Fairplay to Carrickmacross Councilors removing Isreali ambassador's signature

Started by SuperMac, March 07, 2010, 07:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Subbie

Quote from: mayogodhelpus@gmail.com on March 09, 2010, 07:31:39 PM
Quote from: Nally Stand on March 09, 2010, 07:16:31 PM
And a blueshirt is a blueshirt.

I noticed in the Irish Independent today that someone pointed out Mary Lou was bemoaning the fact that others called them Shinners, yet she proceeded in her next sentence to call Labour and Fine Gael, Blueshirts and Stickies. I would also add that they call the SDLP stoopers.

Sinn Fein calling Fine Gaelers Blueshirts is more akin to Fine Gaelers calling Sinn Feiners Terrorists than calling them Shinners. Must be noted the so called Blueshirts where only ever a tiny minority of those that went on to make up Fine Gael. I would be more than confident that there are more Terrorists/ex-Terrorists in Sinn Fein than ex-Blueshirts in Fine Gael. Not to mention the bank robbers and Garda killers.

Listen inda, your trying to spin here, tiny minority my hole, Cumann na nGaedheal  were getting royally ass whipped in 1930's Ireland both at the ballot box and at various mass rallies round the country that were disrupted, O'Duffy founded the Army comrades association and organised them along paramilitary lines which were common in Europe at the time, the Roman salute was the greeting of these blueshirts, same as another European national party at that time but lets not go there. Anyway eventually the blueshirts were deemed a proscribed organisation by De Velara and out of the ashes came Fine Geal,with the majority of recently disbanded blueshirts joining Fine Geal  indeed General Eoin O'Duffy was the first leader, so don't Inda, don't try and spin us a line here that fine geal is whiter than white, they as much as any party in Ireland with the exception of the greens were born with a gun in their hands.

Maguire01

Quote from: Zapatista on March 09, 2010, 06:24:27 PM
Awful lot of hysteria here. Between people going out of their way to play it down and other to play it up we are making a mountain out of a mole hill with both looking ridiculous.

The town council didn't want a record of the ambassador being an official guest in the town so they removed his name. Rather than use tip-ex the removed the page. It's no more and no less than that. If any of the posters here are offended by that then I think they are trying hard to be offended. If any think it's a strike against Israel by Ireland then they are deluded.

Bring back bird flu.
Regardless of what side of the fence you're on, let's call a spade a spade. It was a gesture. It was designed to make a stand and attract publicity.

Zapatista

Quote from: Maguire01 on March 09, 2010, 09:21:08 PM
Awful lot of hysteria here. Between people going out of their way to play it down and other to play it up we are making a mountain out of a mole hill with both looking ridiculous.

The town council didn't want a record of the ambassador being an official guest in the town so they removed his name. Rather than use tip-ex the removed the page. It's no more and no less than that. If any of the posters here are offended by that then I think they are trying hard to be offended. If any think it's a strike against Israel by Ireland then they are deluded.

Bring back bird flu.
Regardless of what side of the fence you're on, let's call a spade a spade. It was a gesture. It was designed to make a stand and attract publicity.

If that's the case then it was really a huge success.

give her dixie

Well folks, this day last year, March 9th, I crossed the Rafah border into Gaza and witnessed sights that will stay with me forever. Those sights changed my life, and until my last breath, I will support and champion the cause of the Palestinians.
What they have had to endure for over 60 years in just unbelievable. Here is a link to the damage I witnessed and recorded in Gaza http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oKOellc4DVE

In the past year I have been following the news there very closely. What goes on there in a daily basis is unreal.
F16's fly over Gaza almost every day, and every week or so, they bomb a tunnel or two. When I was there in early January, they bombed an area close to where I was, killing 1, and killing 2 at the tunnels. That is the reality there, and the world justs sits silent. Practically all the children there live in a terrified state, and the sound and sight of F16's freaks them out. Less than 20% of the food needed on a daily basis gets through, according to John Ging of UNRA.

Politicians come and go to Gaza, and to the west bank. They come home, make a bit of noise and then they get back to doing what they are told by Israel and the US. What western Government has imposed any form of sanctions on Israel following the massacre in Gaza last year? Have any of them threated to close their embassy if they are found guilty of forging passports? Will Ireland continue to spend millions of their military budget on equipment made in Israel?

The land grabs, the evictions, the settlements, the internment and murder of innocents among other things that goes on in the West Bank are also crimes against humanity. Plus, Cement Roadstone supplies the cement into these illegal settlements and worst of all, the illegal Apartheid Wall. For an Irish company to build and profit from these settlements and the wall is a complete disgrace and an embarrasment.

