to dance?

longrunsthefox

I saw somewhere today that Smyth was a member of the Norbertine Order.  If that's true, it means that Brady was utterless powerless as he couldn't have done a thing about Smyth still being a member of the clergy or anything else for that matter.  There are very strict protocols in place between a diocese and any religious order living inside the boundaries of the diocese.  It's also up the the head of any order to decide what punishment a member should receive and if they should be reported to the authorities

I know that some of you will say none of matters in which case I am wasting my time.  Anyway, I have said all I have to say and won't be replying to any more posts

I'm sorry little boy that this fat beast buggered and beat you and lots of other children but there were protocols  ::) ... you know... unwritten rules

Protocol... "Unwritten rules or guidelines that are peculiar to every culture or organization, and are supposed to be observed by all parties in the conduct of business, entertaining, negotiating, politics, etc.

Franko

Aha, ardmhachaabu strikes again!  And his credibility drops yet further.

That is amongst the biggest piles of utter shite I have ever read on this board.  Actually, come to think of it, it's no wonder you are not going to reply to any more posts.  If I came out with something like that I'd probably lie low for a while myself.

Main Street

Before omerta strikes all of a sudden, I wouldn't mind some explanation why Ardmhachaabu and Seany are quoting  the Human Rights Act 1998 Article 8  as some reference to support Cardinal Brady's actions,

give her dixie

While listening to the William Crawley show today on Radio Ulster, he interviewed Monsignor Maurice Dooley.
Now, without going into the full details, this man demonstrated exactly what is wrong with the catholic church in Ireland right now. Defending Brady to the last, he said on numerous occasions that Brady was not "Morally Oblidged" to report Smith to the police. Brady did his duty, and broke no criminal or moral law!
He even went futher, and said that "the responsibility for going to the police was the children, their parents, and in the event of no parents, their gaurdians" .

Now, the arrogance in this man while saying all this was scary. I think it shows the church up in it's complete lack of understanding, morality, honesty, compassion, guilt, and a severe lack of respect to it's follower's.
If this man is a reflection of the men in charge of the catholic church in Ireland, then, it may as well close its doors now. The sooner the top brass are removed from power, the better.

Parents right across the north are telling principals of primary schools that they will refuse to allow their child be confirmed by Brady this spring. How can this man stand in front of a congregation right now knowing that everyone in front of him know that he knew about Smith raping 2 children, about how he made them sign a shut up for life agreement, and how Smith was rewarded with a new parish to do it all again, which he did for another 20 years, and until this weekend, never said a word.

There is no defence for Brady as far as i'm concerned. He has to step down for the sake of the people who were abused as children by Smith. He knew what Smith did, he knew it was wrong, he shut the children up, and for 20 more years, Smith abused more children.  Brady said nothing, and ended up Cardinal. He could of saved countless lives, but he choose to save his ass, and that of the Church. Could he look a victim of child abuse straight in the eye and say, "I did all I could"?
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

mylestheslasher

Quote from: give her dixie on March 16, 2010, 09:09:19 PM
While listening to the William Crawley show today on Radio Ulster, he interviewed Monsignor Maurice Dooley.
Now, without going into the full details, this man demonstrated exactly what is wrong with the catholic church in Ireland right now. Defending Brady to the last, he said on numerous occasions that Brady was not "Morally Oblidged" to report Smith to the police. Brady did his duty, and broke no criminal or moral law!
He even went futher, and said that "the responsibility for going to the police was the children, their parents, and in the event of no parents, their gaurdians" .

Now, the arrogance in this man while saying all this was scary. I think it shows the church up in it's complete lack of understanding, morality, honesty, compassion, guilt, and a severe lack of respect to it's follower's.
If this man is a reflection of the men in charge of the catholic church in Ireland, then, it may as well close its doors now. The sooner the top brass are removed from power, the better.

Parents right across the north are telling principals of primary schools that they will refuse to allow their child be confirmed by Brady this spring. How can this man stand in front of a congregation right now knowing that everyone in front of him know that he knew about Smith raping 2 children, about how he made them sign a shut up for life agreement, and how Smith was rewarded with a new parish to do it all again, which he did for another 20 years, and until this weekend, never said a word.

There is no defence for Brady as far as i'm concerned. He has to step down for the sake of the people who were abused as children by Smith. He knew what Smith did, he knew it was wrong, he shut the children up, and for 20 more years, Smith abused more children.  Brady said nothing, and ended up Cardinal. He could of saved countless lives, but he choose to save his ass, and that of the Church. Could he look a victim of child abuse straight in the eye and say, "I did all I could"?

He also sat at home with his evidence when a court case in the north and later in the south prosecuted Smyth and never came forward with what he knew. At this time he could not cry ignorance of paedophilles and their effects. There was a woman on prime time just now. Smyth abused her when she was 6 and her sister at the age of 11. Her sister had depression all her life and died of a drug overdose at the age of 48. This woman brought a picture of herself as a six year old into the studio. A black and white picture of a smiling little girl who was raped by a evil piece of scum. The same as the little kids that sat in front of a 38 year old priest Fr Sean Brady and recounted the horror of what happened to them. Anyone who could sit and listen to the story from the mouths of little kids and not do the right thing thereafter is beyond my comprehension. I'd personally have to be restrained from getting the shotgun. Brady did nothing and that makes him the equal of Smyth - a sc**bag - and I hope he rots in hell with Smyth. Anyone that makes apologies for Brady should really think what they would do if it were there kids in that position because there position on this is pathetic, disgraceful and immoral. Blessed are the children indeed, Blessed is greed and power more like...

edit - here is the little girl in question. Would you protect her or the church..

http://www.independent.ie/independent.ie/editorial/todaysPaper/todayspaper.pdf

orangeman

What planet are these lads living on to think that they can say these things and get away with them ?

