Started by 15 Johnny Blues, April 04, 2007, 05:21:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dodo

Willo, can I ask you a question ?

Where is Deco and Anto ?

:D

his holiness nb

Another Pearl from Willo......

"I would love to back to the start and tell those idiots who started this bigoted organisation to think again.Let the masses play a real game like soccer like it is done throughout the world and we would all be happier"

Know I know why the Ultras keep their forum locked to the public.
Embarrassment!  :D :D :D :D :D :D :D
Ask me holy bollix

tayto

Classic! we havent had one this dumb in a while.

Oh not the it's played around the world, therefore it's better argument. McDonalds is the world's most popular restaurant, doesn't make it the world's best restaurant.

The bigoted argument? Ask any Rangers players who has the misfortune to come to Lansdowne roadm they'd know all about the fair minded Irish soccer public. The GAA puts it's interests first, that's hardly bigotry, get over it. Now, booing someone who plays for a protestant football club is plain and simple bigotry.

I blame too many headers. IQ goes down the toilet.

Really you should leave it at that willo me aul china, you're just making a fool of yourself.

willo

Quote from: tayto on April 19, 2007, 01:52:47 PM
Classic! we havent had one this dumb in a while.

Oh not the it's played around the world, therefore it's better argument. McDonalds is the world's most popular restaurant, doesn't make it the world's best restaurant.

The bigoted argument? Ask any Rangers players who has the misfortune to come to Lansdowne roadm they'd know all about the fair minded Irish soccer public. The GAA puts it's interests first, that's hardly bigotry, get over it. Now, booing someone who plays for a protestant football club is plain and simple bigotry.

I blame too many headers. IQ goes down the toilet.

Really you should leave it at that willo me aul china, you're just making a fool of yourself.
GAA a small organisation in the world of sport..they think their great in Ireland.any one can play their footbal .kick and catch whats that all about..play a skillful game and go back to bogland.

behind the wire

willo, you arent welcome on the gaa board. we will respect your opinion but please dont insult us. try the owc site, you will be able to find people who share your views on the gaa there.

im a good neighbour, so if worse comes to worse rovers can use my back garden, it would be big enough for the ground game. there should be enough room on the patio for the 'supporters'.
p.s. i will have to close the blinds and go away for the day though.
He who laughs last thinks the slowest

Good Relations

Great article in todays Star...

[/IMG]

Good Relations

Looks like all yesterday's press caused a bit of a stir in the TD camp. From no comments in yesterday's press, today they've put Kennedy front and centre to talk to Ian O'Riordain of the Irish Times (is he a half way house between GAA correspondant Sean Moran and football correspondant Emmett Malone?).

Irish Times 19.04.07

Thomas Davis reiterate their offer of direct talks
Ian O'Riordan

The increasingly bitter row over the use of the Tallaght stadium site took a somewhat milder twist yesterday when the Thomas Davis GAA club reiterated their invitation to Shamrock Rovers to sit down and try to establish more cordial talks on the matter.

This follows developments earlier this week when Rovers chairman Jonathan Roche described as "a disgrace" a letter sent earlier this month by his counterpart at Thomas Davis, Christopher O'Donnell, to members of the GAA club in relation to the issue of access to the proposed stadium.

However, Thomas Davis club spokesman David Kennedy has attempted to ease the row by calling for both parties to sit down and talk, which he claims has already been offered to the soccer club on several occasions.

"We're as frustrated as everyone else by the whole saga," said Kennedy. "But, in fact, we've held out that invitation on more than one occasion over the past number of months, but have had no response whatsoever. Your guess is as good as mine why that's been the case. But we're more than willing to extend that invitation again."

In the letter, dated April 7th, O'Donnell encouraged members to make an election issue of the club's fight to win access to the stadium and provides detailed instruction to members on how the issue should be raised with politicians during the forthcoming campaign.

He also suggested they should not support local Fianna Fail TD Conor Lenihan, a Minister for State at the Department of Foreign Affairs, because he had recently signalled to club officials his support for the line taken by John O'Donoghue, that Government funding for the project be conditional upon it being used solely for soccer.

O'Donnell says the politician has been informed he will not be welcome at the club until the GAA is accommodated at the stadium.

"That letter was circulated to our members to keep them up to date in what is a very important and very sensitive issue," explained Kennedy, "and was somehow leaked to press. But we'd dismiss any claims that the contents were inaccurate.

