Fairplay to Carrickmacross Councilors removing Isreali ambassador's signature

Started by SuperMac, March 07, 2010, 07:12:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

deiseach

Quote from: Rav67 on March 07, 2010, 11:19:58 PM
Certainly not pro-Israeli myself but this is the sorta nonsense schoolchildren would be at.  Hardly the way to make a point about Israeli aggression.

+1

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: deiseach on March 07, 2010, 11:30:42 PM
Certainly not pro-Israeli myself but this is the sorta nonsense schoolchildren would be at.  Hardly the way to make a point about Israeli aggression.

+1

So lads we gonna send our 3 ships (sorry Navy) to the Med and sort this out?
Tbc....

Zapatista

+1

It was also having a go at the Mayor who tried to sneak the visit in behing the backs of the other councillers.

This small token just shows how little our Government are doing to highlight it.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

+1

Actually just wondering what would the pair of you do?

+1
Tbc....

deiseach

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 08, 2010, 12:30:02 AMActually just wondering what would the pair of you do?

Nothing. A guestbook was signed, leave it signed.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: hardstation on March 08, 2010, 12:33:36 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 08, 2010, 12:30:02 AM

+1

Actually just wondering what would the pair of you do?

+1
I would assume that they would do nothing as they are a pair of spineless feckers. Don't even have the balls to rip a page out of a book.

That made me smile!  :) Your probably right.
Tbc....

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: deiseach on March 08, 2010, 12:33:24 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 08, 2010, 12:30:02 AMActually just wondering what would the pair of you do?

Nothing. A guestbook was signed, leave it signed.

So just let Israel and Mossad take the piss out of our Nation?
Tbc....

deiseach

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 08, 2010, 12:37:17 AM

This gesture hasn't advanced the cause of peace one iota. All it does is weaken the hand of the the doves in Israel.

Gaoth Dobhair Abu

Quote from: deiseach on March 08, 2010, 12:40:01 AM
Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 08, 2010, 12:37:17 AM

This gesture hasn't advanced the cause of peace one iota. All it does is weaken the hand of the the doves in Israel.

Sorry but that sounds like alot of crap to me!
Carrrickmacross made a point, the only way they could (invasion not being an option) it has recieved worldwide publicity, you still haven't given an alternative reaction to the Israelis taking the piss out of our Nation?
Tbc....

deiseach

Quote from: Gaoth Dobhair Abu on March 08, 2010, 12:58:50 AM
Sorry but that sounds like alot of crap to me!
Carrrickmacross made a point, the only way they could (invasion not being an option) it has recieved worldwide publicity, you still haven't given an alternative reaction to the Israelis taking the piss out of our Nation?

And their 'point' has brought us closer to a resolution of the problems in the Middle East . . . how, exactly? Where does it stop? Why not get someone to wipe their arse with the page then post it to the Israeli embassy? Better still, wipe a pig's arse with it. Yeah, that'll show them!

I have put across an alternative reaction: do nothing. Why does every action have to be met with a reaction? Leave diplomacy to the diplomats

give her dixie

I think it was a brave decision and I support them for doing this.

People might think this was a stupid thing to do, or pettty, however, this news spread
across the world through the internet, and made the news in every major newspaper in Israel.
It has sent out a message to Israel that the world will not forgive them for their treatment
of the Palestinians, and what they did in Gaza last year.

Today marks the 1,000th day of the illegal siege on Gaza. It's time that Governements in the west
stopped bowing down to Israel/US pressure and take a stand like the councillor's in Carrickmacross
did. This siege has to end, for the sake of humanity.

next stop, September 10, for number 4......

Zapatista

I think the point is being missed here with people going out off their way to dismiss all this.

The point is that the Israeli Ambassador wasn't a guest of Carrickmacross. He was sneaked in behind the back of the Council and the towns people.

The people of Carrickmacross didn't want any record that said he was a guest of the town and decided to removed that record as it was false.

Fair play to them.

haveaharp

Nally Stand

Deiseach, you asked specifically what good it does? What specific good would it do to "do nothing". People have "done nothing" about Israeli savagery for too long. You think just leaving diplomacy to the diplomats alone is completely effective? What good has the foreign ministers visit done? This simple act in Carrickmacross was symbolic and was recognised worldwide, and most importantly, in Israel. If you think it does no good fair enough, but did it do harm? Don't under-estimate symbolism.
"The island of saints & scholars...and gombeens & fuckin' arselickers" Christy Moore

bingobus

Quote from: Zapatista on March 08, 2010, 08:20:15 AM
I think the point is being missed here with people going out off their way to dismiss all this.

The point is that the Israeli Ambassador wasn't a guest of Carrickmacross. He was sneaked in behind the back of the Council and the towns people.
The people of Carrickmacross didn't want any record that said he was a guest of the town and decided to removed that record as it was false.

Fair play to them.

No he wasn't. Get the facts before you start posting shite. I work in the building where he visited, the Council are based in offices below us. It was known by the councillors he was visiting, Sinn Fein had a protest the day he arrived and one of their councillors had a very vocal protest. The "picket" consisted of about 20 people tops and included councillors of Sinn fein for Carrickmacross and other nearby towns.
No other councillors attended his visit apart from the Town Mayor and he wasn't invited he was visiting a number of councils throughout Ireland in which he had requested an visit.
The decision to remove the page he had signed was voted on after a stormy council meeting on a vote of 5-4 with Sinn Fein and the Greens voting to remove it.