So, for Carrickmacross council to acknowledge these injustices and remove the ambassadors name is a step that has my full support. Fair play to them for having the courage to do it. The message was indeed symbolic, and it made serious news not only in Israel, but across the world. I don't care what Israel thinks about us over this, and they can make Fr Ted jokes all day long. It just shows them up for what they are. I can tell you this much, there are millions of Palestinians who are proud of the councillors for their actions.

For anyone else who think that human rights in Iran, China, Tibet or wherever else, are just as important, I agree. However, I am focussed on the Palestinian cause for now. So, in the meantime, if any of you feel strongly enough about them, I will give you my full support in any way I can in your work for them.

Below is a link to an Indy Media article about how the Gardi and an Israeli security man, possibly Mossad, followed a friend of mine yesterday in Dublin and harassed her. Read the story please.

http://www.indymedia.ie/article/96003
next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Zapatista

I hope your friend has better luck getting answers from this than I did from the department for a similar incident in 06.

Again, has the Minister no question to ask regarding Mossad operating in ireland?

Main Street

Quote from: Zapatista on March 09, 2010, 09:22:55 PM
Quote from: Maguire01 on March 09, 2010, 09:21:08 PM

Bring back bird flu.

If that's the case then it was really a huge success.
I wouldn't credit the design of the protest as having that amount of foresight.
The publicity it attracted was more to do with the accidental absurdity, in the same vein as that deranged cleric who attacked a marathon runner in the Olympics.

Zapatista

Quote from: Main Street on March 09, 2010, 11:46:50 PM
I wouldn't credit the design of the protest as having that amount of foresight.
The publicity it attracted was more to do with the accidental absurdity, in the same vein as that deranged cleric who attacked a marathon runner in the Olympics.

Or going for a point and hitting the back of the net.

Main Street

gallsman

Quote from: Zapatista on March 09, 2010, 07:49:37 PM
Different type of politness from what I learnt as a boy.

Maybe you shouldn't take everything too literally. I stand by calling her a **** and a ****.

bucketamail

well fair play to carrickmacross standing up to the isreali war machine. i bet isreal are quaking.  whats next you are going to stop using blue pens on white paper??

catch on will ya!

its just anothee publicity stunt by sinn fein!!

ardmhachaabu

Quote from: bucketamail on March 11, 2010, 02:51:22 PM
well fair play to carrickmacross standing up to the isreali war machine. i bet isreal are quaking.  whats next you are going to stop using blue pens on white paper??

catch on will ya!

its just anothee cheap publicity stunt by sinn fein!!
Fixed that for ya
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools, because they have to say something

longrunsthefox

catch on will ya!

Every gesture helps... like the woman in Dunnes who wouldn't handle goods from South Africa because of apartheid... if there were gestures like this and the Israeli ministers were shunned everywhere in the world they went, it would all help and show solidarity to the Palestinians. 
As Bobby Sands said, "Everyone, Republican or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something."

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: longrunsthefox on March 12, 2010, 12:06:18 AM

catch on will ya!

Every gesture helps... like the woman in Dunnes who wouldn't handle goods from South Africa because of apartheid... if there were gestures like this and the Israeli ministers were shunned everywhere in the world they went, it would all help and show solidarity to the Palestinians. 
As Bobby Sands said, "Everyone, Republican or otherwise, has their own particular part to play. No part is too great or too small; no one is too old or too young to do something."

100% agree, even the smallest gesture will have an effect.
And to all the lads who said this was a stupid/fruitless exercise, think of the Palestines who hear about this small gesture, it will give them hope and remind them that there are people out there that are thinking about them.
Tbc....

Nally Stand

Agree completely. Some of ye lads need to get over your bitterness for SF and think how this action would be viewed by the Palestinians. Did anyone claim it would have Israel quaking in it's boots? No. Did it send out a message to Israel that made every daily newspaper there? Yes. If you think it wouldn't help then fine but it does sweet F.A. harm so what's the problem. Or is it just because it was SF backed and you cannot see past that in your aul bitterness?
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

muppet

Quote from: Nally Stand on March 12, 2010, 05:09:59 AM
Agree completely. Some of ye lads need to get over your bitterness for SF and think how this action would be viewed by the Palestinians. Did anyone claim it would have Israel quaking in it's boots? No. Did it send out a message to Israel that made every daily newspaper there? Yes. If you think it wouldn't help then fine but it does sweet F.A. harm so what's the problem. Or is it just because it was SF backed and you cannot see past that in your aul bitterness?

God forbid that anyone would have a different opinion, especially on something so monumental as tearing a page out of a guest book in Carrickmacross.

I'm off to bitterness anonymous now.
MWWSI 2017