Vatican official speaks on responsibility

This afternoon, a Vatican official said that a Roman Catholic confessor can do no more than absolve a sinner, even one who confesses to paedophilia.

The confessor is not required to 'ask the sinner to turn himself in to the authorities,' Gianfranco Girotti said in an interview with the Vatican newspaper L'Osservatore Romano.

Bishop Girotti is responsible for one of the Vatican's three courts. He said: 'The only possible outcome of confession is absolution.'

Asked about recent paedophilia scandals, he said: 'It is not up to the confessor to make (confessions of paedophilia) public, nor to ask the repenter to turn himself in to his superiors.'

Bishop Girotti argued: 'For one thing, the seal of the (confession) sacrament is inviolable, and for another we must not engender mistrust among penitents.'

When a sinner approaches the confessional he 'must expect only absolution from the confessor, and surely not a judgement or an injunction to confess his crime in public.'

Yes I Would

This Dooley **** is livin in a f**king bubble.. This canon law bullshit should be torn to shreds!  They just dont get it and by the looks of things never will, until the church is brought to its knees!!

give her dixie

A few months ago I watched a documentary called "Deliver Us From Evil". It is about a priest in northern California, Oliver O' Grady, who abused children from as young as 1, to a mother of another abuse victim.
The church knew about it from before he was ordained, and until the police caught up with him many many years later, they did nothing about it. He was moved from parish to parish after complaint after complaint.

This documentary includes interviews with O'Grady who describes in grafic detail his behaviour, what made him do it, what the church did, and how he was set up for life with a pension by the church in order to keep quiet. Just as disturbing is the video of Cardinal Mahony in police interviews where he refuses to answer questions, and put himself and the church 1st. The victims dont even register on his radar.

This documentary was nominated for an Oscar for "Best Documentary" in 2007. It is a compelling piece of work, and although it is tough to watch in parts, it is well worth watching to see what happened, what the church did, and how they covered it up. The cover up even goes up to the present Pope.

Please take the time to watch this documentary, and by doing so, you will get a sense of what the victims of abuse went through, and how the church let them down. If anyone thinks Brady should stay in power right now, then I would advise them to watch this and I will gaurantee you that you will have changed your mind by the end of the film.

"Deliver Us From Evil" :       http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7745088455537169028#
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

longrunsthefox

Quote from: give her dixie on March 16, 2010, 11:01:10 PM
A few months ago I watched a documentary called "Deliver Us From Evil". It is about a priest in northern California, Oliver O' Grady, who abused children from as young as 1, to a mother of another abuse victim.
The church knew about it from before he was ordained, and until the police caught up with him many many years later, they did nothing about it. He was moved from parish to parish after complaint after complaint.

This documentary includes interviews with O'Grady who describes in grafic detail his behaviour, what made him do it, what the church did, and how he was set up for life with a pension by the church in order to keep quiet. Just as disturbing is the video of Cardinal Mahony in police interviews where he refuses to answer questions, and put himself and the church 1st. The victims dont even register on his radar.

This documentary was nominated for an Oscar for "Best Documentary" in 2007. It is a compelling piece of work, and although it is tough to watch in parts, it is well worth watching to see what happened, what the church did, and how they covered it up. The cover up even goes up to the present Pope.

Please take the time to watch this documentary, and by doing so, you will get a sense of what the victims of abuse went through, and how the church let them down. If anyone thinks Brady should stay in power right now, then I would advise them to watch this and I will gaurantee you that you will have changed your mind by the end of the film.

"Deliver Us From Evil" :       http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=7745088455537169028#

I saw that Dixie. horrific stuff and right the whole way to the vatican mafia with the peaked hats. That priest who supported the families was vey good and couragous and was on RTE radio yesterday. No rules or protocol stopping him for trying to help abused children. (Is it Fr Tom ...something)

johnneycool

With the Catholic Church still setting out to maintain canon law and the churches good name above all else what parent of sound mind would let their child get involved with a priest of person of the cloth in any capacity?

mylestheslasher

Quote from: johnneycool on March 17, 2010, 09:12:15 AM
With the Catholic Church still setting out to maintain canon law and the churches good name above all else what parent of sound mind would let their child get involved with a priest of person of the cloth in any capacity?

I believe that any parent that allows a priest to have sole unaccompanied access to the children is being negligent. Of course there is only a small chance that this priest is a Paedophille but if he were one we all know the church will do everything in its power to protect the culprit. My child will have nothing to do with any organisation that has no respect for the law of the land and no respect for the innocence of children.

longrunsthefox

Was listening to some old bollox called Msgr Maurice Dooley on the Nolan Show saying he would not report  a priest who told him he was molesting children.... so much for the 1975 arguement, some things never change. It was unbelievable wat he was saying including, "I would tell him to stop being  a paedophile.'  Laughable if it wasn't so stomach churning...
'Hang down yer head Maurice Dooley'... 
same as Myles, I don't bring my children near their door... we can talk to God from the house...

Gaffer

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 17, 2010, 11:02:26 AM
Was listening to some old bollox called Msgr Maurice Dooley on the Nolan Show saying he would not report  a priest who told him he was molesting children.... so much for the 1975 arguement, some things never change. It was unbelievable wat he was saying including, "I would tell him to stop being  a paedophile.'  Laughable if it wasn't so stomach churning...
'Hang down yer head Maurice Dooley'... 
same as Myles, I don't bring my children near their door... we can talk to God from the house...

Heard that man too. One of the things he said was, if a priest came to him now confessing that he was currently molesting children, Dooley would not report him to the police
"Well ! Well ! Well !  If it ain't the Smoker !!!"