Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hoop

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 27, 2007, 02:17:50 PM
Agreed, all reasonable debate is now gone, its all lies and insults at this stage.

Excuse me while I piss myself laughing, Mr. Reasonable.

Not only is it complete denial about Kennedy's doings - it's now also complete denial regarding RTE web reports.

Go on, ban me - before I post even more unpleasant truths.

Pathetic.

tayto

Quote from: hoop on April 27, 2007, 02:49:55 PM
Pathetic.

yes, you are. oh nooo don't insult us again, we couldnt take it.

tayto

tell you what, call me a bigot again because I don't care about Shamrock rivers fans seating arrangements.

you FAI folk and your over use of the term.

Now tell me why booing rangers players isn't bigotry.

his holiness nb

Quote from: hoop on April 27, 2007, 02:49:55 PM

Go on, ban me - before I post even more unpleasant truths.

Pathetic.

Nobody wants you banned, unlike the Ultras we dont censor opinion on our forums.

Its just our opinion that this debate has gone to shite.
Are you not bored after 43 pages?

Go on, give us your predictions on the club championships

Do you fancy Thomas Davis V Vincents next week?
Ask me holy bollix

tayto

As if anyone would bother banning him. All you're doing is living up to stereotype.  ::)

his holiness nb

I'd say at the start of this thread people had an "idea" from hearsay (some from experience) as to what Rovers fans are like.

Now thanks to Good Relations, Hoop, Dublinfella and Willo they have actual interaction to base our opinions on.
Ask me holy bollix

dublinfella

Quote from: his holiness nb on April 27, 2007, 03:24:22 PM
I'd say at the start of this thread people had an "idea" from hearsay (some from experience) as to what Rovers fans are like.

Now thanks to Good Relations, Hoop, Dublinfella and Willo they have actual interaction to base our opinions on.

So I am a Rovers fan because 2 years ago I said this course of action would be madness?

2 years later all capital grants in Dublin to GAA clubs are suspended. Who told you that would happen (hint, me)

The standard of debate on this site is shocking. Because I use my own brain and think TD are acting recklessly (as seen by banning a govt minister from their clubhouse) I must be a Rovers plant.

Grow the f**k up.

his holiness nb

Dublinfella, you have 410 posts here, about 408 are defending Rovers.
Therefore its reasonable to presume you are a Rovers fan  ::)

I didnt call you a "plant" just a fan, who is entitled to come here and argue your point.
And from those points argued and those points of other Rovers fans on here I commented that people have something concrete rather than hearsay to base their opinions of Rovers fans.

I didnt say the opinions should be postive or negative, they can make their own minds up on that.
And you tell me to "grow the f**k up" ?

:-\
Ask me holy bollix

tayto

30 years ago willo, 30 years, will you ever get over it?  ::)

his holiness nb

Quote from: hoop on April 27, 2007, 06:26:10 PM

Soccer fan I said.

Snooping around - looking for information on Kennedy's "memo" - no debate - and pretending to have an interest in the stadium from a soccer viewpoint. I notice it didn't take the mods long to catch you out.

Must try harder.

What about Dublinfella posting here for ages saying "we" every time in reference to the GAA, and claiming not to be a Rovers fans.

Everyone knew he was bulshitting but he didnt get banned for it!
Ask me holy bollix

dublinfella

From todays Indo

Stadium row is not cricket

As many before me, I express my congratulations to the Irish cricket team on their terrific performances at the World Cup and for putting Irish cricket on the map.

I note in the euphoria of the welcome at Dublin airport on Tuesday, the Minister for Sport and Tourism Mr O'Donoghue kindly offered government funding and support for the establishment of a new national cricket ground.

While such a move would be very welcome, the Minister is obviously not learning the lessons taught recently by the whole Tallaght Stadium controversy.

Unless the cricket pitch and crease are adjusted to accommodate Gaelic games, surely the completion of such a ground will be the subject of another long term and costly judicial review courtesy of the GAA and its member clubs?

Gnevin

Quote from: dublinfella on April 28, 2007, 03:02:39 PM
From todays Indo

As many before me, I express my congratulations to the Irish cricket team on their terrific performances at the World Cup and for putting Irish cricket on the map.

I note in the euphoria of the welcome at Dublin airport on Tuesday, the Minister for Sport and Tourism Mr O'Donoghue kindly offered government funding and support for the establishment of a new national cricket ground.