"We're certainly not trying to sour relations here. We're happy to speak with anyone on this, including the minister, and we'd certainly like to appease any fears they might have by what we're trying to achieve here, because the reality is this stadium can still be open for use in 12 months time."

In the meantime a preliminary hearing takes place this Friday on Thomas Davis' successful request for a judicial review of the case, although that is merely to establish a date and procedures for the hearing itself. "That's essentially a planning matter anyway, but the real issue here is to get the stadium finished as soon as possible," said Kennedy.

"So we are available to talk, and always have been, and in fact we offered to bring in a mediator, from a soccer background, but Rovers haven't taken us up on that either. From what I can see Jonathan Roche is very genuine in his approach, and so are we, and hopefully we can establish some cordial relations here.

"But we certainly didn't turn this into a political issue. That was done by the minister himself when he insisted all funding would be withdrawn if the stadium went ahead as a multi-purpose facility, despite that being voted the case by the South Dublin County Council back in December of 2005."

lies lies and more lies...
but at least their cage is rattled.. BIG TIME!

Good Relations

Well Im sure that the article was read by the Editor of the Star and he gave the go ahead for it to be published and after all the reporter is a professional one so he knows what hes writing about.

It is amazing though the way Thomas Davis are very quick to try and defend the fact that they published a 13 page letter to all its members trying to bad mouth Shamrock Rovers,Conor Lenahan and the Government in general.

That letter carries a pack of lies any way.

deiseach

Quote from: Good Relations on April 19, 2007, 04:36:21 PM"That letter was circulated to our members to keep them up to date in what is a very important and very sensitive issue," explained Kennedy, "and was somehow leaked to press. But we'd dismiss any claims that the contents were inaccurate.

That's what you get for not having the letter self-destruct once read ::)

dublinfella

Quote from: deiseach on April 19, 2007, 05:57:40 PM
Quote from: Good Relations on April 19, 2007, 04:36:21 PM"That letter was circulated to our members to keep them up to date in what is a very important and very sensitive issue," explained Kennedy, "and was somehow leaked to press. But we'd dismiss any claims that the contents were inaccurate.

That's what you get for not having the letter self-destruct once read ::)

bizarre that he didnt think that one of the 1,000+ letters might make it into a journo's hands. Especially when it includes something as explosive as banning a Minister from your clubhouse.

why is he now asking for talks with Rovers, I thought this was beetween the GAA and the Govt and nothing to do with the hoops?  ???

anyone else hear that St Marks in Tallaght have formally withdrawn support from the Thomas Davis position on the stadium and their legal challenge?

behind the wire

dublinfella, give me a good reason why the stadium should be built exclusively for shamrock rovers without them making anything more than a nominal contribution.

deiseach

Quote from: behind the wire on April 19, 2007, 07:09:50 PM
dublinfella, give me a good reason why the stadium should be built exclusively for shamrock rovers without them making anything more than a nominal contribution.

And so it begins once again . . . :D

dublinfella

Quote from: behind the wire on April 19, 2007, 07:09:50 PM

Its not being built exclusivly for them. They are going to be anchor tenents in a soccer sized facility, sharing with possibly another LOI club, local cup games, underage internationals etc. Also mentioned have been rugby, hockey, underage and ladies GAA.

Or put another way, why should the entire structure, foundations and drainage that Rovers have paid for be demolished, the stadium redisigned and capacity reduced for Thmas Davis who have and will contribute ZERO?

behind the wire

good point dublinfella, at least you present a well thought out and reasonable argument.
i can now see where you are coming from, however, i still think that a public facility should be open to all the public - including the gaa, rugby etc. will rovers have to pay rent as they are the anchor tenants?

dublinfella

Quote from: behind the wire on April 19, 2007, 07:36:35 PM
good point dublinfella, at least you present a well thought out and reasonable argument.
i can now see where you are coming from, however, i still think that a public facility should be open to all the public - including the gaa, rugby etc. will rovers have to pay rent as they are the anchor tenants?

my understanding is yes with SDCC also taking a cut from the advertising and ancillary (bar, hot dogs) revenue.

Rovers get 40 games a year and the option to build their own clubhouse and the SDCC can decide what to do with the stadium the rest of the time, ie the local schools, clubs and any other sports that can be accommodated.