Football Trivia Question Driving Me Nuts!

Started by 118cmal, April 14, 2009, 05:40:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mouview

First player to win European Cup with 2 different clubs?

Declan

QuoteFirst player to win European Cup with 2 different clubs?

Jimmy Rimmer?

longrunsthefox

Which was the first World Cup final were the team that scored first went on to win?

gallsman

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 15, 2009, 05:09:11 PM
Which was the first World Cup final were the team that scored first went on to win?

longrunsthefox

Quote from: gallsman on April 15, 2009, 05:18:39 PM

Jees! I just checked that out and you are right. I thought I remembered David Coleman during the 1970 final warning viewers that no team who had scored first in final went on to win. Maybe he said no team since the first final in 1930! Anyway he said it after Pele had opened the scoring and of course Brazil went on to win.   

longrunsthefox

Right! Gallsman-no looking this up on the web... last player to score in every round of the FA Cup- I remember this and checked -definently rite his time!

Doire abú

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 15, 2009, 05:48:57 PM
Right! Gallsman-no looking this up on the web... last player to score in every round of the FA Cup- I remember this and checked -definently rite his time!

Peter Osgood i think.

longrunsthefox

Quote from: Doire abú on April 15, 2009, 05:52:51 PM

Peter Osgood i think.

Aye -is strange it ain't been done in the 39 years since 1970 but was done in 1968 by.... ?

The Real Laoislad

I remember Irelands John Byrne for Sunderland scored in every round till the final v Liverpool in 1992
You'll Never Walk Alone.

longrunsthefox

I can remember Ted McDougal of Bournemouth scoring nine goals in a cup game against some team and all the winners and scorers from 60s to mid 80s and can hardly remember who won it in last few years. The mind dulls as the years roll on  :'(

Our Nail Loney

Quote from: longrunsthefox on April 15, 2009, 05:38:56 PM
Quote from: gallsman on April 15, 2009, 05:18:39 PM

Jees! I just checked that out and you are right. I thought I remembered David Coleman during the 1970 final warning viewers that no team who had scored first in final went on to win. Maybe he said no team since the first final in 1930! Anyway he said it after Pele had opened the scoring and of course Brazil went on to win.   

f**k how old are you fox??

RedandGreenSniper

Can you fill in the gap? (An oldie but a goodie)

1979: Sunderland
1980: ?????
1981: Villa
Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year

The Real Laoislad

You'll Never Walk Alone.

The Watcher Pat

Ian wright?
There is no I in team, but if you look close enough you can find ME

RedandGreenSniper

Mayo for Sam! Just don't ask me for a year