Shamrock Rovers Ultras

Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

his holiness nb

Quote from: Good Relations on April 24, 2007, 10:46:05 AM
So your telling me that if TD got to a major final and brought a few hundred fans to it that they would not have a song or banner insulting Shamrock Rovers...I doubt it.

Well they are playing St Vincents shortly in the Club championship.
Thats a pretty huge game for them, why dont you go along and see for yourself rather than speculate that they would probably do the same  ::)

Incidentally the people playing down the Webb incident (even the club said "these people" so its not just one) would qualify, in my opinion, to the ever increasing "tiny minority" of Rovers fans I would class as scum. But thats just my opinion. I suppose it makes me a bigot  :-*
Ask me holy bollix

hoop

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 24, 2007, 10:45:11 AM
I understand not wanting to be tarred with the same brush, but in fairness if you refuse to say that a banner like 'F*ck off and Die' is unacceptable, then it's hard to sympathise with your stance.

Kennedy from Thomas Davis has publicly stated that he has nothing against Rovers. Privately, he would love to put the club out of business - as illustrated by his famous "last man standing" e-mail to Croke Park HQ.

The banner stems DIRECTLY from his attitude - and is therefore perfectly logical.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: Good Relations on April 24, 2007, 10:46:05 AM
So your telling me that if TD got to a major final and brought a few hundred fans to it that they would not have a song or banner insulting Shamrock Rovers...I doubt it.

what an utter bullshit comment. Easily the most moronic thing thats ever been posted on this board.

AZOffaly

See that's where we are never going to agree. I cannot accept that wishing death on a group of people is an acceptable riposte for any argument. And to be honest, the fact that you *do* think it is acceptable makes me despair.

Good Relations

So your telling that there is no bad blood in Thomas Davis regarding Rovers.What about the letter that accidently got leaked last week saying that if Rovers take on TD that there would only be one winner and also the 13 page document given to all its members which contained some pretty bad stuff regarding Rovers.

Well if there was a lot of people shouting at Simon Webb how come no one seemed to hear it.Im not defending it but its not that hard to hear a pretty distinctive voice in that end of the ground where there tends to less supporters.

hoop

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 24, 2007, 10:49:59 AM
What lies, hoop?

The repeated assertion that the SRFC Ultras are "scum" or "hooligans" for example. It's a lazy, stupid and completely untrue claim. It is repeatedly made simply because they are a group of fans who have a name that people reckon is somehow sinister.

The ludicrous claims about crowd numbers at Rovers matches is another example - with some people putting the number at just a couple of hundred.

magpie seanie

QuoteWell if there was a lot of people shouting at Simon Webb how come no one seemed to hear it.

Simon Webb seems to have heard it.

magpie seanie

QuoteSo your telling me that if TD got to a major final and brought a few hundred fans to it that they would not have a song or banner insulting Shamrock Rovers...I doubt it.

what an utter bullshit comment. Easily the most moronic thing thats ever been posted on this board.

I have to agree and there has been some rubbish put up here over the years.

Anyway, as Hardy often points out - GAA fans don't sing songs to keep themselves entertained at matches. What happens on the field does that for them.

hoop

Quote from: AZOffaly on April 24, 2007, 10:54:38 AM
See that's where we are never going to agree. I cannot accept that wishing death on a group of people  is an acceptable riposte for any argument.

Oh for feck's sake - it's a turn of phrase that is probably used in just about every school playground in the country. That doesn't mean that kids are actually wishing death on each other, does it???

Kennedy however, DOES WISH death on our club.

bottlethrower7

Quote from: magpie seanie on April 24, 2007, 10:59:39 AM
QuoteWell if there was a lot of people shouting at Simon Webb how come no one seemed to hear it.

Simon Webb seems to have heard it.

and if it didn't happen, why did the club see fit to apologise for it?

bottlethrower7

Quote from: hoop on April 24, 2007, 11:02:27 AM
Kennedy however, DOES WISH death on our club.

no he doesn't

hoop

Quote from: bottlethrower7 on April 24, 2007, 11:03:52 AM
no he doesn't

I'm afraid he does.

He has stated as much on many occasions - usually after a drink or two, when his tongue loosens and he forgets who's listening.

Good Relations

Of course the club have to apologise for something that undeniably happened but not in the context most people seem to think

Did you not read my last message

Well if there was a lot of people shouting at Simon Webb how come no one seemed to hear it.Im not defending it but its not that hard to hear a pretty distinctive voice in that end of the ground where there tends to less supporters.

his holiness nb

Quote from: hoop on April 24, 2007, 11:02:27 AM
Oh for feck's sake - it's a turn of phrase that is probably used in just about every school playground in the country. That doesn't mean that kids are actually wishing death on each other, does it???

Thats some scary ass school you send your kids too.

"He has stated as much on many occasions - usually after a drink or two, when his tongue loosens and he forgets who's listening"

For f**k sake  ::)

OK so, I heard the Rovers manager say he wishes all the poor kids in africa died.
You see just saying it doesnt make it true.
Ask me holy bollix

bottlethrower7

Quote from: hoop on April 24, 2007, 11:06:07 AM
Quote from: bottlethrower7 on April 24, 2007, 11:03:52 AM
no he doesn't

I'm afraid he does.

He has stated as much on many occasions - usually after a drink or two, when his tongue loosens and he forgets who's listening.