While such a move would be very welcome, the Minister is obviously not learning the lessons taught recently by the whole Tallaght Stadium controversy.

Unless the cricket pitch and crease are adjusted to accommodate Gaelic games, surely the completion of such a ground will be the subject of another long term and costly judicial review courtesy of the GAA and its member clubs?

Yes because irish cricket are a professional team who want a free ground because they couldnt manage their finances . no wait thats rovers , and FYI cricket grounds tend to be quite big so i'm sure  Gaelic games will fit
Anyway, long story short... is a phrase whose origins are complicated and rambling.

dublinfella

Quote from: Gnevin on April 28, 2007, 03:11:08 PM
Quote from: dublinfella on April 28, 2007, 03:02:39 PM
From todays Indo

Yes because irish cricket are a professional team who want a free ground because they couldnt manage their finances . no wait thats rovers , and FYI cricket grounds tend to be quite big so i'm sure  Gaelic games will fit

Again with the free.

And again with the inalienable right the GAA have to play wherever they want while holding rule 42.

Hardy

Dublinfella, your line of argument has been debunked, discredited and demolished innumerable times in this thread alone and yet you continue to trot out the propaganda. You're barefaced and brassnecked to a degree seldom witnessed around here, or anywhere else, Fearon apart. The whole thing is tiresome at this stage, but once more, for the record, just in case anyone here isn't aware of the truth at this stage:

1.   The current proposal sees the capital cost of the stadium 99.1% paid for from public funds. Shamrock Rovers have contributed €100K of a projected €11M. To all intents and purposes, that is a free stadium, or as near as makes your constant challenging of the fact look totally ridiculous.
2.   Your bile about what you term the GAA's  "inalienable right the GAA have to play wherever they want while holding rule 42" is not only spiteful and petulant, it's nonsensical. The GAA has fronted up majority funding for all of its facilities that I know of. On the other hand, I don't know of any soccer club that owns its own facilities. Isn't the truth the exact opposite of your stupid contention? Isn't it Irish soccer, not the GAA,  that's constantly bleating to be accommodated in facilities owned and paid for by others?
3.   Thomas Davis GAA club has every right to seek a review of a dodgy ministerial edict that overturned to their disadvantage an undertaking by a public authority. A judge in open court has decided this. No amount of bluster from you can change that fact and your constant wailing about it here is becoming a bit of a joke.

dublinfella

Quote from: Hardy on April 28, 2007, 04:19:35 PM

1.   The current proposal sees the capital cost of the stadium 99.1% paid for from public funds. Shamrock Rovers have contributed €100K of a projected €11M. To all intents and purposes, that is a free stadium, or as near as makes your constant challenging of the fact look totally ridiculous.

that would be €100k this year, on top of the €2m they put in before. Where is the €11m figure coming from? Is that not the cost if TD win to redisgn and pull down existing structures?

What are the GAA offereing to put in? Zero. So its a scandal if soccer gets a majority free stadium, but just and right if the GAA get it 100% free?

Quote from: Hardy on April 28, 2007, 04:19:35 PM2.   Your bile about what you term the GAA's  "inalienable right the GAA have to play wherever they want while holding rule 42" is not only spiteful and petulant, it's nonsensical. The GAA has fronted up majority funding for all of its facilities that I know of. On the other hand, I don't know of any soccer club that owns its own facilities. Isn't the truth the exact opposite of your stupid contention? Isn't it Irish soccer, not the GAA,  that's constantly bleating to be accommodated in facilities owned and paid for by others?

So its just the percentage that the GAA put in thats the difference?

A comment like 'no soccer club owns its own facilities' is beneath contempt. Seriously?

Quote from: Hardy on April 28, 2007, 04:19:35 PM3.   Thomas Davis GAA club has every right to seek a review of a dodgy ministerial edict that overturned to their disadvantage an undertaking by a public authority. A judge in open court has decided this. No amount of bluster from you can change that fact and your constant wailing about it here is becoming a bit of a joke.

I agree they have a 'right' to enter a nuiscance suit, but if you recall, my angle was the strategic mistake suing the state would be. And its turned out worse than I predicted with all GAA clubs in the SDCC having their grants and planning permission applications frozen. Lucan Sarsfields have had public lands withdrawn from them.

As for the political fallout from banning Conor Lenihan from the clubhouse, it will be huge.

But the blind support continues for a man who has clearly breached the GAA's apolitical rules.